Motorola One Zoom

Motorola One Zoom

The chipset is the dealbreaker for me

Sam k, 09 Apr 2021How good is the telephoto camera? is it a mimic and crop ve... moreIt says on the specs sheet 3x optical zoom so it's optical zoom and yes the quality is great I'm using a cosmic purple Motorola one zoom right now

It has been updated to Android 10

Sam k, 09 Apr 2021How good is the telephoto camera? is it a mimic and crop ve... moreIt is a real camera. Quite good

• Sam k

Cuban User, 06 Jan 2021I bought this phone on november from the motorola official ... moreHow good is the telephoto camera? is it a mimic and crop version of the main camera? or is it a real sensor behind it?

• Luke1979

I bought this mobile last year in an ebay auction.
I like to buy and sell smartphones to try them, and I had the s20 plus for a couple of weeks with the motorola.
It´s strange but i really didn´t see any advantage in the s20 plus compared to the One Zoom, i took pictures (also zoomed) and the detail level was the same, also in the dark they are absolutely comparable, and the stock android UI of the motorola really made the more pore powerful processor of the s20 plus irrelevant. Ah, and the moto gestures are really something useful.
I really hope motorola produces more such mobiles (with oled display and zoom cameras) in the future.

• User

ANONIMO, 14 Jan 2021I have a question, do you know if this device should be exc... moreDon't even compare those phones, my parents have the Redmi and it's good for the price but the moto is better in every single aspect.

• JTowers

If you bought this phone, live in the US and have T-mobile (don't know if it works with other networks) please let the phone to do all the updates it will take a while (about 30 minutes). It has to install all the Android9 OS patches then it will upgrade to Android10. After that, the voLTE and wifi calling (and video call) issues will be resolved.

• ANONIMO

I have a question, do you know if this device should be exchanged for my xiaomi redmi 7a?

• Tzatzah

xcv, 01 Jan 2021Where you live? In Europe, Android 10 was pushed in the Sep... moreI live in Europe also, Romania. Yeah I received the android 10 update in September, but it took almost a year since it was launched to be released for the one zoom, at first it was supposed to be released in February. And as you may know, the android 11 update may not come at all...

1) Use GCam (mady by Witchaya) instead of the stock Moto Camera app.
3) Natural = sRGB colour space // Saturated = DCI-P3 colour space
Natural should be used whole the time unless you watch HDR content which Zoom can‘t reproduce anyway.
Also, almost on every Motorola phone you can adjust white balance. Zoom like the most phones‘ displays, has a bit of blue tint i.e. white balance is a bit of cool. So, enter Settngs > Display > Night Light and adjust slider to lower blue tint.
7) Sound over speaker and 3,5mm jack is actually bad to average in Android 9, but Motorola fixed it in Android 10 upgrade.
Go to Audio Effects and switch to Balanced.

• Cuban User

I bought this phone on november from the motorola official website in EUA throught a friend (250usd), who updated it to Android 10. Right now, I can say:

1- Camera is pretty good, it manages to do it very well in almost every possible scenarios,
video..... so so.
2- Battery is big enough to last almost two days of average use. In my case, it last a whole day with data and hostpot on.
3- Screen: Despite it has only three options to calibrate colors, the quality is pretty good.
4-Fingerprint: Despite of what I heard from some people, mine is very accurate, however a little bit slow sometimes.
5- Love its design and pretty (but not so useful Moto logo led on the rear), it feels almost like a flagship in hand. (But a little heavy)
6- Conectivity: Pretty good and fast, and has everything one could espect (Radio, NFC, JACK!!, etc)
7- Sound: Loud and without distorting too much when it is at its max volume
8- Performance: Im not a gamer user, but use a lot of apps to work and so far it handles everything perfectly fine, no lags, no crashed app, and very fluent. (Love Android almost stock)

All in all, Im very pleased with this phone, I think it is one of the best for this price right now, if you can get it for that price go for it, you wont regret.

Tzatzah, 26 Dec 2020I've owned Motorola devices before, and I was very ple... moreWhere you live? In Europe, Android 10 was pushed in the September update, and there are regular security updates every two months which is the standard practice for Motorola.

• Tzatzah

I've owned Motorola devices before, and I was very pleased with the stock android experience and fast sistem updates. I've waited for the one zoom to come out, and was very excited because it's a great phone. But I must say, now I am very disappointed with the android 10 update taking way too long to be released... and now not to get any android 11 updates. This phone supposed to be toward the top of the motorola midrange phones. Will not buy Motorola again for sure

Pls am in Ghana, Wish to use the Moto one zoom but wondering how to get it. Somebody help me please, It's my dream phone

I am a gamer and I would like to know if this phone better than the iPhone 7?

• A50 User

no dedicated Micro sd slot no buy for me

• motouser

CakeForBreakfast, 12 Nov 2020I've had this phone for about a week now, coming from ... moreDoes it have VOLTE can this phone be switch to Metro pcs?

• CakeForBreakfast

I've had this phone for about a week now, coming from a Samsung S7 that broke after 4 years. The main reason I've chosen this phone is it's camera, and indeed it's very good especially when factoring in the price. It does, however, take a long time to focus in low light. Performance-wise I haven't noticed any improvement over the S7, but the battery can easily last for 2 days with normal usage + internet browsing. The Panda screen I feel is a bit more resistant to fingerprints, but I prefer the Gorilla glass when it comes to how it feels to the touch.

When come moto one zoom in pakistan i wait for this phon