Nokia 1

Nokia 1

Anonymous, 18 Nov 2021Is the pin code unlock issue (not detecting the right pin) ... moreIt does not recognise the pin or pattern signing after 1 day of power on straight. The best solution is just to restart the phone.

Is the pin code unlock issue (not detecting the right pin) still a problem in Nokia 1 ?

• TheoS

EU.iSE17, 01 Nov 2021This nokia 1 is a durable phone being used by my nephew it... moreYes. If you keep it on Oreo and don't update it with HMD Pie and 10 updates.... that's where the problems started. I loved my little Nokia1 when I bought it. Cute and small and everything 100%.
The Pie and 10 updates from HMD turned it into a POS. Suddenly the phone had all kinds of issues that they never bothered fixing......ever. We begged. No response from HMD.

This nokia 1 is a durable phone being used by my nephew its been 2yrs now ..

• TheoS

My Nokia1 became many little Nokia1 pieces when I: drove over it, smashed it and poured gasoline on what was left and set it alight. Was worth it seeing the phone destroyed. Was satisfaction for me knowing that I have destroyed the most irritating and frustrating and time wasting POS cellphone ever.

It wasn't born a POS. No. HMD turned it into one.

Never another Nokia whilst this HMD clown show is busy destroying the Nokia name.

Anonymous, 30 Jul 2021Hey Wicusjvv, by the way Kingston is a pretty good brand, 1... moreWicusjvv, an update. Class 4 card with "write speed" of about 4 or 5 MB/s work fine with my Nokia 1.
Tried a new SanDisk Class 4, got it online. Year 2020 was mentioned on packet, and strangely its write speed is 15MB/s (a Class 10 card speed). My phone had issues with this card within hours to a day.
Sticking with an old Class 4 card.
I haven't tried a Class 6 card though, rather hard to find one online.

Anonymous, 30 Jul 2021Hey Wicusjvv, no I never had this issue of music or pics be... moreHey Wicusjvv, by the way Kingston is a pretty good brand, 16gb or 32gb is fine for this phone. Try to get a Class 4. I saw SanDisk Class 4 SD card being sold on Amazon a few months ago.

Wicusjvv, 29 Jun 2021Have you had the issue too of the phone deleting your music... moreHey Wicusjvv, no I never had this issue of music or pics being deleted off the card.
My Class 10 cards always had issues with this phone not detecting it after a day or couple of days. Needed a phone restart to solve this, music and pics were still there though. I set up my cards as 'portable' (not 'internal') on this Nokia 1.

I've been using a Class 4 SD card without any issues for a long time.

Anonymous, 03 Jul 2021It's rubbish. I had a Nokia 1 almost 3 years ago, duri... moreSo you shoul buy expensive phone this is only for call or whatsapp

hassan, 14 Jun 2021can anyone tell me how is the phone is ? It's rubbish. I had a Nokia 1 almost 3 years ago, during summer the phone overheated and it was shuting down randomly and often. After cooling down, it restarted when it was in the mood and briefly.
Also laggy, the screen is britle, at least it was cheap. I do not miss it

• Wicusjvv

Anonymous, 04 Mar 2021That Class 10 SD card (unknown brand 128gb) worked fine for... moreHave you had the issue too of the phone deleting your music and pictures off the SD card, sometimes every day, I use a Kingston 16gb class 10 card, also it does not pick up the card sometimes.

• hassan

Steve White, 21 Mar 2021This was my main phone for two years, until late 2020. I... morecan anyone tell me how is the phone is ?

• TheoS

m., 13 Apr 2021Nokia f^^^^d up phone wilth low quality Android 9 and 1O updatesExactly. Phone was 100% ok with Oreo that it came with. Everything worked perfectly with NO bugs. Than HMD turned it into a POS with Android 9 and 10 updates. NEVER ANOTHER NOKIA whilst HMD is running the show.

• m.

Nokia f^^^^d up phone wilth low quality Android 9 and 1O updates

This was my main phone for two years, until late 2020.

I got it because I had a Nokia in the old days that served me for a long time, and the Nokia 1 was one of the few phones I could operate comfortably with one hand.

Really good: >1 day between charges with BT and WIFI on. Nokia upgraded from Android 8 to 9 to 10, and even recently continues to provide security updates.

Worst hardware issues: screen was never very bright -- barely readable in sunlight. The camera is pretty much bottom of the barrel -- no autofocus. Also, it turned out the camera was very vulnerable to physical wear.

Most annoying: A persistent bug with pattern log-in to the phone -- every week or so it would proclaim the pattern was wrong, and would maintain that position on any pattern it was given, right or not. Only a re-boot fixed it. This was reported to Nokia, and discussed with them, and again and again I did experiments for them. Complete waste of time. I suspect no programmer ever heard about it.

In the end, I moved on to another phone for those reasons, and because the protective layer had worn off the camera lens, making images ugly blurry.

Upshot: it was a good phone, served me adequately most of the time. It deserved more in its line, never got them. Their customer service is just broken.
Nokia blew their opportunity to make me a loyal customer.

• Tmoney

Ome, 19 Jan 2021Try to factory reset youre phone if you experience bugsHow do I factory reset my Nokia 1 phone,its not coming up

• TheoS

Anonymous, 04 Mar 2021That Class 10 SD card (unknown brand 128gb) worked fine for... moreWhy battle on like this with the Nokia 1 without any problems resolved by HMD?. Never another Nokia. I'm over HMD. Even the Redmi GO hasn't had the software issues that the Nokia 1 has. And they were competing against each other. Tough means NOTHING if software cripples the phone. Bah.

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2020Some clarity to my earlier posts about the microSD cards: ... moreThat Class 10 SD card (unknown brand 128gb) worked fine for a month. Then the card wasn't detected by my Nokia 1.

Now I've been using the Class 4 SD card (fake Huawei class10, 256gb) for two months. Card and phone have been working fine until now :)

I am convinced that the SD card's class type matters for this Nokia 1. It is Class 4, maybe 6 too, but certainly NOT Class 10, U1, U3, V30 etc.

Will be getting smaller capacity (32 or 64gb) Class 4 cards of a known brand (SanDisk, Samsung...) for my Nokia 1s. May try a Class 6 out of curiosity.

• Saad Hussain

After jan 2021 update..... It has serious battery drain issues....

• TheoS

I purchased a Redmi 9C because I had had enough of HMD and my Nokia 1 unresolved issues with Pie and Android 10. Redmi fast and just works like a phone should without issues.

Having a working phone allowed me to try figure out what the hell is wrong with the Nokia 1. I removed the SD card. Factory reset the phone (for the umpteenth time) and.......left it SD card free. No SD card.

Surprise, surprise. ZERO PROBLEMS for a full Month now. Everything works like it should.

No more issues. Try it.