Nokia 6220 classic

Nokia 6220 classic

• Rose

Dal, 03 Feb 2009I will like 2 know if N82 is as fast as 6220 classic cos I want ... moreI have this phone and a relative has the other which I have tried too when looking at it. The 6620 Classic is very much the same as the other Nokia except for the bigger screen,and softer keys which I prefer but no big deal. If you can afford the N 82 and you like the sliding function then go for it. I think this is a pretty good phone that comes a bit cheaper for those who can't afford the more expensive one. Also I must mention that the camera on the N 6220 Classic is really very good producing clear pictures. It is a great phone really.

• Rose

alfred, 03 Feb 2009can someone tell me how to deactivate the "sound" when taking a ... moreTo change the camera tone. Click on camera>>options>>settings>>>camera tone.

• alfred

can someone tell me how to deactivate the "sound" when taking a picture or a movie ? As well as the red light when filming

• Gabby

Why is the AF assist light turned on when you take videos? Can it be turned off? Or is my phone defective since the light is turned on always when taking videos. Help!

• Dal

I will like 2 know if N82 is as fast as 6220 classic cos I want a fast phone but dont know which 2 choose.

• Gabby

I got mine a few days back mine is purple n it looks really cool n unique its a superb handset keeping the price range in mind

• sash_x

Excellent picture and video quality for a phone which is not top end.Gps is not always accurate and the loudspeaker gives lousy sound quality when compared to sony erricsson phones in the same price range.

• Sash_x

Icon, 01 Feb 2009Is there any way of improving the music output of the phone? Is ... moreYou can purchase an adapter which coverts from 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm.Try music or electronic stores

• celladik

Gabby, 01 Feb 2009Just another thing about the camera, the AF assist light is qui... moreNo mate, i would really disagreed with your statement as a whole saying SE is better in camera dept. I kn0w its n0t fair to c0mpare your k810 with n82 but its very clear that n82 is the winner. But in cAse of 6220c i read some review that its camera is inferior to n82. Thats maybe the reas0n why you said that SE is better. And we all kn0w and a lot of reviews that n82 is better even with k850. Peace ouT happy reading

• celladik

Dal, 02 Feb 2009Is the autofocus problem of 6220c found in N82. Need a quick reply plsN0 its n0t.

• Dal

Is the autofocus problem of 6220c found in N82. Need a quick reply pls

• ayesha

blazzer, 31 Jan 2009which phone has the better camera resolution nokia 6220 or sony... morew902 has better camera result

• ayesha

• Icon

Is there any way of improving the music output of the phone? Is there a way of buying an audio jack to connect normal headphones to the phone? Will this improve the music quality without using the given headset or a bluetooth stereo headset.
Im using jabra headset the sound quality is not so clear.

• Matej

Is it truth that mobile is scratchy( a lot )...
I heard when you take te mobile in your pocket that display scratches a lot, is it truth or jealous people say that... I see a lot people like this phone...

• iLUVZtehIPOWNZ

I thought this was a lousy phone. Hell, it's almost like an N95! LoL

Not the best, but I'm way more than happy with it now.

The build could definitely be a lot better, but hey, for that price, I am OKAY with it!

• Mega

I have a QUESTION:

When you take videos, why is the AF assist light always turned on? Can you turn it off?

• Gabby

Just another thing about the camera, the AF assist light is quite useless. As compared to the AF assist light of my previous phone, K810i. When taking a pic, there will be the autofocus grid on the screen, and when you look at it thru the viewfinder, you will notice that the AF assist light is not within the autofocus grid when taking a picture. Really bad. All the review I read said that N82 and 6220c are the best camera phone, but I beg to disagree. SE camphones are better. When I used my K810i, I feel like I'm using a real stand-alone digicam. But with the 6220c, it feels like a phonecam really. I hope those who were previous SE users, especially those with the K-series phones would also comment on what I wrote. It would enlighten a lot of things. Thanks!

• Gabby

I bought this phone yesterday. All I can say that the camera of Sony Ericsson phones are better. My phone before this was K810i. But despite the inferior camera compared to SE phones, I enjoyed this phone since it is very user friendly and a lot of applications.

Fun stuff:
1. the phone can read your SMS messages for you
2. it has a very useful dictionary!
3. maps are really cool!

Downside:
1. it is not a very sturdy phone, lots of creaks. I feel if I accidentally drop my phone, that will be the end of it.
2. Very weak AF assist light, since it is very weak, it can hardly focus on your subject on lowlight conditions.
3. the camera switch in the back is of very, very BAD quality, i feel it may fall off anytime soon.
4. Keypads are hard to use, I end up pressing 2 buttons at the same time.
5. the screen is fine, but it is not well built, makes lots of creaking sounds.
6. Music is really lousy, but that's because it's in mono.

I know that there are more cons than pros about this phone, but basically I like it. It is a very refreshing phone to use especially if you are an SE user for quite some time. But the camera is a disappointing. If I could turn back time, I should have purchased N82, too bad I was on a budget so I bought 6220c instead.