Nokia 6 (2018) review
Nowadays, most smartphones are sequels to once successful headliners and, in an unsurprising turn of events, HMD opted to continue the Nokia 6 series. It was a no-brainer decision though as the 2017 model reportedly sold in more than 10 million units so HMD is wise to make the best of this opportunity.
The new Nokia 6 (2018), also known as Nokia 6.1, has its screen bezels trimmed and employs a modern and much more powerful Snapdragon 630 chip. The main camera benefits from a new Zeiss lens and it can now do 4K videos.
The upgrade list continues with high-quality audio recording, newer Bluetooth 5.0, and the latest Android 8.1 Oreo in its stock form as the phone is now part of the Android One program.
Nokia 6 (2018) Specs
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front, aluminum unibody
- Screen: 5.5-inch, 16:9, 1080p IPS LCD; Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 Zeiss lens, PDAF; 2160p@30fps video recording; dual-tone LED
- Front Camera: 8MP, 1080p@30fps video recording;
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630, octa-core Cortex-A53 @ 2.2GHz, Adreno 508 GPU
- Memory: 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB, dedicated microSD slot for up to 256GB expansion
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Battery: 3,000mAh, Turbo Charge 18W
- Connectivity: Optional Dual SIM (4G), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU, Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, FM radio, USB Type-C port
- Misc: Fingerprint reader on the back
A few things were left untouched since the first Nokia 6 - the storage and RAM options, the 3,000 mAh battery and the camera sensors on both front and rear snappers. But the Nokia 6 (2018) has seen enough changes already and if done right - there is no reason why the new 6 shouldn't surpass the old one in sales.
Unboxing the Nokia 6 (2018)
The Nokia 6 (2018) price might be hinting for basic bundled accessories, but that's exactly what the bundle is not. Inside the paper box, we found an 18W wall plug for fast charging, a regular USB Type-C cable, and a pair of earbuds with an integrated mic. Granted, the headset is more basic than the one the Nokia 7 Plus gets, but at least, we have all bases covered with the included stuff. Okay, perhaps without a complimentary phone case, but we are really pushing it.
Some paperwork and a SIM ejection pin complete the Nokia 6 (2018) box contents.
My comments are as same as yours.
- 14 Oct 2020
Color is very good, but the camera lens is very soft and the software cant handle bright sky.
- 13 Oct 2020
My Nokia 6.1 is the best phones I have used so far. I bought it late 2018 till now it's still intact, all parts functioning and responding promptly. My only regret is, I can't use two sim cards because I have an SD card in the second port.
- 29 Aug 2020