Nokia 6 (2018) review
Nowadays, most smartphones are sequels to once successful headliners and, in an unsurprising turn of events, HMD opted to continue the Nokia 6 series. It was a no-brainer decision though as the 2017 model reportedly sold in more than 10 million units so HMD is wise to make the best of this opportunity.
The new Nokia 6 (2018), also known as Nokia 6.1, has its screen bezels trimmed and employs a modern and much more powerful Snapdragon 630 chip. The main camera benefits from a new Zeiss lens and it can now do 4K videos.
The upgrade list continues with high-quality audio recording, newer Bluetooth 5.0, and the latest Android 8.1 Oreo in its stock form as the phone is now part of the Android One program.
Nokia 6 (2018) Specs
- Body: Gorilla Glass 3 front, aluminum unibody
- Screen: 5.5-inch, 16:9, 1080p IPS LCD; Gorilla Glass 3
- Rear Camera: 16MP, f/2.0 Zeiss lens, PDAF; 2160p@30fps video recording; dual-tone LED
- Front Camera: 8MP, 1080p@30fps video recording;
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630, octa-core Cortex-A53 @ 2.2GHz, Adreno 508 GPU
- Memory: 3/4GB RAM, 32/64GB, dedicated microSD slot for up to 256GB expansion
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Battery: 3,000mAh, Turbo Charge 18W
- Connectivity: Optional Dual SIM (4G), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/BEIDOU, Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, FM radio, USB Type-C port
- Misc: Fingerprint reader on the back
A few things were left untouched since the first Nokia 6 - the storage and RAM options, the 3,000 mAh battery and the camera sensors on both front and rear snappers. But the Nokia 6 (2018) has seen enough changes already and if done right - there is no reason why the new 6 shouldn't surpass the old one in sales.
Unboxing the Nokia 6 (2018)
The Nokia 6 (2018) price might be hinting for basic bundled accessories, but that's exactly what the bundle is not. Inside the paper box, we found an 18W wall plug for fast charging, a regular USB Type-C cable, and a pair of earbuds with an integrated mic. Granted, the headset is more basic than the one the Nokia 7 Plus gets, but at least, we have all bases covered with the included stuff. Okay, perhaps without a complimentary phone case, but we are really pushing it.
Some paperwork and a SIM ejection pin complete the Nokia 6 (2018) box contents.
please do upgrade to Android One... No camera hang up at all
- 26 Sep 2019
Hi everyone on this post, I want buying a Nokia 6... So I'd like to know how many gigabytes takes the O.S Android pie from the RAM memory...'cause people say that Pie takes 2.2 of space of the RAM memory....is that true?
- 25 Jun 2019
- nokia6.1 owner
camera keeps hanging.
- 18 Feb 2019