Nokia 7 plus

Nokia 7 plus

• Pap

I really liked this phone because of the pure android experience (evenwell apps aside because they can be disabled via adb) but I had a lot of hiccups with the charging port alone. I've sent my device to Nokia's service center to get it repaired which cost alot and I had to look for a replacement android phone (which was even worse because I had to spend a lot of money for this issue). After the repairs and a long wait of 3 weeks, used it happily until it broke again after 3 months so I sent it to a local repair shop. They fixed the port but it stopped working again (money badly spent again) after a month. Now I currently main my supposed "backup" android smartphone for when I go out and use my Nokia strictly at home. I can't have a device as my daily driver knowing that it fails miserably at the most basic necessity of a smartphone, being able to charge. Its like I'm paying monthly to be able to charge jeez that is too much since not everyone eats money for breakfast.

Note: My Nokia 7 Plus still charges but damn its really hard to get the "angle" right. And no, I wont be sending it to a repair shop anymore since the money I spent for repairs could be used to buy me a reliable smartphone.

• zoran

proximity sensor does not work.
sometimes works after an update but after a few minutes it drops again, I don't think ithat's a hardware problem, but rather a system error

• Adoron

Next in Nokia 7 line up.

Nokia 7 Plus was a big hit to users when i was launched in 2018 because of the following:

1. Top mid range chipset of it's time.
2. 18:9 aspect ratio, one of the first midrangers to do it.
3. Clean androidOne UI, with 2 major OS updates, plus security updates for three years.
4. Battery is considered big back then.
5. All of these in $400 US, even less in some markets when launched.

With that said, if HMD Nokia wants to hit the right spot for midrangers AGAIN, the next iteration of the 7 line up should at least have the following:

1. Top of the line midrange chipset, 6+128GB. Stop using the previous version chipset range and say that the phone has been optimized for it. Having the best of its price hardware is still better for consumers in the long run because people prefer 'latest' over 'optimized', especially when optimizations can come later through OTA updates.

2. Punch hole, Full HD AMOLED screen, regular refresh rate with Always On Display and on screen finger print scanner; OR,
Punch hole, Full HD IPS LCD but at 90 frames per second or higher.
Why? Because mid-rangers today from other OEMs are starting to have AMOLED, on screen finger print scanner, or higher refresh rate. I know even one that has a curved display at sub $400 US.

3. AndroidOne, with 3 years of support as usual.

4. Battery of at least 4000mAh.

5. Capped at $400 USD.

There are other things, but these are the major ones that should be on top. 5G through another variant because it's still expensive so it should be optional.

I got this thinking because Google Pixel 4A is a very attractive option. Single back camera, yes, but a very good one. Even better is the price: $349US for 6+128. That's tough to beat.

• Troi

Big G, 03 Aug 2020Few thing I must share regarding the Existing Chinese smart... moreI can relate. I have a new phone with me and specs and benchmarks wise, it's better. But when I use it, I just really miss the stability of the Nokia 7 plus to say the least.

Few thing I must share regarding the Existing Chinese smartphones 1st display quality very poor,2nd sensors not calibrated most of the time they not performing well or non-functional,3rd Software not optimized they used very good hardware and cheapest but they don't use these hardware and cheapest to end level as a result poor performance.4th all Chinese manufacturers using 48 and 64 mp camera but what about the image processing all are failed to provide good software for better image processing.5th lack of Hepatic feedback motor.Mist of the user didn't recognise it's importance once you use Hepatic feedback device you always prefer god Hepatic feedback motor devices.Like iphone, Samsung Galaxy S and Note series,Google Pixel,Lg G and V series,Sony Flagship phone and One Plus device.

With Nokia 7 Plus am using this device since 02-June-2018.
From the 1st day to till date haven't got any single problem.
1st Display very very good quality LCD IPS display honestly say After using Nokia 7 Plus I don't want to see Samsung A 50s because Display quality of Nokia 7 Plus is Very close to the IPS display of iPhone,2nd Software experience very good and satisfied with the bug free software updates,2nd Camera not upto the flagship grade but better than all of the existing Chinese 64 and 48 mp cameras,3rd battery very good ,4th sensor work briliently and well calibrated.5th Hepatic feedback motor very responsive,prompt & acurate,6th Nokia 7 Plus you clearly understood the balance between the Hardware and Software. Snapdragon 660 is not the powerful chepset but but remember you will get great optimization in Nokia 7 Plus not the single other device powered by Snapdragon 660 or 665 is not optimized upto the level of Nokia 7 Plus.
Nokia 7 Plus is the very balenced Smartphone phone by HMD Global.

This is my honest review I am a simple customer not the promoter of Nokia devices.

Nicu, 01 Aug 2020Is it faster ?Yes I will work.And fix the existing problem.

• Nicu

Big G, 29 Jul 2020Have you tried Factory reset after Android 10 update.If not... moreIs it faster ?

Today I got July security update.Nokia promise to provide monthly security updates for their Android One device for there years, it's really appreciable to make their commetments alive.That's the reason behind my trust over Nokia device.

Khiro, 21 Jul 2020My Nokia 7+ screen keep freezing after I updated to android... moreHave you tried Factory reset after Android 10 update.If not then try it.

Khiro, 21 Jul 2020My Nokia 7+ screen keep freezing after I updated to android... moreI am using the Microsoft launcher on the Nokia 5.1 Plus and the screen doesn't freeze after the Android 10 update. Works smoothly with new wallpapers everyday.

• Devil2Death

Khiro, 21 Jul 2020My Nokia 7+ screen keep freezing after I updated to android... moreIts an issue with default launcher. Try using some other launcher & you will see that the issue is resolved to a large extent. (I am using Flick launcher. I face screen freeze issue once or twice a month.)

AnneJ, 02 Jul 2020I got my N7+ for about 1,5 year now and having charging iss... moreI had the same problem with my 7plus but i payed £5 for a new charger port replacement from eBay and it now works, i also bought the tool kit for another £5 which helped me alot. If you like the phone rather than spend £300 on a new phone I'd just fix it myself and i have also bought a new LCD/digitaliser for it that was £30 the screen was playing up. All works fine now.

• Khiro

My Nokia 7+ screen keep freezing after I updated to android 10 it's really bad until now hmd they didn't fix this issue

AnneJ, 02 Jul 2020I got my N7+ for about 1,5 year now and having charging iss... moreSame issues here i just bend the cable bellow the phone and works also the battery keep like forever at FB YouTube browsing 9gag only if i play Gwent goes out of battery in few hours. I must try to clean with something that another user mentioned i really love this model just hate the dumb port charger stay loose.

• Jubel

Sajith k s, 15 Jul 2020Please don't get Nokia 7 plus this mobile is really ..... moreOn the contrary, I don't experience that. I am only scare of updating to android 10, because of the reviews I rest concerning the update.

• Sajith k s

Please don't get Nokia 7 plus this mobile is really ....... Network problems.range problem . First time am using this type idiotic mobile please don't get this that's my suggestion

• Carol

AnneJ, 02 Jul 2020I got my N7+ for about 1,5 year now and having charging iss... moreClean the plugs with isoprophyl alcohol. Rub it good enough to be sure, everything is clean, dry it then clean the charger too. If nothing changes and you really want a new device and not Nokia, then avoid everything china brand. Go for google pixel 3a, here will be only google to fight off your device. Their would also be Motorola, but they were bought by TLC, so i would not actually trust them.

Big G, 02 Jul 2020https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/de... moreI would really appreciate if anyone could post the hardware information of sensors, camera etc. along with the name of the vendor. Much thanks. Waiting in anticipation. Cheers!

• Troi

AnneJ, 02 Jul 2020I got my N7+ for about 1,5 year now and having charging iss... moreXiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
Amoled curced display, newly released midrange, around your price list. Decent software updates as per experience with another Xiaomi phone.

Try this Gcam mode in Nokia 7 Plus.Working perfect