Nokia 8.1 (Nokia X7)

Nokia 8.1 (Nokia X7)

• Piyu

So, here is my piece of cake.
I am using this device since 15 days now. Its really has awesome in hand feeling, looks premium. Its battery also good but not very impressive. phone keeps on hanging and not responding too often which I think a software issue. The default camera is not up to the mark so please use gcam for best results. And never do night photography on this device, you will die of dissatisfaction. The charging time is really very poor.
Sound output is nice and can feel heating issue in low signals. Found heating issue specially in using camera and doing some processing work. heating is more than expected.
Stock android is not providing many useful things so we need third party applications for many tasks.

Ask anything if you want to know.

And yes... this device is available on amazon at Rs 10500 (refurbished) you must buy this as this prize is really really good for this phone.

• Z

Samir, 10 Feb 2020My Nokia 8 phone had some issues in screen and in phone call mic... moreDecent deal I say.. as there aren't many good devices of Nokia but 8.1 is good.. don't gofor 7.2 or any other device just nokia 8.1

• Samir

My Nokia 8 phone had some issues in screen and in phone call mic, I am in guarantee period, The agency suggest replace it by noika 8.1 because no spare parts for my Nokia 8!
Is it good deal or not??
Can you help me?

• Samir

Is it good deal or not??
Can you help me?

• User

Z, 09 Feb 2020There's few bugs.. Stay with pie untill they release new buildThanku

• Z

User, 09 Feb 2020Whether can I update to android Q r stay with android pie? Any d... moreThere's few bugs.. Stay with pie untill they release new build

• mamalkamal

Da sick, 16 Jan 2020Is nokia 8.1 worth buy in 2020 or notnot worth

• User

Whether can I update to android Q r stay with android pie? Any drawbacks after update?

Anonymous, 03 Feb 2020Is it worth buying in 2020? I don't have a budget for 8.2 and do... moreOf course it depends what you need, but I'd say yes for sure. I use the 8.1 for a couple of months now without issues. Android One so always up to date and a clean user interface. No hardware or software issues as of yet. Performance is excellent for every day use; the 8.1 will run Fortnite for instance where our 7.1 cannot. Only complaint I have is the finger print sensor on the back; both the 7.1 and 8 Sirocco I used before always unlocked immediately, but the 8.1 often struggles. This is annoying as ever more apps use a finger print to identify the user.

• Z

Anonymous, 03 Feb 2020Is it worth buying in 2020? I don't have a budget for 8.2 and do... moreIts 2020 already and we are witnessing new phones getting launched each week.. Now nokia 8.1 was launched in the end of 2018.. Priced bit high but was a great deal.. Now the qiestion is is it still worth?.. First know your preference.. what you want in your device? Better photography, good battery life? A casual gamer or great daily driver?.. Now its been more than 1 year since its launched.. letme divide my comment it few points which are good and bad about the device.. I'll help you better to decide whether to gofor it or not...
1. Nokia 8.1 is an android one device which means you get 2 years of update and 3 years of security patches.. It already got Android 10 and will be expected to get android 11 at around starting of 2021.. Android one also means clean srock UI with no bloatwares and without any useless extra apps.. Its just clean..
2. The design when it was launched was best in its class.. It has glass back with aluminium frame and feels very sturdy.. however the notch feels outdatted...
3. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 710 based on 10nm which was pretty solid chipset when it was launched and still is as daily operations with some casual gaming is well handled.. however if talking about current market we can just get phones with better chipsets in midrange..
4. Nokia 8.1 has very basic camera sensor.. 12 MP main Zeiss optics camera with 13MP depth sensor.. The photography in daylight is very great.. it produces well natural colours and doesn't rely on any gimmick.. However if we talking about the current competition it lacks wide angle camera and micro camera...
5. The display supports HDR 10 which Nokia calles pureview display and is an LCD.. now despite being a LCD screen the display is very rich and best in its class..
6. The battery nokia 8.1 has is 3500 MaH and supports fast charging.. With moderate usage you get 1 and half days of battery life with one sim in phone and the phones get charged in around 1:45 hr..
7. The phone supports 2 sim or 1 sim and one micro SD card.. as it has a hybrid sim slot... So you better have to keep backup if you gonna use 2 sim at once..
The conclusion : The Device is one of the best android one device available right now surpassing recently launched Nokia 7.2 and 6.2.. If you really are a fan of Android one gofor it.. and if you want better features, camera etc. As we've seen new technologies in market then I would recommend you do some research and find a phone which fits your preference.. If you decide to buy Nokia 8.1 this phone will not let you down as I'm using it for 1 year now and pretty satisfied..

• Aivars

Are You sure, that model T-1119 supports band6, not band7? Thank You.

Is it worth buying in 2020? I don't have a budget for 8.2 and don't want to buy Chinese phones.
Does the phone face any constant issues, like the charging problems in 6.1+, etc..?

I own a nokia 8.1, but just a week ago got galaxy s9. When you compare both, the camera quality of nokia 8.1 is much better with less noise, especially in low light videos.

• Z

Anonymous, 20 Jan 20201. After updating the device- android 10 in my nokia 8.1, mobile... moreRoll back to Android pie.. take it to nokia care and they'll help

Anonymous, 20 Jan 20201. After updating the device- android 10 in my nokia 8.1, mobile... moreI have nokia 7.2 and I did the same that is updating to android 9 and I also faced same to same issues as mentioned by you. Then the day after, I took it to nokia care and they did the software update and that was able to resolve almost all handset problems. Try the same it may help and it's free of cost if it is under warranty.

• Ronn

Not a plastic frame but an aluminum one.. it is metal duhhh

• Rokon

Best phone 10/10 (price range)
But 10 day ago i lost my phone

1. After updating the device- android 10 in my nokia 8.1, mobile data turns on automatically whenever restart the phone. Please fix that bug.

2. Dial pad is lagging when pressing numbers fastly. Dial pad opening animation also not smooth.

3. battery drains very fast

4. After restarting phone, it took more time to load UI comparing to Pie. UI become laggy and switching apps also lags

i did hard reset too but problem did not solved. Please send a bug fix.. please please please... After the update the phone is full of bugs.

Da sick, 16 Jan 2020Is nokia 8.1 worth buy in 2020 or notIt is. Pure stock android. Time to time updates. Supreme build quality. Excellent camera with OIS in this price range. HDR 10 display.
There's no any android phone in this price range can stand against it.