Nokia 8 Sirocco

Nokia 8 Sirocco

RishiGuru, 07 May 2020I own both Nokia 7 Plus & Nokia 6.1. Pretty happy with ... moresirocco selfie @ 5mp compared to Nokia 8 with 13mp selfie
Pls which is the most prettier/glowing selfie among these two phones

• Commegetsome

raiden78, 26 Feb 2019Best phone experience ever for me, and i own a lot of phone... moreDefinitely

Anonymous, 05 May 2020 1) Upgrade your Google Camera OR re-install it. 2) Agree... moreI own both Nokia 7 Plus & Nokia 6.1. Pretty happy with them so far. After Android 10 update both phones have improved a lot in performance and overall feel of the software. As you may be knowing almost all models from Nokia's 2018 lineup has been plagued with USB port issue where internal connectors in USB loosens after some time and replacement of that part inside the phone becomes necessary.

I have still not faced the issue on both my Nokia's, as I take extreme care in connecting the USB for charging, etc ... keep the charging cable and phone in a flat surface so that their is no tension/ load on the phone's USB port.

Which brings me back to the point.. as Nokia 8 Sirocco does not have a dedicated 3.5mm audio jack, it just means using the USB port more and more. Do you face any USB port related issue of Sirocco and do you listen of use wired headphones with the phone on a regular basis using the audio dongle? If so how is the audio quality?

• WindomEarle

Anonymous, 05 May 2020 1) Upgrade your Google Camera OR re-install it. 2) Agree... moreFixed the bluetooth issue, thanks to this

The rest is still waiting for a solution. WiFi seems to be the most pressing issue in the community (and GCam not working, but this is not Nokia's problem). I lost so much WiFi range, it's almost unusable.

WindomEarle, 04 May 2020It was a great phone. A10 ruined it. Now I have - no GCa... more
1) Upgrade your Google Camera OR re-install it.
2) Agree the screen blackens after fingerprint sensor, but once in a while. Surely Nokia will fix this bug.
3) WiFi is working fine.
4) Bluetooth works fine, it could be a specific issue with your car gadget.
5) Didn't notice any Fake whatsapp notifications.

However, as I had mentioned earlier, the Facial Recognition feature is no longer available.

• WindomEarle

It was a great phone. A10 ruined it. Now I have

- no GCam
- WiFi only working when standing next to router
- no bluetooth connectivity in my car
- fingerprint sensor stopping phone from working (black screen)
- "fake" whatsapp notifications
...

After update to Android 10 Wifi is nog Stable anymore.

Can't find a solution.factory reset did not work.

• disappear

Someone share it if bootloader can unlocked under developer settings android 10

• Surendran Krishnan

Why Nokia 8 Sirocco Scrapped by HMD Global

With the Android 10 update, the Face Recognition feature option in the "Security >> Smart Lock" is no longer available.

Would love to have it back.

Anonymous, 20 Apr 2020 Also the ions ( < , oo) in the lower task bar are very... more
Problem Resolved.

Go to Settings >> Systems >> Gestures >> System Navigation & select 3-button Navigation.

Anonymous, 18 Apr 2020You are correct. I am also using Nova Launcher but gesture ... more
Also the ions ( < , oo) in the lower task bar are very dim, almost invisible. The App switch icon is missing.

Anonymous, 18 Apr 2020 Hi, Just got my Android-10 update in Mumbai, India. ... moreYou are correct. I am also using Nova Launcher but gesture navigations of Android 10 are only compatible with default home screen & not with other launchers

Hi,

Just got my Android-10 update in Mumbai, India.

It is not automatic, one has to go to Settings>>> Systems>>>System Update & start the download.

I am using NOVA LAUNCHER & TESLA UNREAD. These applications are not yet fully Android-10 complaint.

• Cozmo

First thing I noticed after the update to android 10 that I couldn't download GIFs from some apps like the chives.
I used to be able to press on the GIFs and it would just get downloaded instantly.
But now after the update once I press on the GIFs it would say download failed.
Did any one faces that issue?
And does any one knows how can it be solved?
Thanks

• Cozmo

I have just received android 10 update and security patch for April!
Way to go 8 sirocco!
Saudi Arabia.

• disappear

Android 10,it's true?

Finally received Android 10. Update is getting downloaded & will share my experience with it once i use it.

• marle

it was 1 year my nokia 8 siracco it was terrific but i wanted to buy a earphone but nothing working so suggest me a earphone that suits it

Kfte, 31 Mar 2020I bought this phone for about six months ago. I didn't find... moreMe too. Its an year & 5 months & still rocking like champ. Its got awesome looks, ample amount of storage, battery lasts for a day with moderately heavy usage, camera is good too & no complaints about performance, its buttery smooth like on the first day. Still loving it...