Nokia C5-03 review: Green cadet
When touchscreen became affordable its popularity skyrocketed – affordable smartphones are all the rage now. The Nokia C5-03 is the result of both these trends and while it borrows a lot from the C6-01 in terms of design, its pricing is a good deal lower.
Designed for a lower price bracket than its Symbian^3 lookalike, the Nokia C5-03 has some of its specs taken down a notch.
The Nokia C5-03 is a grandson of the best-selling Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and though it might be the last hurrah for Symbian^1 (or Symbian S60 as old-timers call it) it tries to deliver the same level of satisfaction on the bang for buck meter.
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- Tri-band 3G with 10.2 Mbps HSDPA and 2 Mbps HSUPA support
- 3.2" 16M-color TFT LCD resistive touchscreen of 640 x 360 pixel resolution
- 5 megapixel fixed-focus camera and VGA video @ 15fps recording; geotagging
- Symbian S60 OS
- 600 MHz ARM 11 CPU and 128 MB RAM
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g; UPnP
- GPS receiver with A-GPS support and free lifetime voice-guided navigation; free city guides and traffic information
- Digital compass
- 40MB on-board storage, microSD expandable up to 16GB; 2GB card included
- Built-in accelerometer
- Standard 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- microUSB port (charging)
- Flash and Java support in the web browser
- Stereo Bluetooth 2.0
- Very good audio quality
- Voice commands
- Symbian S60 hasn’t aged well
- Relatively limited 3rd party software availability
- Screen has poor viewing angles and behaves badly in the sun
- The camera is a fixed-focus unit with no flash, shutter key or lens protection
- No office document editing (without a paid upgrade); No PDF viewer
- No proximity and ambient light sensors
- No DivX or XviD video support out of the box
- No video-call camera
- No smart dialing
The C5-03 is a very eco-friendly gadget – 80% of the phone body is recyclable, while half of the packaging comes from recycled material (and all of it is recyclable in turn).
It’s a low-price phone with some high-speed connectivity with 10.2Mbps HSDPA and 2Mbps HSUPA. The C5-03 also packs the fastest CPU available on a Nokia S60 device – at 600MHz the old but efficient Symbian just flies.
The free voice-guided navigation is the single biggest advantage of Symbian-powered Nokias, one that is still unmatched by any other brand or platform. The Nokia C5-03 is a trusty SatNav unit, which will work anywhere in the world and free of charge – you can download all the maps you need (won’t cost you a thing) and Ovi Maps don’t need a data connection to work.
Navigate to the next page for a tour of the Nokia C5-03 hardware – but first, we make a stop at the retail box and the 360-degree showroom.
Is it suport whats app
- 25 Oct 2018
hi,my nokiac5-03 dont work good.just send and call public,in web working like a shet.im good in making new machine ofcource just mecanicall,good with the anything with wood and perfect in bilt with the simpel tooles and damages mashin meny kind of we...
- 30 Jul 2017
nokia c5-03 wifi connected or not
- 12 Jul 2016