Nokia Lumia 630

Nokia Lumia 630

• venom0706

I just transferred some .mp3 songs on my Lumia 630 (running on Win 8).

However, when I tried to open them immediately after receiving them, the phone says "the file can't be opened".

I went to search for them in both the Phone and SD Card folders (so I can delete them), but they are nowhere to be found. I installed the Files app - still nothing. I checked in the Music app - nothing.

I lastly plugged the phone to my laptop to manually find them - they don't appear anywhere!

I am really desperate - can you possibly help? Where are these files?!

Thanks and much appreciated!

After 4-5 years I am going to purchace a Redmi 6.

What I will miss:
-the comfortable 4.5" screen
-builtin apps without any advertisments (indeed)
-strong design against drop/fall down
-stable OS, no freeze, no restart
-my everyday full tastelessness of my phone (really I did not care that I dont have screen protector or case, I did not care if the phone accidentaly fall down, its backplate if fully scratched now)
-compact size in my packet

What I wont miss:
-poor application development, only few apps are available
-no messenger, no facebook app, no tinder app, totally buggy browser app, random app closes in 99% of apps, poorly functional gmail app, no flash, weak camera in dark environment. I also wont miss the suffering frustrating mind killer web browsing capability when trying to buy any tickets online. Wifi sometimes cannot connect to other access points when changing location (eg: from workplace AP then to home AP.)
-lack of compass

Its hard to express what I feel, but I am going to introduce a hammer to this lumia.

Had this phone for nearly 5 years, looking for a new one now but i'm going to miss this one. Survived many falls and fell in water once and came out fine.
Also the perfect size - can't find any new phones at this size (4.5")

Very good phone. I have been using one for 3+ years without any issue. No lagging or slow down observed. Had dropped several times too. Good battery life (still using the original battery). It's a shame Microsoft ended their highly potent mobile platform for whatever reason.

• DazTattoo

Yeah TOTALLY gutted M/S have given up on windows phone !!! They have trillions (Xbox / PC's). Im a Computer Technician..... Windows Phone is just perfect / Simplistic but very very functional and swift.

• P.P

Awesome phone ever seen i m using since 4.6 yrs nothing has happened to the phone even though dropped multiple times the phone is still working fine

• Paul

Have used my Nokia Lumia 630 since 2014. Still works fine. My 2.5 year old boy has dropped it countless times; I just put it together and it works. He has even learnt to put it together after dropping it. I share with him because there is a kids colour learning video on it. VERY GOOD PHONE. I wonder if the new Nokia phones with Android are also good.

Nokia_guy, 22 Nov 2018I feel you. But this phone is like 5 years old. We need new man!!I know it has reached end of it's life. But Nokia or Microsoft or both of them could have revivied or reboot the phone and os.
Absolutely simple and smooth working.

• Nokia_guy

Vic4BBM, 26 Jul 2018After using it for 3 years, I am now giving up the use of this h... moreI feel you. But this phone is like 5 years old. We need new man!!

dhanushka, 18 Oct 2018can i upgrade the RAM 512MB memory to 1GB for this phone? if so ... moreYou can't.

• dhanushka

can i upgrade the RAM 512MB memory to 1GB for this phone? if so what is the process ?

After using it for 3 years, I am now giving up the use of this handset. I am saddened that I have to give up such good device, just coz that apps support and number is fast going down. And due to lack of front cam I have to switch over to Android.
It's working totally fine though.

Will miss you 630.

Hopefully Microsoft reboots this device with new capable hardware and front cam. And yes possibly windows on too.

W@NTED, 25 Jun 2018very very good phone but windwos 10 not update please help me an... moreIf you are on build 10586, DHTUpgradeAdvisor for 512MB RAM devices will edit your registry values to MicrosoftMDG Lumia 950 XL, than you'll be able to upgrade. You'll need to install Redstone 2, than Redstone 3 afterwards. Conclusion: Everything is up to date and apps will perform slightly better. On the other side, battery will exhaust for a significantly shorter time.

• W@NTED

very very good phone but windwos 10 not update please help me any one how to update

• Iju

Metyculaz, 13 May 2018I will always miss you Lumia 630. The best phone I ever owned. W... moreI'm using this phone more than three years,its very good phone,but Microsoft did not support app in this phone

• mahe

Vic4BBM, 27 May 2018How is it possible that you are using it for more than 5 years? ... moreBro m also using 630 since launch and still in love wid (years are just d numbers) have anyone used a single android more den two years

Pooncho, 22 May 2018Oh where do i begin about my love. What we had was real, i mean ... moreHow is it possible that you are using it for more than 5 years? This phone was launched in 2014 and it's just 4 years since it's launch.

• Pooncho

Oh where do i begin about my love. What we had was real, i mean you took such good care of me for over 5 years. But well you ended up being left behind in the bunch of smartness and so i had to move along. Sincerely yours heat broken.

I will always miss you Lumia 630. The best phone I ever owned. We were together for three and half years. I had to divorce you because Microsoft decided to leave you and there were no apps for you anymore. I had to go to android. I miss your fluidity and responsiveness.

Vic4BBM, 04 May 2018I am using this handset since 2014 and till date have had no pro... moreI mean - Revive windows OS phones