Nokia N79

Nokia N79

hammudy, 05 Nov 2008yeah thats the same amount ( converted ) its sold here at...also... morewhat is back light bug?

• Danny Dondolia

Is it a must that u have to be online to play n-gage games? I dont know how to access a game and play it on my n79

• Stefanus

Can someone please tell me how is the loudspeakers in terms of loudness and quality when playing music? Please someone tell me, because i want to buy it. Thanks.

• 123abc

hey the canvas white N79 doesn't have the white backcovers in the package..
so i was wondering...will it be possible to purchase the back cover seperately from nokia...in the future I mean...

• Unknown Identifier

I was expecting a minimum amount of 128mb ram.But it disappointed me.I think I'm not going for this.5320XM will be my next target i guess.

• Julie

hammudy, 05 Nov 2008hey all, i just noticed this...when ever i lock the keypad of th... moreSame happens to mine. The date should be shown on mine but just goes black, im sure a software update in the future will sort this out, i hope.

Thanks for the review in English, it does not sound like the camera is that great. Lots of noise and blurry pictures. I am looking for something where I can make some pretty good prints up to 8 x 10. Back to the N82 or one of the 8 megapixel giants. I just wish for one in candy bar form. Dislike the slide.

It also looks like this phone is pretty ugly, kinda like the N82 with it weird spacing under the screen.

• fluker.

hmmms.
is the N79 going to be cheaper then the N82?
if it is im buying this phone.
but which phone would be best?
N79 or N82??

• hammudy

Dubai, 05 Nov 2008In Dubai this mobile price is DHS1850/- Made in Chinayeah thats the same amount ( converted ) its sold here at...also its chinesse made. wonder how much will the finland made cost and will it have the backlight bug

• Dubai

In Dubai this mobile price is DHS1850/- Made in China

• hammudy

saaim, 05 Nov 2008i need to know its RAM, the Ram built-in the n79internal memory is 83 mb, but offers just over 52 mb
and the ram is 50 mb

• hammudy

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970i bought it for 135 kuwaiti dinars ( u can do the currency conversion on xe.com )
n95 ( non 8gb)
heavier, bigger, slide ( freaks me to use it on the beach and/or dropping it, more internat mem, no camera protection & most importantly no xpress covers. So N79 wins hands down for me :)

• saaim

i need to know its RAM, the Ram built-in the n79

• hammudy

hey all, i just noticed this...when ever i lock the keypad of the phone...it turns off the backlight completly, disabling ( screen goes black as in no light at all )the screensaver { be it time, date or picture shows } does it happen to anyone else...or is my phone having this bug???

Anonymous, 04 Nov 2008I have been trying to find a descent review of this phones camer... morehttp://mobilearsenal.com/review/nokia_n79_knowle­dge_is_almost_changeable/introduction.html

• fcath

hammudy, 04 Nov 2008hi, i bought it yesterday... 1-i compared it to my old cell (66... moreThanks! Now I just need the money and I'll be able to buy this... :)

• Zzzz

Long review here, but in russian...

Usually they make the translation fast, but still waiting for it. Or use Google to (badly) translate

• hammudy

fcath, 04 Nov 2008For those who already have this phone: 1. How loud are the sp... morehi, i bought it yesterday...
1-i compared it to my old cell (6630) and its louder than it and also you can enable the stereo and 3d sound effects
2-the fm trans. as in the manual says 10 feet or/and 3 meters as max. after trying it, i find it so powerful, but gets the job done.
hope it answers ur question

I have been trying to find a descent review of this phones camera relative to the N82. Anybody know any reviews. Links would be appreciated.

• fcath

For those who already have this phone:

1. How loud are the speakers at max volume? Is it louder than the 6233?

2. How powerful is the FM transmitter? Can it transmit at around 3 meters with minimum interference?