Nokia N79

Nokia N79

• Ayuko

Is it can use for edit office document such as word or excel? Anyone knows?

• Dppz

To everyone who claims to have the phone, please mention your country so that everybody else can know which country the phone is out.

• Julie

martin_g, 22 Oct 2008I got my Nokia N79 3 days ago, I am having awful trouble with th... moreOnly had 12 hrs but notso far

martin_g, 22 Oct 2008I got my Nokia N79 3 days ago, I am having awful trouble with th... moreMaybe you could try turning off the naviwheel function of the Dpad ?

• martin_g

I got my Nokia N79 3 days ago, I am having awful trouble with the Dpad I select something on the menu i.e messages and push the centre button (open button) the selection that is highlighted moves from messages to contacts and doesnt open, has any one else had a problem with there dpad?

• julie

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2008Congratulations julie! Im happy for you. Thanks for the camera q... moreWill have a play with it 2nite & giv a review on it tomorrow, can;t giv battery yet to soon to say.

• julie

aussie, 22 Oct 2008congr. is it easy to sms ? i mean how is the keypad? which color... moreVery easy to text, no probs with catching other keys.
If you go for the grey it comes with brown, coral & white back covers in the box.
If you go for white it comes with brown, green & i think blue ( not sure on the blue) as standard.

• julie

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Any clues were to look for this? I will if you tell me how?

hey julie
can u tell me how much is the Ran and The processor

Julie, 22 Oct 2008Got it today at 11am. Got my 4gb memory card in it from my 6220c... moreCongratulations julie! Im happy for you. Thanks for the camera quality update. Just give a comprehensive review of your phone and compare it with your 6220c (things like music quality, battery life, xenon vs dual led, keypad+naviwheel, fm transmitter). Thanks. Once again, congrats.

• aussie

Julie, 22 Oct 2008Got it today at 11am. Got my 4gb memory card in it from my 6220c... morecongr. is it easy to sms ? i mean how is the keypad? which colors of back covers did u get? and can we order wat colors of back cover we want? thanks

• michael

Julie, 22 Oct 2008Got it today at 11am. Got my 4gb memory card in it from my 6220c... morehey congrats! do give us a review of this phone

• Julie

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2008When you get it, let us know if the picture quality is the same ... moreGot it today at 11am. Got my 4gb memory card in it from my 6220c & its working very fast. Picture quality is great, as good as the 6220c. Got the coral back case on & im loving it. Will be back later once i have had a chance to play with it a bit more. Any questions i will try to answer for any1

• Zzzz

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2008Because n79 has naviwheel, better speakers, fm transmitter, bett... moreYou forgot to add that N82 has a TV out cable in the box, that it also has dual processors with graphic accelerator, and that video recording seems better. But whatever, i did not buy N82 because it was too big and so i will buy N79 for sure !

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2008Why would anyone choose N79 over N82? N82 has everything N79 has... moreBecause n79 has naviwheel, better speakers, fm transmitter, betterkeypad, slightly better battery, brighter screen, 24 hours of music playback, comes with 4gb card as opposed to n82's 2gb, lighter and slimmer, xpress-on covers, symbian fp2, dual led flash for video recording, etc.
However, n82 is cheaper and has xenon flash.

Why would anyone choose N79 over N82? N82 has everything N79 has, plus a xenon flash.

• Bharani

VIsh, 21 Oct 2008Nope, N85--27,500 Rs N79--22,500 Rshttp://www.wavetelmobiles.com/home.php?mod=NOKIA­­

check here.

I guess it has support for HSCSD:

From http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N79

Network Data Support:
HSDPA / WCDMA / EGPRS / GPRS / HSCSD / CSD
Dual Transfer Mode (MSC 11)

the specifications page of n79 in gsmarena is not correct. n79 has no hscsd.

julie, 21 Oct 2008There not letting me say what i want on here, keep saying its go... moreWhen you get it, let us know if the picture quality is the same as your 6220c. Thanx.