Nokia N79

Nokia N79

• Aussie

Anonymous, 19 Sep 2008Cool phonehey Anonymous, just wondering which fone r u gonna buy ? and why ?

• madlang pipol

all phone of nokia does not "dust free"...plz improve your product!!!and produce new phone like samsung phone, samsung phones has dust free!!...and like n73 very loud speakers but the n73 is too lag....i have n73 and i use almost 5 months..very too lag!!

Cool phone

This phone Is too Ugly
Ugly betty is more beutyfull than this mobile
ogh

Michael, 19 Sep 2008This phone looks like an ugly N82. Why did Nokia even make this ... moreThe n79 has an fm transmitter, keypad lock, better keypad, better battery life, brighter screen, lighter and thinner, symbian fp2, navi-wheel (which looks better than n81, n78, n96) and changeable back covers.
The n82 might have a xenon flash, but it cant be used for videos. The n79 has a strong dual led flash which can be used for both photos and videos.
N82 is a marvelous phone, but so is the n79. They just have different strengths and weaknesses.

• RBa

Hey guys, I have just visited the Nokia official website and I saw that this phone has a SAR value of 1.40 w/kg for the Nokia N79 (Type RM-348). Yes I know that this value is still acceptable and still passed the ICNIRP guidelines. Well I've got to admit that I too like this phone because I own a N82 right now and the N82's red-colored autofocus assist light is really painful to the eyes! And then afterwards the powerful Xenon Flash will strike my eyes which doubles the pain!! And as a result, me and my friends are already afraid to take self-portrait photos. And besides, there is no way to use the Xenon Flash as a video light. Anyway back to the N79... I'm worried about the fact that its SAR value is the highest that I have seen so far for a NSeries device. Anyone who can enlighten me about this? I totally have no idea about it. Please..

• Mitko

Michael, 19 Sep 2008This phone looks like an ugly N82. Why did Nokia even make this ... moreMichael, N79 is smaller,lighter, has Feature Pack 2, much better battery, RDS, the keyboard is better also...

• Michael

This phone looks like an ugly N82. Why did Nokia even make this model? It doesn't seem to have anything that N82 doesn't already have since almost a year now. When a new phone comes out that looks like an older one the least you can expect is that it's BETTER! I am very happy with my N82. Excellent phone!

• Fuzion

D, 18 Sep 2008Really? Did he mention about the audio quality?audio is similar to the N82, that's according to him and he said that he could be wrong co'z he's in a different department. A co-worker, who works as a QC, lent it to him for a few minutes to check it out. But for us, it will be of mixed views when we get our hands on it.

• Aussie

Anonymous, 18 Sep 2008@Aussie: Yep, it does work well although I wouldn't use it for a... moreAnonymous sorry i just read it today :) i thnk u sent yesterday. thanks for that. i am thinking to use that on msn webcam. if u r online now im here send msg now so we start talking. u r the only one who knows how good nokia is. others they donno anything they just think about the functions but not the quality functions. specially the user KAL

Aussie, 17 Sep 2008Has anyone used webcam with one of these late fones front camera... more@Aussie: Yep, it does work well although I wouldn't use it for a HD broadcast of my face, IYKWIM.

Nokia reps, if you're reading this - for the love of God, PLEAAAAAASSSEEEEE make one in jet black. Otherwise, I'll head over to the N85 camp.

• D

Fuzion, 18 Sep 2008I knew someone from Nokia Finland. He had first hand experience... moreReally? Did he mention about the audio quality?

• Fuzion

Toon, 18 Sep 2008Thank you, so the keypad is very comfortable, like the 6233 got ... moreI knew someone from Nokia Finland. He had first hand experience with the N79 before they will ship it out to the market.

• Toon

Fuzion, 17 Sep 2008According to other sources, the keypad's tactile feel is similar... moreThank you, so the keypad is very comfortable, like the 6233 got hat rematk 2 years ago, and probably better than 6233 Classic so a reaso to wait a month longer and buy N 79 instead of 6230 Classic?
By the way how do you or others get this info if the phone is nowhere for sale ?

• Aussie

Has anyone used webcam with one of these late fones front camera ? can anyone advise pls. does it work well ?

• D

rehman, 17 Sep 2008Please clarify me which has best sound quality in head phone and... moreHowever, if u are attracted to the n79 or n82, you could opt for a nokia bluetooth headset like the BH-503. For music, this particular headset is one of the best when it comes to music and it definitely delivers on bass. However, i dont know how it fares against a phone like n81 or n91, but im sure its performance is close.
The n79 can deliver 24 hours of music. So, with a combination of these two will result in good quality music for long hours.

• Explore

How can I play games on TV by TV out with the Nokia N79.please....Tell me

n79 has the arm 11 369mhz processor. its sound quality is the same as n78, better than n82, slightly worse than n85. n96 has better sound quality than n85. but n81 has the best sound quality among all these phones. that's all according to some mobile review sites.

• d

rehman, 17 Sep 2008Please clarify me which has best sound quality in head phone and... moreN85 has the best audio quality of the lot. It is comparable to n81 and n96. The n82 is slightly worse. It sounds like the n95 8gb. There is still some debate about the n79 audio quality. Some say that is sounds like the n82, other say that it sounds like the 6210 navigator (which sounds like the 5310xm). I suggest you wait for the review.

• inzaghi

Hi, please which colour ofm backlight will have the keyboard?