Nokia N79

Pls suggest me n79 or e52 or c5. Plz help

• n79 people

no word 2 say, just well done nokia

• joy

I've been using this phone for past 9 months and I'm reasonably satisfied with it's performance. Its a feature rich phone priced reasonably. Its voice clarity is very good as any nokia phone, stereo speakers, though crystal clear, lack loud volume (nowadays many cheap phones speakers are much louder). Multimedia capabilities are above average. primary camera is exceptionally good, secondary camera though very clear, so far i've not tried out for vdo calls. Real player is factory installed, does not play all vdo formats, gps is very accurate & comes handy if you r frequent traveller (though voice guided navigation is free only for initial 3 months, i hope nokia makes it free for lifetime like many other n series phones) by and large a good value for money phone.

• fufu

outdated phone .....

• MAX

Sel, 10 Sep 2010whether we can put 8gb card in n79...or it will get slower?..fri... morei am using 8gb card in my nokia n79 and its not getting any slower! its still the normal speed!

Best phone ever used. Good sound, camera, display etc. It is better those touchscreens. Weldone nokia.

• Super NOKIA User

I've been using this phone for nearly a year. Its one of those complete phone with the exception of touchscreen and better camera but 5MP is good enough. It looks good especially the black colour. Many applications are supported and video & audio recordings are SUPERB!

• Rajkarthik

Rajiv, 17 Sep 2010Its a wolf in sheep's clothing. A very wonderful phone. You can ... moreThis is a good product from Nokia.The features are good.You can buy.

• irish

kashif, 15 Sep 2010is this a good cell. can i buy this .. plx tell me guyx ??????????????yes this is a very good phone i have this since january until now i have not experience any defect at all... battery life is very good too....

• Rajiv

Its a wolf in sheep's clothing. A very wonderful phone. You can buy it if you are not interested in those crapy touch screens. I bet you will never get disappointed.

• nikki

kashif, 15 Sep 2010is this a good cell. can i buy this .. plx tell me guyx ??????????????where can i download mobile explorer ?

• kashif

is this a good cell. can i buy this .. plx tell me guyx ??????????????

• Sheraz

Memory full problem .. i have faced this problm in my N73 .. u hav to do iz tht .. install mobile explorer go to drive 'C' .. delete the file named "cache" ;)

• AJ

ankit, 07 Sep 2010hi nikola u have been using this phone ever since b4 i owned it ... moreHi, I use N79 Maps for travelling in USA. I believe Nokia is better than other entry level GPS systems. If you paid (around 14$/year) for the Nokia A-GPS service you will get faster GPS fix. Nokia maps gets faster GPS fix than a GPS unit even when the car is moving at high speed.

Regarding data usage:

I have downloaded the maps of the state that i needed to the Phone. So the phone uses GPRS/3G only for the GPS fix that may consume only 10-15 KB !. Rest the navigation will happen via the pre loaded maps.

I use online mode only for finding a business place as it is updated frequently.

I use FM transmitter for playing songs in my car along with GPS. My favorite Nav voice is surfer dude..

• ALI

Rahees, 04 Sep 2010Hi guyz my phone memory is almost full but i am not able to dele... moremy friend as ur having the memory full problem plz check the message inbox of ur phone an if u found any of media files such as image or music or video plz save it to ur memorycard an delete those file 4m ur inbox an see the memory status i hope so ur problem will be solved

• Sel

whether we can put 8gb card in n79...or it will get slower?..friends please answer me...

• Nikola

A-GPS (Assisted GPS) is a technology that connects information from the GPS network, with information from the mobile telephone network. That may be precisely positioned in the conditions in which GPS can not give enough accurate results (in the car on the move inside the building, in the narrow streets, dense forests, etc.). But I've never used and do not know how much Internet use.
For now, the integrated GPS receiver is accurate enough and has so far not had any problems.
I use the Garmin software and their maps.
No problem led me to the desired destination, even in smaller towns.

• MBP

Rahees, 04 Sep 2010Hi guyz my phone memory is almost full but i am not able to dele... moreDid you try moving your messages to sd-card? Also: A 16GB sansdisk card works fine for me.

• Mr testing

N79 ram 120.5 mb

• ankit

Nikola, 06 Sep 2010I use this phone a year and a half ago and so far I have no prob... morehi nikola u have been using this phone ever since b4 i owned it i wanna know how do u use GPS in this phone. knowledgge i have got is that its A-GPS not normal GPS can u help me in this if requires GPRS i mean internet then wat should b the average download of MB's