Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Wheez

Anonymous, 28 Oct 2010Hey guys for those who have the n8 plz let e know if the tv out... moreTV-out works via the 3,5mm plug.

• Wheez

Dwane, 28 Oct 2010@wheez Glad you're back people have been acusing me of being ju... moreDidnt watch the videos of yours before I posted my previous comment, but now I did.

Just to add, yeah, that is far from normal and I've encountered nothing of the like. The one crash I mentioned I've had was a reset. I was using the OVI store that is abit clunky itself, was trying to multitask something, NFS:Shift I think cos I was trying to film the video back then, it jammed for like 10s and then it reset itself. But apart from that, NOTHING like what you've been experiencing.

Definitely a faulty copy.

• Wheez

Dwane, 28 Oct 2010@wheez Glad you're back people have been acusing me of being ju... moreI'd guess you might've had a faulty one. I've only had it reset like once during this time I've had mine. No slowness of the kind you reported.

As for being on par, well, you've been here long enough to know what I think, it's not the prettiest or fastest, but the features pretty much go unrivaled. Overall the balance in this device (at least in the ones that arnt faulty :D) is very, very good. I still would not even consider trading my N8 for any other phone out there. And that's said without any Nokia love on the background.

3 words behind while typing certainly is very very slow and is not normal for the device. Hard to say what was wrong with it, but I'd still guess for a faulty phone.

I would definitely return mine/get it fixed if it was like you described. So you are probably seen as a troll trying to hate on Nokia cos most people can't personally agree to things you tell. I've heard of something alike though and something abit different, and usually people have managed to get theirs returned/traded for a brand new one that they've been happy with.

• mole4

nokia N8 price here in the philippines is 22k pesos, c7 is 17.9k, ill get n8...

• Dwane

@wheez
Glad you're back people have been acusing me of being just a troll.

I don't know if you have been reading the posts on this page over the last few weeks. Well you know how excited I was to get an N8 and was one of the ones waiting and supporting this phone, well now after using it for only 5 days I sent it back and have now for the first time decided to get an android phone. I was so disappointed in the unfinished feel of the software.

Putting the crap web experience aside. It totally crashed on me everyday to the point where I had to hard reset. It lagged big time when I had more than one app opened -example I was on the internet and then tried to reply to a text and had to wait for the text to catch up on my screen! (I was literally 3 words ahead of it). I had not transferred any data onto the phone other than my contacts. Sometimes the in the multitask window it would revert to just icons instead of screen shots of what was opened. when viewing images it flicks fast but you have to wait if you want yo use the multi touch zoom on every pic.

You should be in sales as it was you who convinced me that the low processor and RAM would not be a problem due to the dedicated GPU and light OS. That is SO NOT the case. I was forced to youtube N8 vs (SGS, Desire, Iphone) with released versions of the N8 and the N8 was out performed in almost every aspect other than the camera and maybe Sat Nav. Yes the camera was fantastic (altho videos in the dark were not) the build quality excellent, but the overall usability is below the competition standard. Can you or anyone find one video on youtube where the N8 out performs any other phone?

Don't get me wrong I am Not a Nokia hater as you know but I am disappointed and bitter towards them for getting me so excited and wasting months of my time and then delivering a buggy phone.

Be honest Wheez have you experience some of these faults -I know you are a loyal Nokia man living in Finland etc but people need to know the truth. N8 is just a good camera phone with nice feature like FM transmitter and USB OTG and a good battery etc (WHEN it works smoothly) but it is NOT on par with the top end phones.

This was my N8

Hey guys for those who have the n8 plz let e know if the tv out can be done with the regular cable (i mean without the hdmi cable) is it possible??? Or only the hdmi????? Plz reply soon

• Karan

Nokia just released update for 2 of its applications "social" and "topapps" and i just tryed them out and they made them much much better and i am very hppy with the social update :)

Social network (Facebook)-program update today. Its good.

• Wheez

brynn, 28 Oct 2010Last time i checked when it reminded me of update of midnight th... moreMy E65 had built in smilies and my fiancees like 50 euro Nokia phone bought like a year ago has em too. Also her old phone that is at least 3-4 years old has them too. What are you on about?

I think I did see some kind of animated background with some theme, not sure about that though.

• brynn

ruin, 28 Oct 2010thanks a lot dude..i see two updates.. One is 3302 kB phone apps... moreLast time i checked when it reminded me of update of midnight theme,,its on charge now so will check if theres an update available.

To blackberry s/e users ,symbian ^3 has smileys built in now.That a first since i used symbian since nokia 3650,what next animated wallpapers??

• Wheez

ruin, 28 Oct 2010thanks a lot dude..i see two updates.. One is 3302 kB phone apps... moreI maybe pop in here few times a week and post a comment if theres anything smart to write and rate the phone too while I'm at it, but I don't actively read it, cos it consumes way too much of my time cos then I'm always here :D

• ruin

Wheez, 28 Oct 2010When I ran the software updater in the phone today there was som... morethanks a lot dude..i see two updates.. One is 3302 kB phone apps update and the oher is 5623 kB nokia themes(midnight) update...downloadind the app update right now...good to know you are still keeping an eye on this forum

Anonymous, 28 Oct 2010can any one tell me if the n8 has a message reader or text to sp... moreYes, there is this feature.

• Wheez

When I ran the software updater in the phone today there was some 3mb update available, said something about it improving the stability of softwares.

So fire up your software updaters from your N8s to get it!

As a disclaimer, it has been noticed that someone may have an update visible before you do, so it may be even few days before you guys can see it, for example.

[deleted post]Nice one lol .... free advertising!

can any one tell me if the n8 has a message reader or text to speech reader

• shyam

vedha, 28 Oct 2010hey guys, can we lock the screen with password? please answer... moreyes u can lock the phone by selecting autolock and giving code.

• shyam

G, 28 Oct 2010how is the sunlight legibility ...is it usable. Because it is ... moreSunlight legibility is good enough. The screen is one of the best for reading in direct sunlight.

Old style design,no new features and expensive for what it gives.Why did nokia sued the blogger that said he didnt like it?

• G

how is the sunlight
legibility ...is it usable. Because
it is very important for
outdoor photography and
receiving call also because it
dont have hardware receive button.