Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• amrit singh(hacker)

Anonymous, 02 Jul 2010no way u can make processor faster by software. When with nokia,... moreno,its true they increase voltage by software update its very easy just like when u overclock ur pc from motherboard bios the chip which goes in hardware is arm11 750mhz not 680 but giving 680 due to low voltage and they will place it to there normal speed after update, decreasing battery backup by 2-3 hours

• AMANITA

Anonymous, 02 Jul 2010no way u can make processor faster by software. When with nokia,... moreProcessor can b overclocked,eg.N900 600mhz which is overclocked to 1.3ghz by firmware update ! N8 ll b overclocked to 750mhz via 1st firmware update !
I had N3230,N73,N91,N82 all phones r still perform very well after many years ! I ll never sell them to any1 !

• amrit singh(hacker)

Heinz, 01 Jul 2010When will this phone be available in Germany? Such nice features... moregood thinking i m also thinking like these

• Niraj

Nokia N8 has standard tv out as well as hdmi..!! http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/11449_N­okia_N8-content_creation_and_.php

r 3 b 3 l, 02 Jul 2010What do you mean a processor can't be made faster by software? I... moreYUP that s true but when will this phone be in the market?

• r 3 b 3 l

Anonymous, 02 Jul 2010no way u can make processor faster by software. When with nokia,... moreWhat do you mean a processor can't be made faster by software? I once overclocked my n800 cpu to 1ghz. The processor in this device is a 750mhz underclocked to 680mhz most probably because 750mhz is excessive for a symbian smartphone and most definitely for this device! Please can anyone give me another reason why nokia would possibly underclock the processor?

I don't know why people keep ranting processor processor processor. What we have here is a 680mhz processor that records 720p and takes 12mp shots with half a sec delay between shots. That should tell you something about the symbian os.

[deleted post]I agree. Some posts are pointless.
Let the children play. :-)
We'll just wait for the N8 to be released and people will start posting with some sense in it.

• kevinaux

Jade, 02 Jul 2010Nokia is doing the same mistake since 1 year Bad Hardware... ... morePlease explain

Bad Hardware...
Buggy and Lame software....
ovi store need improvements.....
crap build quality

• Jade

Nokia is doing the same mistake since 1 year
Bad Hardware...
Buggy and Lame software....
ovi store need improvements.....
crap build quality

i dont know so really but when nokia is continue this they will fail the challenge with Htc samsung and others

gush nokia smartphones have so much good hardware and innovations but so bad performance and UI. nokia please make us proud...bring some good cpu and advance the UI (icons, colors, backround, animations, scrolling, even the menu font is lame already)

AMANITA, 01 Jul 2010Every hater is talking like it has just 100mhz processor :D ! 68... moreno way u can make processor faster by software. When with nokia, what u get when u buy is what u get for next 2 yrs without any gd apps. I am confident i can get 300pounds for iphone 4 if i wanna sell in next 18months even though i pay 500 now. You pay 320 for n8 but will struggle to get 160 after 18months.

• jimmy

i compare nokia n8 with i phone 4, the winner is _ _ _ _ _ _ _. i left blank for u to find out which phone has more power. time start now u hav 15 second gooooo!

chucha, 01 Jul 2010oh my i lov it better than i phone 4g i want this phone so bad c... moreyou don't wait
N8 is canceled

• chucha

oh my i lov it better than i phone 4g i want this phone so bad can anyone tell me how much is this phone i cant wait

• Aitoami

[deleted post]People just said this is not right or it is lie or compared Wave.. And you are naming like this??

• Bro

[deleted post]wow thanks for ur help.. hope it can support because i dont have my own hdtv lol i only have lcd screen for my desktop..

i guess this nokia phone is just lacking display pixels if we talk about iphone 4g else this cell phone is going to rock the market....but if we talk about any other brand....no cant be said there isn't any close

Price range does matter....anyone know its price range

• NO KIA

@Nokia
In case you keep wondering why nobody is buying your phone. I'm prepared to give you in a retail shop 300 including VAT for your phone. Your production costs are cca 50 so it sounds like a pretty good deal for the both of us.

• Bro

Will it support hdmi to vga? using hdmi to vga adaptor? example output: to lcd screen

pls help out!!! TIA!!!

• Aitoami

[deleted post]N8 is Nokia's flagship device like N97

N97 was a fail and N8 will be an epic fail..