Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• lily

guys, sgs2 vs n8? Any suggestion? Which one should i buy?

• Carol

Anonymous, 07 Sep 2012if nkoia n8 can download a viber?As far as i've heard, viber for nokia is under development...

if nkoia n8 can download a viber?

• cvik

Can I play all hd games provided by n8 fanclub? Many user says that n8 fanclub games are corrupted.plz help

• Nishant

hello guys im nishant ds side from india delhi....
I hav notice abt the blutooth different specification of n8 in nokia site .i.e blutooth 2.1 wid EDR and in gsm arena showing blutooth 3.0 wid A2DR
pls let me know dat does nokia has downgraded its blutooth conectivity from all previous nokia n8 sets to new ones dat is used to cum wid blutooth 3.0 to 2.1 as it realeasd 2-3 yrs back....??and wats d difference...
Ill b vry thankful..

• Carol

sars, 06 Sep 2012thanks for your help.i knew n8 multimedia is better for sure.but... moreNokia 701 has some good advantages: nfc, better battery, better cpu, better ram, bigger internal memory, official belle fp1 (aka carla), upgradeable to fp2 (aka Donna)... But has some disadvantages: mediocre camera, lcd display ( n8 has amoled, way better) smaller mass memory storage (8gb), verry ugly:). I would peek the 701 with n8' camera and design:)). If the camera is not so important to you and it's design doesn't bother you, i recommand 701. But if the camera is more important... N8 does a verry good job at it's age, and with the new belle refresh.

• sars

gpl, 06 Sep 2012i am also in the same confusion but i brought the nokia n8 and n... morethanks for your help.i knew n8 multimedia is better for sure.but what i dont know is how much it is better.and what about the speed ?does it worth it? i dont really know.but im sure about one of these too.i hope anyone can help me n8 vs 701.

• sadegh

I locked my phone model Nokia N 8 password and forget it, what I should do.
I do not want to flash it because I need the information
What should I do?

• Din

I like ur comment, even me too i hv flash my N8 with Aminking V11 with farmware and i realy love the differences...
but i need to install office apps and OVI music.
which i'll do later

wat i want to know is. is there any possiblity to add new theme effects on it without hacking with norton?

keep N8ing
Din

• gpl

sars, 03 Sep 2012what im really confused about is which one i should but 701 or n... morei am also in the same confusion but i brought the nokia n8 and now i am very happy with my decision. 701 has the worst camera and sound. It only get the cpu & ram improvement. If you want a multimedia or camera phone let stay with n8. If you prefer speed & ui over these its best to buy any android phone.

• gpl

Anonymous, 03 Sep 2012Is N8 a good phone to buy?of couse

• anil

microsoft apps 2.01
version 2.01 5616
41mb .after pressing intall after 5 minute shows update was not completed

• Carol

franco miguel, 06 Sep 2012hi carol you mentioned that when doing hard reset on belle ha... moreI try to believe that you are not making fun of and will tell you how to do a hard reset (for the sake of other people who are curious to). All you have to know is that you will lose allot of apps that are preinstalled in C drive and some of them are hard to get back(maps, adobe, quickoffice, photo/video editor, nokia store, etc.) hard reset is recommended only if your phone does not boot up anymore. So, the method: turn the phone off. Now, keep menu button-camera key-volume key down, pressed all together. Keep them pressed while turn on the phone (if it's hard to do this, than ask someone to turn on the phone for you). Keep them pressed until the phone boots up and ask for your country etc. Remember you will lose everything so backup first.

• Carol

[deleted post]What part was so poor that kids could not understand? Yes, the fact that we had an argue here is a little strange. But you can see, from start till the end, that we have different requirements from a gadget. You can peek up the best advice that suits for you... Custom firmware has all mod's that you want and don't want. In official one you have to do things by your self (this is what i like). CameraPro has all sorts of adjustments but not very important, for me (i can do them all way better in my PC) Default camera doesn't have so many, but has way better quality when comes to look at the picture in your PC. Take the same shot with both cameras and copy it in your pc, you will see what i mean only by opening the pic... after 100% zoom, all will be clear.

• Carol

jesica, 06 Sep 2012hello n8 people pls help me after belle update my wifi connectio... moreI never had this problem, maybe you need to do a factory reset... but be careful, first backup your messages and contacts etc. Enter settings/phone/phone management/factory settings/delete data and restore. Is better not to backup your old settings before doing this.

• franco miguel

Carol, 05 Sep 2012So, how many years, 18? Kind of! First of all: Yes do a hard res... morehi carol
you mentioned that when doing hard reset on belle have the chance to down to 200mb? was it right? ..so can i get your address and will bring you my n8 for the hard resetting? pls advise soonest thank you

• jesica

hello n8 people pls help me after belle update my wifi connection a'ways dropped or closed whenever its on standby mode and i have to reconnect again and again. Is this normal was there something wrong with my n8? Did you experience the same? Pls help thanks a lot!!

why doesn't it allow other applications like facebook

• Carol

AnonD-2912, 05 Sep 2012 Dear Friend, Very interesting though you've not given true ... moreSo, how many years, 18? Kind of! First of all: Yes do a hard reset in official belle and you will have the "unbelievable" surprise to have 200 mb of memory (i'll give you my address so you can send me your n8). But... there are apps that i and everybody needs that would be deleted when hard reset and is quite hard to get them back. (maps, photo/video editor, f-secure, quickofice, adobe, check in, social etc.) This apps here are from, big to very big.
Second off all: did i said that you cannot make folders in custom firmware?:)). When you read you need to know what you read man, read one more time and pay attention on what you read. I've said that i like the official belle allot because i can customize it easier than previous symbian. So, with this fact, i don't need to install custom firmware because it has folders (i hate pre-build folders, i hate pre-build mod's) is it so hard to understand this?. I never said that is easier to do it by your self. I said that i don't mind doing this by my self!!! PAY ATTEntion. In fact i like doing everything in my phone by my self. Therefor, i don't like at all 1000 mod's pre-installed in my system, which i don't need. So what can i say? custom firmwares are for lazy "geeks" and for normal user!!! Don't call me a normal user, don't even spell this in my face. If i want a custom firmware i will do it by my self, i don't need others idea of how my system should look, feel and be like.
I also told you, the things with the camera you praise so much are not for a photographer (also not for me). They are just for kids playing with the camera. But you keep ignoring, or you are just a kido that don't understand the simple things i say. Given the fact that you've understood nothing until now, i kind of start to believe this. If i need a freaqin 16:9 photo i take it with 9mp (what's the point and the use of the other options?:)). Why would i need 8, 5 , 3mp in this format when i have 9? if i want a smaller pic in this format, i just re-size the damm pic. I need quality, not 3 mp at 16:9 format. What a dumb idea anyway!!! I also told you, i edit most of my pics in my computer. SO I NEED THE BEST JPEG QUALITY THAT I CAN HAVE WITH THIS CAMERA. And yes, camera has contrast and exposure (no saturation), i told you once. Most of the things you listed here (besides the really useless settings made for kids) in therms of camera are highly recommended to edit in your computer, simple rules of photography. (but you don't know how to do that, don't you?;) herr geek... my arsch.