Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Simar

kastro, 28 Mar 2011please can someone tell me wat to do , my n8 cannot display arti... morewhen u open your music player click on option and select the option artist and album

Sadly my 2 month old N8 is in the workshop. Suffers from the "Would not switch on" problem. It seems there's no guaranteed fix, which suggests its a design flaw. That said apparently affects only 1st batch so if you buy, check first. Make sure its either manufactured in 2011. Sigh, lost faith in Nokia now. Either wait for a "repaired" phone that may die on me again in a few months, or dump the phone for a cheap second hand device. Sigh money down the drain.

• Jabadabaduu.

The problems with the phone come if it's like made in China. In there they use abit cheaper parts. So the builtquality is not the same as made in Finland n series. The made in Finland models are the most reliable.

Aaron, 28 Mar 2011Did I lie? Fire your web browser and surf for at least 20 minute... moreThen please explain why i do no have this problem, i am constantly using this phone i,e web maps gps fm trans with no problems am i telling lies?

• Aaron

Rollindice, 28 Mar 2011Can someone tell me if typing with the nokia n8 is hard or it's ... moreText input is cumbersome on the N8. The keyboard is probably the worst aspect of the Symbian UI. It takes time to get accustomed to it. Thankfully, there's Swype keyboard. But it only works in landscape mode. There's portrait QWERTY coming but still looks awkward. But it's better than nothing.

• Aaron

[deleted post]Did I lie? Fire your web browser and surf for at least 20 minutes over wifi or 3g. Or open your Maps with data connection constantly on. N8 overheats faster than other mobiles. Just because you love this phone doesn't mean you won't tell its cons. N8 is a good phone, but not the best. A great phone, but not perfect. Just like other phones it has its sets of pros and cons.

• Aaron

[deleted post]Yes it's true. N8 overheats faster than other mobiles. Just because you love this phone doesn't mean you won't tell its cons. N8 is a good phone, but not the best. A great phone, but not perfect. Just like other phones it has its sets of pros and cons.

• Wasim

I bought nokia N8, black in color, a fortnight ago having urfortunately the same purple screen defect, rest was all o.k. Decent phone. Now i updated the released update PR1.2 through OTA and to be honest,purple tint issue in the video player has been fixed noticeabily, though not completely and i hope that nokia will fix the rest in its upcoming updates.

• Caperz

can someone please advise me on how to resolve my problem where my home wireless connection keeps dropping out on my phone, even though its stable on my other wireless devices ?

Am using a Dynalink router

AnonD-112, 28 Mar 2011People People People. The redish screen DOES NOT MEAN that the s... moreThank you at last some common sense

• Aaron

AnonD-2665, 28 Mar 2011i am using defective n8,I want to change it but I am not sure If... moreNokia Care centers do not replace phones with problems other than motherboard overheating problem leading to power failure. They only repair or replace parts if necessary.

• Rollindice

Can someone tell me if typing with the nokia n8 is hard or it's ok, i'm thinking of buying one???????????

• Aaron

AnonD-4801, 28 Mar 2011I bought this blue N8 (made in China) in last December and not s... moreN8 overheats faster and gets hotter than other phones because of the aluminium body.

• Aaron

why, 28 Mar 2011can i ask u something please i really need some confirmation reg... moreThat's not normal.

[deleted post]u need to use ovi music player an open the songs,then fill the information needed,cos u juz download the piarated mp3 files. Cheers....

• amol gupta

seeeee if tey have given u defective pcs than u can claim them

so dont worry if it is in gareenty peroid than they can change

when fresh batch of n8 is going to arrive in market

I have been using N8 for the 5 months and absolutely no problem/issue at all.
The fantastic battery life and the build quality.

Waiting for PR2.0 for the portrait QWERTY keyboard.

• why

can i ask u something please i really need some confirmation regarding this issue...so please answer me,
ok my question is when im viewing lighter colored pictures for example picture of the sky or picture of light yellow shirt..i notice some thin lines passing vertically across the screen...is that normal with amoled..?
please answer me guys..do you have that on your screen