OnePlus 6 series gets OxygenOS 10.3.0 with notch hiding option, 7/7 Pro get a new Open Beta
OnePlus is rolling OxygenOS 10.3.0 for the 6 and 6T which comes with November 2019 Android security patch. It also fixes a few issues and improves camera performance.
The new build also brings back the notch area hiding option which can be found under the Settings > Display > Notch display menu.
Here's the complete changelog of OxygenOS 10.3.0 for OnePlus 6/6T:
- Updated system to Android 10
- Brand new UI for Android 10
- Fixed the automatic reboot issue
- Added the notch area display option in the Settings (Settings - Display - Notch display - Hide the notch area)
- Fixed the issue with lock screen appearing even after unlocking the device with the password
- Fixed the issue with Navigation bar after upgrade
- Fixed the Digital wellbeing option missing in the settings
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.11
- Fingerprint unlock functionality improvement
- Enhanced the fingerprint animation
- Camera performance improvement
- Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Fixed the issue of Wifi connection to 5Ghz networks
- Added an optimized charging feature to improve battery performance based on usage (Settings - Battery - Optimized charging)
- Optimized the RAM management
- Fixed the issue with auto-record toast messages in the contact app
- Fixed the wrong time format in the status bar
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Reading mode
- Added the Chromatic effect option to adapt color range and saturation intelligently for a better reading experience (Settings - Display - Reading mode - Turn on reading mode - Chromatic effect)
OxygenOS 10.3.0 is rolling to a limited number of OnePlus 6/6T users right now and the company will commence a broader rollout if no bugs are found.
The Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro is also rolling out over the air, but only those units running a previous beta build will receive it.
If your device is on the stable build and if you want to give the beta build a try, you'll have to flash it manually. Head over to the second source link below for flashing instructions.
Notch display is a nightmare, when we hide the notch, notification bar also comes down, very annoying and very ugly. seriously do something to it. it was good before.
- 26 Dec 2019
It created an issue for me where notification bar doesn't show up at all on the home screen.
- 25 Dec 2019
Hey after latest OXYGEN OS update 10.3.0.GM57AA , the notch option came back to the settings but the status bar is now showing below the actuall place, means they have pushed down to the wallpaper. very annoying pls find any options, i have also tri...
- 23 Dec 2019