OnePlus 6 and 6T receiving Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 update
Last month, at the launch event of OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus said that it will update the OnePlus 6 series with Android 10 in November. Well, keeping its promise, the company has begun rolling out the Android 10-based OxygenOS 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T.OnePlus 6T
This update brings in new UI and features to the OnePlus 6 series, like new navigation gestures, icon shape customization, and enhanced location permissions for privacy. Additionally, it also comes with Game Space and Contextual Display.
Here's the complete changelog of the update:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- General bugs fixes and improvements
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Contextual Display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings - Display - Ambient Display - Contextual Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
Though not mentioned in the changelog, OxygenOS 10 bumps up the Android security patch level on the 6 and 6T from August 1, 2019 to October 1, 2019. However, it has the hide notch option missing.
As always, the update is rolling out over the air in a staged manner, meaning it will reach only a small number of units initially. OnePlus says it will commence a broader rollout in a few days if no bugs are found.
One plus 7t oked at Visible since 10.0.4 update. Any other one plus be usable on Visible
- 29 Nov 2019
- Chris UK
The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G was supposed to be their flagship device and it's not had an update since August. Odd how nobody is talking about this...
- 06 Nov 2019
I'm looking forward to trying it but it seems like there are still some things to be ironed out first.
- 03 Nov 2019