OnePlus 8 series gets June security patch and AOD screenshot function with the latest Open Beta
OnePlus has released OxygenOS Open Beta 11 for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro and Open Beta 6 for the 8T to bump up the Android security patch level on the smartphones to June 2021.
Additionally, the new beta builds add the screenshot function for Always-On Display (AOD) and improve the power consumption performance to extend battery life. The changelog for Open Beta updates for all three smartphones is the same. You can check it out below for more details:
- Improved the power consumption performance to extend battery life
- Newly added the screenshot function for AOD
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.06
- Improved the audio experience when the phone is connected with the OnePlus Watch and OnePlus Buds
- OnePlus Share
- Improved the UI visual effect on the sharing page
- Fixed the occasional failure to connect to Wi-Fi network
The new beta builds are rolling out to those who have already installed an Open Beta build on their smartphone. Those who haven't and want to give it a try can head to the source links below for more details about the installation.
However, before you proceed, do note that Open Beta builds aren't as stable as the official ones, so they are best avoided on primary smartphones.
- 20 Jun 2021
Facelock is not working, also not able to add new face lock
- 20 Jun 2021
- Rahul ro
- 19 Jun 2021
I don't see any updates in my phone?