Oppo F5 review
"Trendy" tends to get thrown around on today's mobile scene quite a lot. It is just one of those loose-fitting adjectives that, through overuse, has practically lost all meaning. Still, looking at the Oppo F5, we can't really think of any better way to describe the company's new "selfie expert".
It literally covers all the current trends: Trim bezels, ultra-wide aspect, AI-powered selfies, Apple-style face unlock and heavily iOS-inspired UI - all accounted for. All the while, concepts like a dual selfie setup have already been pushed to the side, just to stay in tune with the tone of the day.
We get it, being trendy and staying relevant is important, especially in an increasingly over-saturated market. The BBK Electronic Corporation really seems to take that idea to heart, as the Vivo V7+ and the OnePlus 5T can both testify, with their equally speedy adoptions on the trendy ultra-wide aspect ratio.
Oppo F5 key features:
- Body: Polycarbonate unibody
- Screen: 6.0" LTPS IPS LCD, 1080x2160px resolution (18:9)
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6763T Helio P23 chipset: octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU (8x2.5GHz); Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- Memory: 4GB/6GB of RAM, 32GB/64GB of inbuilt storage, microSD slot
- OS: Android 7.1.1; Color OS 3.2
- Rear camera: 16MP f/1.8; PDAF; LED flash
- Front camera: 20MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8" sensor size, autofocus
- Battery: 3,200mAh
- Connectivity: LTE Cat.7 (300 Mbps/150 Mbps), Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, Micro USB
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor on the back, Face unlock
- No fast charging solution
- No NFC
- Older Micro USB port
Still, we can't really fault Oppo for adapting and surviving as best it can. With its FullHD panels, slick design, new software and camera features and revamped UI, it still offers great mid-range value in its own right.
But, that definitely doesn't mean we can't frown at the phone's polycarbonate unibody - a clear downgrade over its F3 predecessor. Or be a little saddened by the constant sharp shifts in design direction within the "selfie expert" family, as well as the overpowering ambition to copy Apple's every step as close as copyright laws allow and perhaps even beyond.
One things is for sure, there are a lot of new aspects of the Oppo F5 to explore. So, without further ado, join us on the following pages as we tour the handset and see exactly what has changed.
- Masood khan
Bcs no update has launched by the company.. Thats why your device isn't updating.
- 28 Jan 2020
- Farhan israk
Hi Plz help me My oppo f5 can not updating how to upload
- 07 Jan 2020
- 02 Nov 2019