Oppo Find X2 Pro review
The Oppo Find X2 Pro flaunts a chunky camera assembly on its back, compromises and gets a punch hole in the display, and limits its moving bits to just the vibration motor. So it must have lost all the charm that the Find X from mid-2018 had - its elevating camera assembly was plenty cool on its own, but it also kept the back flush and the display cutout-free, only whirring up swiftly when needed. Ah, but it's a different kind of charmer the Find X2 Pro.
For this generation, Oppo has shuffled up the priorities, and we don't mind the new ones. For starters, an all-around impressive camera setup with big sensors and capable lenses, entirely unique to the Find X2 Pro, beats the Find X's limited (if good for what it was) stow-away outfit. You get a 48MP 1/1.43" f/1.7 primary cam and another 48MP 1/2.0" f/2.2 ultra-wide, each outspeccing competitors' offerings in one way or another. And the cherry on top of all that is the 13MP telephoto cam with a 5x periscope lens that beats the Galaxy S20 Ultra in zoom power, if not in resolution and sensor size.
Keeping the cameras static has meant a hole in the display, which isn't ideal, particularly when the previous generation had no such blemishes. But what a display it is, indeed - high resolution, high refresh rate, high brightness, high dynamic range, high color fidelity - high everything. We'd take all that and live with the punch hole.
And that is one of very compromises on the Find X2 Pro. It doesn't have wireless charging, but that's not really a make or break feature, the lack of a headphone jack is hardly news at this point, and who is really going to lament the missing microSD card slot with half a terabyte of built-in UFS 3.0 storage?
Oppo Find X2 Pro specs
- Body: 165.2x74.4x8.8mm, 217g (Ceramic), 165.2x74.4x9.5mm, 200g (Vegan leather); IP68 rating.
- Screen: 6.7" AMOLED, 1440x3168px resolution, 19.8:9 (2.2:1) aspect ratio, 513ppi; 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling, HDR10+ support.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 (7nm+): Octa-core CPU (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585); Adreno 650 GPU.
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB built-in UFS 3.0 storage, no microSD slot.
- OS/Software: Android 10, ColorOS 7.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48MP, 1/1.43" sensor, 1.12µm pixel size, 25mm equiv. focal length, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, OIS. Telephoto: 13MP, 1/3.4", 0.8µm, 129mm periscope lens, f/3.0, PDAF, OIS. Ultra wide angle: 48MP, 1/2.0", 0.8µm, 17mm, f/2.2, PDAF. 1080p/30fps video support.
- Front camera: 32MP, f/2.4, 26mm (our estimate), 0.7µm, fixed focus. 1080p/30fps video support.
- Battery: 4,260mAh, 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging support.
- Misc: Optical under-display fingerprint reader; NFC; Stereo loudspeakers.
The Find X2 Pro also has an IP68 rating, the '8' being a first for Oppo with water and dust protection quite rare in the company's lineup to begin with. Stereo speakers get a check mark in the specsheet too and the 65 watts in the charging section are among the most watts you can get on a phone these days.
Oppo Find X2 Pro unboxing
You get the fast charger needed to make use of all the 65W inside the box too, not at an extra cost. The adapter is quite the chunky unit, but power goes together with size. Mind you, it's not 65 watts of PowerDelivery-compliant output, so you won't be using that to power your laptop, nor can you expect your 65W PD charger to pump 65 watts to the Find X2 Pro. It's a proprietary SuperVOOC 2.0 solution and you need both the adaptor and the supplied cable to achieve the full power. With another phone, it'll do 10W max, while the Find X2 Pro itself can draw 18W from QuickCharge/PowerDelivery bricks.
The bundle includes a set of earbuds ending in a USB-C connector. Another welcome sight is the silicone case, though you may not be so keen to opt for that cheap-ish feel as opposed to the handset's own finish, be it Vegan leather or Ceramic. Let's talk about those two on the next page.
Hi all, I appreciate if anyone could confirm about DLNA Miracast (wireless screen sharing) system in the phone? It doesn't showing in the features gsm arena Thanks
- 08 Nov 2021
turn out the find x3 pro is plagued by the overheat snapdragon 888 and they downgraded the camera with gimmicky 10bit photo capture and microscope lens, the display also smaller than the find x2 pro. The only thing find x3 pro does make it righ...
- 02 Oct 2021
The square camera is periscope zoom which does 5x optical to 10x hybrid and 60x digital. Get your information right
- 31 Aug 2021