Poco X3 NFC review
The Poco X3 NFC is here, and for the first time since the original Pocophone, the X3 NFC is not based on any previously available Xiaomi smartphone. The Poco division has finally come up with an original smartphone complete with a unique design and handpicked feature set.
The Poco X3 NFC is an obvious successor to the Poco X2, which was a rebranded Redmi K30. It has a 6.67" IPS LCD with a 120Hz refresh rate, just like the X2, but has a much smaller punch hole by dropping the unnecessary 2MP selfie depth sensor. The X3 employs an updated version of the X2 Snapdragon 730G chipset - the X3 runs on the newer Snapdragon 732G with a more powerful processor and graphics.
The Poco X3 has a promising quad-camera on the back that's very similar to the X2's - a 64MP primary, a 13MP ultrawide, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth shooter. The Poco X2 had the same quartet, but the ultrawide shooter used an 8MP sensor instead of 13MP.
So, in addition to the smaller notch, newer chip and better ultrawide snapper over the X2, the X3 also brings stereo speakers, a larger 5,160mAh battery, and faster charging capabilities. Oh, and NFC, too, if the name hasn't spoiled that for you.
The Poco X3 NFC is shaping up like an excellent mid-ranger, but we've left its standout detail for last - the bargain price. Poco X3 NFC is officially priced at €229, which makes it hard to resist.
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
- Body: 165.3x76.8x9.4mm, 215g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame, plastic back; IP53 splash-proof; Colors: Cobalt Blue, Shadow Gray.
- Display: 6.67" IPS LCD, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi; HDR10, 120Hz refresh rate, 450 nits typ. brightness (advertised).
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7150-AC Snapdragon 732G (8 nm): Octa-core (2x2.3 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618.
- Memory: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM; UFS 2.1, , ; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.9, (wide), 1/1.73", 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 13 MP, f/2.2, 119˚ (ultrawide), 1.0µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro); Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth); Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/3.4", 0.8µm; HDR, panorama.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps, 720p@960fps; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5160mAh; Fast charging 33W, 62% in 30 min, 100% in 65 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; NFC; FM radio, recording.
The Poco X3 NFC is IP53-certified for dust and splash protection. You also find some other fan-favorite features such as an IR blaster, 3.5mm jack, microSD slot, FM radio, among others. And finally, the X3 ships with the latest MIUI12 based on Android 10, and it's already shaping as one of the better UIs this year.
Well, the Poco X3 NFC certainly sounds promising on paper. Let's find out if that's true.
Unboxing the Poco X3 NFC
The Poco X3 NFC is packed with a rather thick paper box that contains everything you may ever need with this phone but headphones. The bundle offers a 33W power brick, a 3A-rated USB-C cable, and a see-through (antibacterial) case.
That's not all. Inside the box, you will also find a lot of Poco stickers for your car, notebooks, laptops, etc. Some paperwork and the SIM-ejection pin complete the retail box contents.
I bought this phone thinking that it has Qualcomm Snapdragon 732 processor which was highlighted by the seller( flipkart), but when I opened the " all specs section" it says CPU: octa- core Max 2.3 GHz . I don't know if both are same ...
- 6 hours ago
I have heating issues when it is fast charging
- 7 hours ago
Please, is it advisable to use poco X3 NFC in Nigeria, how much and where can I get it in Nigeria
- 24 Nov 2020