Razer Phone

Razer Phone

Damn, the falling apart bit started happening to me also after 2 years of use and same about battery. Now the phone gets hotter and the battery drains noticeably faster and I noticed that performance has also dropped on more demanding games probably because the phone now overheats more easily than before so the phone underclocks its processor to save itself which is really annoying because I hate how the screen dims to less the strain on the battery which makes me strain my eyes cause I have sensitive eyes.

Hi everyone. I have a question for those who are running LineageOS on this device, does the custom ROM have support for working FBE or FDE encryption and is TWRP able to decrypt the data partition using pattern unlock?

mistyradio, 02 Sep 2021but all iPhones have their refresh rate capped at 60Iphone 13 pro have 120hz and the next gen mist be higher or same refresh rates

t.a.p, 25 Aug 2021my iphone 12 pro max can hit 100fps in all games.. its not ... moreiPhone 12 isnt any higher than 60hz. You could maybe find a way to run games higher than 60hz. But u not seeing it to full potential. Like running 4k on 1080p screen you can see the 4k but not to full potential. Althou my screen was 1440p so it and viewed youtube at 4k and was super amazing. But in general anyways. Iphone 12 is 60hz always. iPhone 13 Pro Max does 10hz to 120hz.

Oneplus 9 pro does 1hz to 120hz

Oppo find x3 does 5hz to 120hz.

Galaxy s21 does 60hz to 120hz

Any other phone idk.

• Bruno87pokora

I buy this phone because i really liked the touch , the fast rating , and the sound are amazing design are perfect , but i change 3 times , because the screen need to be repaired , the insue is similar to a deadline in the mirror , starts to apear a yellow line on the top of the screen and then never desapear.

• mistyradio

t.a.p, 25 Aug 2021my iphone 12 pro max can hit 100fps in all games.. its not ... morebut all iPhones have their refresh rate capped at 60

• t.a.p

my iphone 12 pro max can hit 100fps in all games.. its not trash.. satisfied.. anyone complain.. grow up dude.. stop complaining 😒😒😒

• mimi

i bought this phone second hand in 2018 for 250ish euro and i really adore it still.

yes it is a bit clunky by design with the brick like case, but the massive battery life and dual front speakers really sold it to me back then.

The camera isn't good i wont lie about it and the camera software the phone came has been malfunctioning since a year now (just install another camer app- fixed). I m not a huge instagrammr of twitterer posting my breakfast and lunch every day so it didnt bother me.

what i wanted is a sturdy gaming phone and i feel like it delivered.

unfortunately last month the phone started falling apart (quite literally, the piece of plastic that covers the speaker (grill) on one side of the phone has come off.

That being said, I have been using this phone not very gently on many occasions
-throwing it at the floor in rage
-having it fall out of my pocket outside on the streets

in terms of battle wounds:
it is literally dented and somehow i had a plate fall onto the poor thing and while it is now bent (literally not a flat phone since 2 years probably, more oval haha) the screen NEVER broke and remains functioning perfectly fine after all the mistreatments it endured.

this phone is a juggernaut. i dont think an iphone or samsung would survive everything i did to this phone and it works normally still.

batter life is obviously not the longest it used to be but it still gets me through the day. I play genshin impact (multiplayer open world action combat 3D game ) or identity V (pvp 3D 4v1 game) on it regularly while talking with friends on discord and I can get a good 3-4h gaming session out of it after all these years before noticing that the battery is too low and overheating.

to me, 250 € well spent and i do not feel like upgrading yet.

but for those who want to buy this phone here and now i think its better to look towards the razor 2 or some newer models depending on which games you wish to play with it.

Anonymous, 05 May 2021The 835 is not garbage. Its still beats most of the middle ... more"hAhA ThIs TrAsH iS BeTtEr ThAn ThIs TrAsH sO iT MuSt NoT bE TrAsH!" -The exact same mindless bs I've heard dozens if not hundreds of times on this site.

Listen, if you want to buy this phone to play games, (because why else would you buy such a trash phone, it's made for gaming and that's why it's flawed) by all means go ahead and do it. It's your money wasted. Don't come crying to me when you can't hit 30 fps at low settings in recent games because you thought a trash 835 wasn't trash.

joe nodden, 09 Jun 2020Oh I know full well what I'm talking about. The 200 euro Re... moreThe 835 is not garbage. Its still beats most of the middle class out there, including Samsung Galaxy A52 5G, Realme 8 Pro, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro and others.

• Commegetsome

Anonymous, 06 Jun 2020Modern low and even most mid range phones still fall behind... moreAt least, you know 😄✌️ Had Manny hours of buttery smooth gaming on the 835, only prob is the team behind - pubg for schitty optimization.

Used 3 phones with 835, Nokia 8/ 8 sirocco and few days ago bought myself a brand new Razer Phone for 160,00.

And everyone complaining about the camera, but I think it's pretty neat actually. But I did film school where I had to use a f... camcorder, people expect way to much these days from phone cams. ( Kids these days ) can't even make a decent picture and than complaining about t. 😝

You literally can't have one single phone here without xiaomi trolls coming to talk nonsense about how only xiaomi is worth buying. Just go away already, nobody cares about your posts. Find a real job, for Christ sake

Anonymous, 06 Jun 2020Modern low and even most mid range phones still fall behind... moreOh I know full well what I'm talking about. The 200 euro Redmi 10X 5G has significantly better performance. Because even low end chips like the Dimensity 820 beat the now garbage 835.

And did you seriously just say it's about as good at the 730, and mean it in a good way unironically? The 730 is a slow piece of trash. An absolute disgrace. And Google is notorious for releasing slow garbage phones. Can't even optimize their OWN software to be faster than what OnePlus, an entirely separate company has done. Google always releases their phones 7 months too late for them to be even slightly competitive. The fact that you mentioned the insanely low end and overpriced 4a makes me want to laugh.

Do some research kid. The 835 isn't gonna hit anywhere near 120 fps in anything. My phone's 835 can hardly hit 60 in anything even slightly demanding. And 8 gigs of RAM ain't gonna change that fact.

• Razer Phone revisit

Anonymous, 26 May 2020Hello, I am looking for to buy this phone and have a que... moreI repurchased a used model as I have missed this phone since I sold it 3 years ago. I missed the FLAT screen not the curve edge screen crap you get on most new phones. The speakers are loud but not the best in sound quality I'm afraid. The large speaker grills are bit misleading somewhat and attracts many dirt which is a pain to clean.

joe nodden, 04 Jun 2020Why would you buy one in 2020? It's literally a gaming phon... moreModern low and even most mid range phones still fall behind snapdragon 835's gaming performance, so you don't even know what are you talking about. It is about as good as sd730(the cpu in the upcoming pixel 4a!). This phone has amazing 120hz screen with front speakers(awesome feature that is unfortunately extinct from modern phones), it is still fully up to date. 8gb of ram are still a lot, more than enough. You can upgrade to android 10 with lineage os too.

Anonymous, 26 May 2020Hello, I am looking for to buy this phone and have a que... moreWhy would you buy one in 2020? It's literally a gaming phone, and the one thing that makes gaming phones good, the performance, is so out of date that even modern low end phones beat it. And don't even get me started on the cameras or battery life.

Hello,
I am looking for to buy this phone and have a question for long-term users ?
I have found a brand new unsealed one for sale locally, and am trying to make up my mind
Main reason to want it - the good speakers.

But :

From what i've read over the time, people seem to love it, but various problems start to occur.
So
Is there anybody out there who's still using a Razer Phone 1st gen WITHOUT experiencing any sort of problems with it.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

AugustToh, 27 Feb 2020Hey I just want to know if I should swap my honor play for ... moreNo. You better stick with honor play.

Hey I just want to know if I should swap my honor play for this phone

• King_Spicy97

Hey Razer, loving your phones.. so much I have one stored for when I've worn this one out. I'm trying to find what light sensor you use so I can compare it's efficiency for taking lux readings