Realme 10 Pro review
Introduction and specs
The Realme 9-series release earlier this year was met with mixed feelings, even from fans of the brand and perhaps that's why Realme was in a rush to release next generation to right some wrongs. And by the looks of it, the Realme 10 Pro may very well have a much better chance of winning over some new fans.
Essentially, the Realme 10 Pro offers a somewhat minimal upgrade over its predecessor, but a deeper dive at the specs suggests otherwise. The new model upgrades the display, changes the design completely and shares a higher-tier main camera with its more expensive sibling - the Realme 10 Pro+. This last bit is kind of a big deal as the 10 Pro now employs a fairly big 108MP, 1/1.67" sensor coupled with a wide f/1.8 aperture. That's a big step up from the 64MP sensor on the 9 Pro.
Obviously, this comes at a price, and that's the exclusion of a macro camera and an ultrawide one. However, we don't believe that this is a big omission since the usual 8MP ultrawide and 2MP macro cameras in this price range don't provide a meaningful value to the overall user experience.
Realme 10 Pro specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.7x74.2x8.1mm, 190g; glass front, plastic back and frame.
- Display: 6.72" IPS LCD, 120Hz, 600 nits (typ), 680 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 392ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM6375 Snapdragon 695 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 660 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 660 Silver); Adreno 619.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 13, Realme UI 4.0.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1/1.67", 0.64µm, PDAF; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.5, 25mm (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 33W wired, 50% in 29 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); 3.5mm jack; stereo speakers.
The Realme 10 Pro also packs the same 5,000 mAh battery, selfie camera and display size as the 10 Pro+ and tops it with a much-desired microSD card slot. One of the few reasons to opt for the more expensive Plus variant is to get the OLED display. Unfortunately, just like its predecessor, the 10 Pro settles for an IPS LCD panel.
On the other hand, the new Realme promises better overall picture quality, higher maximum brightness and bigger diagonal. So it's not as if Realme didn't try to squeeze in a high-quality LCD into the already tight budget.
All in all, the Realme 10 Pro sounds like a solid mid-$300 midranger with a focus on photography. We take a deep dive in this review and assess the much-hyped camera capabilities of the handset, among other things.
Unboxing the Realme 10 Pro
The device comes in a standard box containing the usual user manuals along with the appropriate USB-C to USB-A cable and 33W charger.
There's also a transparent silicone case in there as a bonus.
- 02 Feb 2023
I am facing network issues.wifi unable to connect wifi.in car music system Bluetooth connectivity problem.screen casting issu
- 23 Jan 2023
I won't be able to fully test its performance as long as realme not release bootloader unlock code... Please realme give me bootloader unlock you hearme?
- 06 Jan 2023
This phone is waste of money, battery and camera performance is very low. Please don't buy this phone