Realme 7 5G review
Like the name suggests, the Realme 5G's main claim to fame is 5G functionality. It comes courtesy of the new Mediatek Dimensity 800U chipset. Dimensity chipsets are already making 5G phones more affordable in China, and now, they are debuting in Europe with the 7 5G. Realme 7 5G is also proudly marketed as the first phone to support 5G+5G DSDS in its price range in Europe, too.
Sure, 5G networks in Europe are still few and far between. Still, Realme's rationale is that the 7 5G is competitive even compared to conventional 4G phones on the European market, so the 5G connectivity is a nifty "bonus" of sorts.
Realme 7 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 162.2x75.1x9.1mm, 195g; plastic body; Weather-sealed ports & loudspeaker; Colors: Baltic Blue (Mist Blue).
- Display: 6.50" IPS LCD, 120Hz, 480 nits (typ), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 405ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 800U 5G (7 nm): Octa-core (2x2.4 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G57 MC3.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.1; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10, Realme UI 1.0.
- Rear camera: Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.3, 119-degree, 1/4.0", 1.12µm; Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4; LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.1, 26mm (wide), 1/3.06", 1.0µm; HDR.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 30W, 50% in 26 min, 100% in 65 min (advertised), Reverse charging.
- Misc: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; NFC.
We can't say we can fully grasp where Realme is going with its sprawling and ever-growing smartphone lineup. Models now span at least a few distinct families, and their availability varies from market to market. In this context, it's hard to say where exactly the Realme 7 5G fits in. It has an unconventional combination of features for an affordable device.
Like the 120Hz high refresh rate, for instance. 90Hz panels are already fairly common in Realme handset and can already be had in relatively budget devices, like the Realme 7i and the Realme Narzo 20 Pro. 120Hz is something else and potentially quite the drawing factor for mobile gamers on a budget. The large 5,000 mAh battery and speedy 30W Dart Charge of the Realme 7 5G only sweeten the deal further. Same goes for the decent performance and high power-efficiency of the 7nm Dimensity 800U chipset.
All of this, starting at an MSRP of £279/€279 for the base 6GB/128GB version of the Realme 7 5G model in Europe, makes for quite the value proposition indeed.
The Realme 7 5G ships in an eye-catching bright yellow two-piece box, with "5G" branding prominently featured in a few places. A 30W Dart Charge (5V@6A) wall adaptor is included in the box, alongside a good-quality, thick USB Type-A to Type-C cable. This is a proprietary cable that you need to keep around alongside the charger to get the phone's full charging speeds. As a nice little extra convenience feature, the Realme 7 5G also supports Power Delivery charging at up to 15W.
In terms of additional accessories, you do get a nice clear soft silicone case in the box, as well as a pre-applied plastic screen protector. Nice little gestures like these can give you extra peace of mind and allow you to start using the phone straight away without any worries.
- 10 Oct 2021
That Moto and some other model Motos will be Unusable in the USA after 3G sunset on Feb 22 ... It is not certified here for volte, evil carriers kicking it off network.
- 10 Oct 2021
It almost certainly doesn't. BUT it has TMO band 41 5g ... ATT doesn't even offer 5G to all subscribers, only those with 5G eligible plans. Also none of these dual sim phones work on Cricket or Metro PCS at all anymore ... Blacklisted. ...
- 01 Jul 2021
Poco x3 pro is the best