Realme GT Neo5 SE

• G
  • GBZ123
  • AeK
  • 28 Aug 2023

TheMusicianB, 03 May 2023GT Neo 5 SE is better than GT Neo 5. I think you should do ... moreLol no it isn't

• a
    • alph
    • Kit
    • 28 Aug 2023

this or poco f5 ?

• 27 Aug 2023

abdullah71, 19 Aug 2023does it have custom rom and twrp?Custom roms are for older devices. Don't ruin such a beautiful new phone with a custom rom.

• 27 Aug 2023

Ayman Gado, 21 Aug 2023I guess this one lacks OIS, right? Nope mine has it at certain resolutions

• A
          • Ayman Gado
          • XKS
          • 21 Aug 2023

I guess this one lacks OIS, right?

BOTConfused, 19 Aug 2023Where did you buy it? Is there any issue like excessive hea... moreYou can buy it on AliExpress.

No heating or anything weird.

• B
              • BOTConfused
              • RJh
              • 19 Aug 2023

lingyi, 06 Aug 2023been using this phone for a month now,bought 16gb/1TB versi... moreWhere did you buy it? Is there any issue like excessive heating, battery drain etc?

does it have custom rom and twrp?

This is an amazing device on specs. Huge battery, amazing quality bright display. I'm going to get the 1TB version soon!

Anon, 07 Aug 2023I wonder how long this phone might last in terms of longevi... moreI also have the same thoughts, but from past experiences with my honor note 10, which was also cheap, it has lasted a few years. Apart from the battery not lasting as long, the phone is perfectly fine and is still as fast as when I first bought it.

I think the phones build quality is fine, and higher priced phones are basically over priced. This phone uses plastic and rubber with makes the phone lighter and cheaper than one made with glass and aluminum.

This isn't a cheap quality phone, it's more like an upper midrange flagship killer sold at a very cheap price. I'm guessing the profit margin on this phone is lower, because they intend to sell a lot of these phones in India and similar markets. A billion adults in India means big profits if they sell a lot of phones.

• 09 Aug 2023

Anon, 07 Aug 2023I wonder how long this phone might last in terms of longevi... moreChinese phone companies make excellent phones bro. Back in 2019 i bought the redmi k20 pro and it's 4 years old and still going strong i passed it down to my brother and I'm using this phone. Chinese phones will last for as long as any samsung or iPhone will last.

• ?
                        • K1x
                        • 08 Aug 2023

lingyi, 06 Aug 2023been using this phone for a month now,bought 16gb/1TB versi... moreWhere do you buy your phone? It's extremely cheap for 16GB/1TB one. I see it's at least RM 1800 on everywhere.

• S

• A
                            • Anon
                            • 6ut
                            • 07 Aug 2023

I wonder how long this phone might last in terms of longevity due to its price. It may be cheaply made just like all the other specced out phones under $400

• l
                              • lingyi
                              • PII
                              • 06 Aug 2023

been using this phone for a month now,bought 16gb/1TB version for RM 1500,first time using CN rom...anyway i'm really satisfied with this phone,all functions works great,NFC no problem,most impressive is battery life,since average SOT is 7 hours so i just need to charge the phone on alternate days...my gut is right,Snapdragon 7+ gen 2 is more than enough for gaming for me.

• ?
                                • tsB
                                • 01 Aug 2023

amongoose, 31 Jul 2023That's good to know! To check your WiFi version, you c... moreWifi from B/G/N/A/AC/AX means 1/2/3/4/5/6. From AC uses 5.0Ghz and 6 use both 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz. No 6 or 7 Ghz here my friend. They are protocol and transfer rate for 2.4 and 5ghz

KazooieTheBird, 31 Jul 2023Isn't Asus rog 6 like 5 to 6 times the price of gt neo... moreYou can get the Asus ROG 6 very cheap on AliExpress. The GT neo 5 has the snapdragon 8+ gen 1, slightly better camera and faster charging, but I do think the GT 5 se is the better option based on the lower price.

I was just looking at more phones and realized that another good option is the OnePlus Nord 3. My new options if I didn't buy this phone would be either the Neo GT5, OnePlus Nord 3, OnePlus 11R, Poco f5 or Asus ROG 6.

GT 5 se £240, GT 5 £300, one plus Nord 3 £350, OnePlus 11R £380 and Asus ROG £400. Im not totally keen on the look of the Asus but the big battery, fast charging, no punch hole in the oled screen, powerful specs and fantastic stereo speakers does appeal to me.

The only problem I have with all of these phones including this one is the aspect ratio. I'm not keen on the 20:9 ratio, this screen is supposed to be 6.7 inches but looks small compared to my 6.9" honor note 10.

But, at the price I paid for this phone, nothing beats it, based on a price to performance ratio.

• K
                                    • KazooieTheBird
                                    • nmB
                                    • 31 Jul 2023

Mauritiusbleu, 30 Jul 2023After checking on nano review and a few other websites, it ... moreIsn't Asus rog 6 like 5 to 6 times the price of gt neo 5 se? Also isn't se better than normal gt neo 5?

Mauritiusbleu, 30 Jul 2023After checking on nano review and a few other websites, it ... moreThat's good to know! To check your WiFi version, you can just go to the properties of your network in the settings app, it should tell you at what frequency it works. 2.4ghz=Wifi 4, 5ghz=wifi 5, 6ghz=wifi 6

FLEX, 30 Jul 2023if you dont mind me asking is it global now or do we have t... moreYou can buy the global rom version, it's called the GT 3. This is my 4th phone purchased from China with a Chinese rom and I can honestly say it really isn't a big deal if the phone supports your language. After deleting the bloatware, Chinese apps and making a few changes it's just like using a phone with the global rom.

The biggest benefit is the price, if you buy the phone with the global rom, its selling for a much higher price. Buying the chinese rom version will save you a lot of money.