Samsung E900

Samsung E900

• Diamond Tiara

Have found a battery for that old phone I had for a long time, decided to give up my blackberry and get something smaller. and don't want a "smart"phone.
I put my sim card inside, fresh new battery, it boots fast and looks easy to use, I try to place a call, and crashes.
I try to call it, it crashes.
Whenever the Os tries to get the date/time from the network it cannot understand and causes an overflow. Too bad, it looked fancy, but this is really a dick move from Samsung to intentionally limit a 32-bit firmware to less of a decade of lifespan.

Yes, Agere platform phones usually have calendar up to 10 years past the launch year. E900 is based on Agere 2nd generation agere platform which supports dates from 2000-2016

Costea, 20 Mar 2017On my E900 can not set the date with 2017 year, it says that max... moreThis is planned obsolescence in 2006! Wow! Samsung was following the Apple route before the iPhone was released!

Oh my. I haven't ever seen this phone in a long time.

• Evros

Costea, 20 Mar 2017On my E900 can not set the date with 2017 year, it says that max... moreI have the same problem. I have spoken to Samsung about this problem twice and I have visited the Vodafone (my service provider) in Southampton, for assistance, but to no avail. Samsung eventually inform me that this phone Time Zone was programmed up to the 31/12/2016, which is unthinkable. Samsung should have included this in the phone's specification or manual. I like this small phone but if I knew this I would never have bought it. If you or anybody else find a way to advance this phone Time Zone beyond 2026 I would be grateful to hear from you.

• Costea

On my E900 can not set the date with 2017 year, it says that maximum 2016 (

One of my all time favorite phones, from it's form factor & design to it's capabilities at it's time , it was such a great phone and gorgeous too! Loved it

same to you i think the problem is the ribbon , but now past 3 days it snatch from me :( it

• Candy

I have had mine for 6 years now and i cannot download Whatsaap.

• Costea

It is a wounderful mobile,have use for 2 years till now, the only problem is that when i turn on camera the screen are flashing green? Do anyone knowes what may e the problem?

thx

• purple raimbow

I have a language on my samsung E900.I don't understand,but I can't get english back on.can anybody help please. ?

• Bagyenyi

Am in Uganda, i lost my sam sung e900 phone...is there a possibility of tracking it????? i need your help!!

tichie , 09 Nov 2012i need this type of a handset ,where can i found it . you give me a one set

• tichie

i need this type of a handset ,where can i found it .

• tichie

Johan, 23 Jul 2012I hate this phone. Everything about it annoys me. Why does it ha... moreI had mine and i lost it ,where can i get another one ? . I am in Zimbabwe .

Anonymous, 07 Aug 2012take this handset 100 times a day which will make you feel bette... morei didnt get it. what do you mean?

Anonymous, 16 Jul 2012i love it! it´s great! i want it again. now i have a htc w... moretake this handset 100 times a day which will make you feel better....like you take your medicine///

• Johan

I hate this phone. Everything about it annoys me. Why does it have to vibrate when It's running out of battery? Why cant it remember which alarm tune I want? And why is the standard alarm tune soooo annoying??? This phone is driving me mad and will die a slow and terrible death once I get a new one.

i love it! it´s great! i want it again. now i have a htc wildfire and i hate it!

eggchops, 30 Sep 2011what do you expect? maybe because the e900 is now quite an old p... morethere is internet on the E900.