Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G

s35ym, 05 May 20246A, 7A, S21 to S24 series are garbage because they do not h... moreThey may be "garbage" to you my friend but to most of us it is not.
For me 128GB is more than enough as I save most of my files (photos, videos, documents, etc.) thru the cloud and cloud-based services such as Google Photos, Microsoft 365, One Drive, apps, etc.

Gino76ph, 05 May 2024You can say that. The A52s is almost an ideal size, weigh... more6A, 7A, S21 to S24 series are garbage because they do not have memory card slot.

Anonymous, 03 May 2024Okay understood. I meant it's even more difficult for ... moreYou can say that.
      The A52s is almost an ideal size, weight & dimensions
      The S23 FE would have been a lot better if it was less wide
      The Pixel 6a & 7A are almost perfect sizes for me but if it had slightly bigger screen (6.2") would be much better
      The base Galaxy S23/S4 are way too small for me but it's kinder to my hands. The Plus versions is a bit big for me.

To all :
        Sad thing is that the Samsung S20 FE 5G might not support jio operator's (India) VoNR facility.

• 03 May 2024

Gino76ph, 03 May 2024The maximum size of a phone that my hands can tolerate are:... moreOkay understood. I meant it's even more difficult for you to find a new phone than average user.

Anonymous, 02 May 2024Hmm taller phone further limits your options. Agree this wi... moreThe maximum size of a phone that my hands can tolerate are:
            Galaxy S20 FE 5G
            Galaxy A52s 5G
            Xiaomi 12 Lite 5G
            Google Pixel 7
            Google Pixel 7a
            I've stated my thoughts on the first three phones in the past few responses. And at this stage i have decided to get the Galaxy A52s 5G as used device for under £400.

• 03 May 2024

Anonymous, 03 May 2024How's the 1480 that much better compared to 1380 when ... moreIn case anyone missed, details on main Galaxy A yearly upgrade in GSMA's separate article here

On A55, I found better battery life a pleasant surprise and welcomed return of bigger 6.6" screen.

Anonymous, 03 May 2024How's the 1480 that much better compared to 1380 when ... moreExynos 1480 CPU core wise uses the same architecture as in 1380 except higher clock speed. GPU wise 1480 uses the AMD Radeon derived Xclipse GPU and it is considerably faster than Mali GPU in the 1380. ISP is also stronger with more capabilities. 1480 is built on 4nm process node compared to 5nm in the 1380. Overall 1480 is a decent upgrade over 1380. I would say only now Exynos able to beat 2021 SD 778 decisively lol

• 03 May 2024

Anonymous, 03 May 2024How's the 1480 that much better compared to 1380 when ... moreHonestly lately I've been not reading smartphone news that much so need to learn more about this chip situation myself. Logical question though.

• 03 May 2024

s35ym., 03 May 2024Common user cannot find the visible difference between the ... moreMay be. I do not bash average models. Never called them crappy. Still users like us here need more than pure average to pay for a phone. Deals like A52s & S20FE past years were.

Anonymous, 02 May 2024Exynos 1480 seems to be the first chip that clearly outperf... moreCommon user cannot find the visible difference between the two chips

• 8IS
                          • 03 May 2024

Anonymous, 02 May 2024Exynos 1480 seems to be the first chip that clearly outperf... moreHow's the 1480 that much better compared to 1380 when it has the same core config? (genuinely asking)

• 02 May 2024

Gino76ph, 02 May 2024Exynos is good for: Everyday browsing Less overheating E... moreHmm taller phone further limits your options. Agree this wider body size on new models being likely. Is there significant idle/overnight battery drain on S23 FE/Exynos 2200? % And would you recommend that phone for over 400 $/€ price?

• 02 May 2024

s35ym, 02 May 2024If you see from app support side, then buy A55. Our fate is... moreExynos 1480 seems to be the first chip that clearly outperforms SD 778G while it's also effective (1380 not yet). If confirms, then viable to me. Considering Snapdragon is most times like The Return of Real Pocophone F1 (only in users dreams :), let's hope for general Exynos improvement.

Everyday browsing
                                Less overheating
                                Exynos is not good with:
                                Battery life
                                General photo quality
                                Besides the new A35 & A55 are just too wide and tall for my hands.
                                I'd rather get the A52s than the new phones this year.

Gino76ph, 01 May 2024Not bashing it. I'm just being practical. If Samsung ... moreIf you see from app support side, then buy A55. Our fate is to continue our life with the exynos chip. How are the exynos 1280, 1380 and 1480 performing for normal usage* (except gaming)?.

* means : browsing in firefox, watching videos in the memory card, listening to the music from the memory card, keeping manual brightness at 25 to 30%.

As you know I mostly charge my phone between 500 to 800 mAh for 8 or 6 hours. Yes. I always do slow charging. I hope exynos does not heat related to charging.

Anonymous, 01 May 2024Apps support isn't identical to UI support thus I woul... moreYup i totally agree with you. Right now i'm definitely leaning towards the A52s.
                                    I'll be shocked if Samsung decides to release the S24 FE or S25 with a bigger battery and a Snapdragon chip and less wider/taller body. I will bet all my money against it.
                                    But until then i've decided to stick with an older model. And that is the A52s 5G.

s35ym, 01 May 2024It is foolish to bash a model just because its OS upgrade c... moreNot bashing it. I'm just being practical.
                                      If Samsung can commit to continue with maintenance updates, monthly security updates, Samsung Store and fist-party apps updates then I may reconsider.
                                      Until then, I'm sticking with a phone that will continue to receive aforementioned updates.

• 01 May 2024

Any news on One UI 6.1 rollout - when?