Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

• jaihind

ll b released at around 30k for 16 gb version . s6 32 gb is available at 34k. overpriced?

• OMGush

james, 02 Feb 2016I just bought the Exynos version with 1.6 octacore. It is very f... moreMine is the exynos chipset as well. The performance is hella impressive for a mid range device. It's just as fluid and smooth when I compared it to my S6.
Probably gonna be my daily driver now because the battery on my S6 is just horrible.

Also A56 glass back is slippery to hold, a case is definitely recommended to avoid dropping it.

• OMGush

alin, 04 Feb 2016Hey guys again, so some of you say that this phone heats up when... moreHad it for a few days. The device is working fine, the heating is due to the adaptive fast charging, if you plug it into your pc or normal/travel charger it doesn't heat up that much.
Camera is not blurry on my device, pretty good snapper for a mid range phone.
I have an S6 as well but A5 2016 just blows it away in terms of design, the phone is just gorgeous to look at because of the curve 2.5D gorilla glass screen which reminds me of Nokia lumia curved glass, all in all It just feels more premium than the S6.
The shape is still your typical samsung device, its nothing revolutionary. Its just the A5 materials are top notch flagship level.

Its 200 bucks cheaper than the S6 in my country. Definitely a good option if you want a premium looking phone.
Performance wise while the S6 is obviously better in terms of specs, they feel roughly the same in real world usage(if you're not looking up in the benchmarks).
A5 2016 is just as fast and smooth, probably its software is just well optimized, good job there samsung! S6 will still leave A5 2016 in the dust in terms of higher end gaming performance.

AnonD-496799, 04 Feb 2016Bought the Galaxy A5 2016 yesterday and so far was thinking was ... morejust do a factory reset...

• Jeremy

AnonD-496799, 04 Feb 2016Bought the Galaxy A5 2016 yesterday and so far was thinking was ... moreI bought my A5 2016 3 days ago an doesn't have the same problem like your A5. My device is running very well

• Jeremy

Hurry, 03 Feb 2016Is there a version of this phone with a single sim and not with ... moreThere is no model Galaxy A5 2016 with a single SIM slot. You can use second SIM slot as microSD card slot.

• alin

Hey guys again, so some of you say that this phone heats up when charging and also the camera gets blurry. Maybe it's just an exception, but it would be helpful for us, who didn't decide yet to buy it, to know if this are problems for every device, or just a few out there. Thank you in advance.

[deleted post]They are teasing the a series in their official Samsung mobile India page in fb go check it out... It will be soon coming to our market

• OMGush

nadzlustred, 03 Feb 2016Is it helpful if i do reset because my phone is also heats up wh... moreIts obvious that it heats up because of the fast charging. Use a regular charger if you don't want it to heat up.

Bought the Galaxy A5 2016 yesterday and so far was thinking was a great phone, but after had to update it my back camera got blurry. Practically impossible to take pictures now. Front camera is fine, but I want both cameras to work.
Does anyone had the same problem as me? Should I return it to the store or what?
Please, would love some help. Thanks.

• Unlocked

Very nice phone, I'm very intrested to buy it but the price is too high. Hope will drop down soon cuz in this price range there are other phones like z3 for example or for a litle bit more even the s6 could be a better option.

• nadzlustred

DM, 01 Feb 2016do a reset, to clear possible bugs...Is it helpful if i do reset because my phone is also heats up when charging.

• Hurry

Is there a version of this phone with a single sim and not with dual-sim?

• Cheong

Tommikke, 03 Feb 2016It has quite good camera, not S6 level of course but still very ... moreYes, A5 (2016) is a good phone!

You can answer or reject calls with just a single tap on the screen. No need to swipe anymore. Go to turn on the Single tap mode in Accessibility there.

• Tommikke

AnonD-495915, 02 Feb 2016A5 2016 camera is good?It has quite good camera, not S6 level of course but still very nice snapper.

kanchandani, 02 Feb 2016the phone is great midrange device. but its a little pricy for m... moreThat's what J series is for.

Ali, 02 Feb 2016I just purchased the exynos version of this phone. There is a SI... moreR u from Pakistan? I come to know that in Pakistan it has only sim+sim or sim+mcard version available. It has MP warranty.

• alin

DealBreaker, 02 Feb 2016ok..so now that the review is out for the new A5 2016 ..It is as... moreYou're the only person who says that. Why it is weaker ? Everywhere I read, it says it's better, and has OIS, which the old A5 hasn't. So, in theory at least, it should be better.

• alin

Ali, 02 Feb 2016I just purchased the exynos version of this phone. There is a SI... moreHey, maybe you have the dual-sim variant of the phone, no ? Read on the box.