Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

This phone's battery is garbage.Of overheating issues and now 6 months later, the phone just dies off at 30%. The battery is now swollen.IM DONE WITH SAMSUNG.

• sabuj

actually my a5 16 fingerprint isn't working properly...I tried it many way sometimes it work sometimes not...now plz tell me what can I do in this time... its me disappointing much and so on...

Vineet, 01 Mar 2017Go to play store in settings and stop aut matic and new app updetsThank you for your reply!
It's not the apps, it's the android system. I disabled the auto download, but it still checks and keeps telling to update on the notifications and on the configs, until I update.

AnonD-542833, 01 Mar 2017What updates your talking about? I mean apps updates or OS Updat... moreThank you for your reply!
The problem is android updates, not apps. I have disabled the auto download, and the android do not download updates, but it still checks for updates, and keeps telling me that "there's a new version... update now... bla bla", it keeps annoying me until I do.
Actually, a lot of things in this device are annoying: it keeps telling me to save battery when it still have 30% (should be on 10% or maybe never...), telling me to save data usage but I have a unlimited data package, even if I am using wifi, and I cannot disable those notifications because they're system apps, the option to disable notifications does not exist on then.
If it helps, my android is 6.0.1 (MMB29K.A510MUBS3BQB2)

hi all , work fifa 16 without lag ?

• funkmaster87

I have the A5(16) and all I can say Lollipop 5.1.1 rocks!No Marshmallow update for me thanks!Everything works fine and battery life is great if not awesome!

• Aman

AnonD-653473, 17 Mar 2017we faced with bad problem. we bought 3 cell phone A5 2016 last... morePlease visit nearest service center and tell the problam and please ask to battery change & softwere updeta & and problam arrived to mother bord so change

we faced with bad problem.
we bought 3 cell phone A5 2016 last year . now all of them faced with disaster . on 90 percent of battery shout off or reset . i dont know what can i do . why all of them with same date should face with it ????? it is not normal

• ana

why my hp very slow after update version marshmallow 6.0 and when connect WiFi my whats app in or out take time to send or read everything slow . please help me or my hp having problem?? :(

zaj, 16 Mar 2017I simply cant trust samsungs anymore if their flagship battery (... moreNote 7 was a different case. It's battery has problem which was built by other suppliers. You can read authentic reviews of Lenevo devices where many reported that their devices blasted when they are using them, which is more dangerous as it happened with multiple models. Also any one can now a days blast a battery by overcharging it. So stop blaming Samsung. Here in India Samsung is the number 1 company and the mid range device are very popular. I got 4 galaxy in my house including J7 Prime, A5 (2016), On 7 pro and J Max. And I don't think any one of them will blast unless I intend to blast them.

• Rizwan

When i get version from Marsmallow 6.0.1 to Nougat 7.0.1? Anybody tell me

• zaj

I simply cant trust samsungs anymore if their flagship battery (note 7) is defective, how much more the lower ends...

• zaj

AnonD-542833, 15 Mar 2017First of all please don't wait till the battery gets 20 or 30% l... morethats horrible considering you have to be always mindful to keep it above 20% or it shuts down for good without reason. Samsung as usual with their battery blunders. If that joke of a battery on the note 7 flagship is defective, how can we trust the battery on their mid range phones and the lower ends?

AnonD-338263, 15 Mar 2017Automatically shuts off below 20 percent.this is the main proble... moreFirst of all please don't wait till the battery gets 20 or 30% low. Second if your device is below 30 or 25, and you can't Recharge the battery than activate battery saving mode. As for battery draining I agree the A5 (2016) drains faster than my On7 Pro or J7 Prime. But I hope with 7 update situation will improve. Regards.

Automatically shuts off below 20 percent.this is the main problem in this phone.any solution?

• mv

Anonymous, 14 Mar 2017I Updated the software of my samsung A5 2016 yesterday but i don... moreyou can go on sammobile website, download the firmware and flash it yourself. But carefully you could brick your device , and it will be useful..

Anonymous, 14 Mar 2017I Updated the software of my samsung A5 2016 yesterday but i don... moreIt will be very hard to roll back without visiting the service center. Also in few weeks I will get Noughet update. So I will advice you to have patience and wait for the major update. Regards.

I Updated the software of my samsung A5 2016 yesterday but i don't like the display of the new base band version A510FXXS3BQA6/. i badly need to go back to my old software (factory version). i have formatted the phone but it has failed . what should i do? kindly help.
Fred

• Mr,Mobile

7.0 Nougat update in May :)

AnonD-342429, 09 Mar 2017I charge it night before sleep and eaily lasts next night over 3... moreSame probelm with me. Shuts off at 40%