Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)

• PHOTOMAN

SURE ! Best phone in the world ! ;-)

I bought this phone used back in 2017. It stills run super fast with lineage. I have this phone for 5 years now and no problem it works super well.

Jhuz, 06 Feb 2021Bad News.. This Phone will no longer Recieving Security Upd... moreits a 4yr old phone what more fo u want

Jhuz, 06 Feb 2021Bad News.. This Phone will no longer Recieving Security Upd... moreWebsite said quarterly updates. Sad news either way,this will be a back up phone with a custom rom now. Best phone I had.

• Jhuz

Bad News.. This Phone will no longer Recieving Security Updates.. Now we will stuck at Android 8.0 December 1 2020 Security Patch.. Jeez

steph291, 28 Jan 2021fm radio ? model sm A500W don't seams to have fm rad... moreIt does have, but the carrier blocks it all

Phone works great still. I read this gets quarterly security patches. Is this still "safe" to use daily? Thinking security wise for banking apps and work emails etc

• steph291

fm radio ?
model sm A500W
don't seams to have fm radio capacity ?
Or I don't have the apps to do that ?
wth : \ ?!?!

• Jaro

Today I received 1 December patch. Weight around 35MB

Jj, 08 Jan 2021I have a a5 but am thinking about getting an s10. Is it the... moreBy asking the question you internally probably know that you don't yet need a new phone just yet and this one manages what you really need to do. So you know the answer yourself :). And at the same time, the longer you wait, the better your next phone will be. If you manage to hold on to A5 for 6 more months, maybe you'll be able to afford the S20, prices will go down dramatically by that time.

• MBN.313

alice, 20 Dec 2020can we i crease the 3G RAM to 8GB RAM?Yes by buying An 8gb Ram mobile

• Jj

Ammar, 02 Jan 2021One of the best phone still rocking it proudly, received ar... moreI have a a5 but am thinking about getting an s10. Is it the right time or should I wait till my a5 completely stops working?

• Ammar

One of the best phone still rocking it proudly, received around 60mb update today for camera improvement and Bluetooth call quality plus November 2020 patch, great to see a 2017 cellphone still receiving updates

• alice

hmdon, 15 Sep 2020This phone i get it from 2018 and the phone so fast the big... morecan we i crease the 3G RAM to 8GB RAM?

• ppm91

This was one of the best phones I ever had, there's literally any mid range device right now with comparable specs, premium build and IP68 rating for what I paid in March 2017 for this A5 ($310 USD). I've got this phone to replace my 3 year old iPhone 6 Plus because the battery wasn't very good and since I don't like to repair my phones I was also waiting for the iPhone 7 to come out and I even kept the A5 for 5 months more after the iPhone 7 launch and finally gave it to my mom.

• Jaro

Today i received 1 September patch. Around 85.9MB

Still keeping this as my backup phone, still in perfect condition.

• Khan

It's a v good mobile.

• RipplyPower5362

I really loved this phone. It's snappy, has a pixel dense 1080P OLED display and overall a great phone. This is technically not relevant but recently my screen broke (from physical damage). Because it's got an OLED panel the repair is quite pricey. The battery life on the phone was great but not so much after two years of use. I'm confident the A5 could compete with half of the 2020 A series line up.

• Bob Z.

Sounds like dust or a particle caught in the charging slot on the phone. Clean out with a plastic dental pick or shave down a toothpick as the gap is very small.