Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

• easygoingca

I just tried to set a reminder of a date and time, but unless I also allow it to access my location which is not needed it will not allow me to save the reminder. Way too invasive, there is not location, just a time reminder.

Even though we won't have android 10 I'm happy with this phone fast smooth performance good size. Hate all the new Samsung the A are huge or they have that horrible notch. Will continue with this one it's a great phone

• I was scammed

Anonymous, 14 Jun 2020So what happens with the ones who bought it in 2018 with Or... moreNo, it wont. I have one since february 2018 and it has Android 9

• Maria

Anonymous, 14 Jun 2020So what happens with the ones who bought it in 2018 with Or... moreNo. So far I know, Samsung give the Android OS two times only. A8 2018 began the OS with Nougat so it will get Oreo and Pie.

Maria, 12 Jun 2020This phone was launched in the end of 2017. So it got Andro... moreSo what happens with the ones who bought it in 2018 with Oreo already in it? Will they get android 10?

• Albux

Chuki, 13 Dec 2019I bought Samsung a8 (2018) from Indonesia and using it in I... moreJust flash the Indian firmware Visit Sammobile. Com for guide and firmware.

• Maria

Anonymous, 09 Jun 2020Yes but this phone was launched with and old software that'... moreThis phone was launched in the end of 2017. So it got Android 7 in the the beginning of the production. It got Oreo fresh from the box, in the middle of 2018. So, yes, this got Android 9 Pie, via update, in the end of the day.

JustMeAndrew, 08 Apr 2020Updates for Android depend on the carrier. Anyways for most... moreI downloaded and installed the Argentinian stock version (non couriers version) and it is a may version so things will be better from now on I hope!

Nikola19, 06 Jun 2020Samsung phones get mostly two major updates, which means th... moreYes but this phone was launched with and old software that's so unfair!

Anonymous, 04 Jun 2020Can somebody explain why Samsung a8 star and even Samsung a... moreSamsung phones get mostly two major updates, which means that if the phone came with Android 7 it will get Android 8 and Android 9. This is the case with the Galaxy A8.

Can somebody explain why Samsung a8 star and even Samsung a6 will have android 10 and not us?? It's so unfair

JustMeAndrew, 08 Apr 2020Samsung has confirmed again that the S8 nor S8+ will get An... moreYou already have McAfee preinnstaled on your A8 2018 in device care section . It's scanning and updating automatically

• DJAKLU

Araceli, 27 Mar 2020I just bought this cell it's great! But the thing I noticed... morewell a 7(2018) is only on paper newer c0mpare to a5 (2017).same battery,same fast charging,nfc,ips 68,cameras,video recording...only little bigger display,( 5.6 ~5.2),but that's don't worth diference in money you must pay for a 7.period.

• Maria

Anonymous, 18 Apr 2020Overcomplicated piece of JUNK, unlocks in pocket and calls ... moreAre you sure you have an original Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)? Is it a second hand or even more hand phone?

First, you must explore the Setting of phone, for
example: go "Display" if you want to block accidential touch.
Second, if you have done it and it does not work, go to Authentic Samsung Service Center.

Overcomplicated piece of JUNK, unlocks in pocket and calls 000 or alerts of numbers, adaptive brightness is dodgy changes brightness when it wants to.fast charging doesn't ALLWAYS work.very frustrating

GorujoCY, 22 Feb 2020After some research, it doesn't seem that it will be gettin... moreSamsung has confirmed again that the S8 nor S8+ will get Android 10 so neither will the A8 which is considered an S8 light. If any of you just got your A8 and aren't planning to upgrade yet, IMO just buy ESET mobile security. I use it and it's great, no issues at all. At least it gets daily update definitions and is light on the system lol

Norton's is of course good as well. Why not spend a little for piece of mind? Have a great day.

Araceli, 27 Mar 2020I just bought this cell it's great! But the thing I noticed... moreUpdates for Android depend on the carrier. Anyways for most Samsung phones they support the phone for 2 years from the date of it's launch. The Galaxy A8 2018 is finished it's two years and it's final update is Android 9 pie. They are even getting slow on security updates.

If you just got this phone I am so sorry but it's just sad. The only phone models which give good update longevity is either the iPhone 5 years and I think the Pixel which is roughly 4 years.

I have the same phone as you and I suggest the following. If your A8 is in great shape, buy ESET mobile security, it's fantastic. Real time scanning, scans apps you download from the play store, updates definitions files every day automatically, protects your phone and browsers (Chrome and Samsung Internet) from phishing scams. You can set up schedule for scanning your device every day if you want. Also has in depth scanning. Your subscription lasts 1 year and you can protect 5 Android devices (under the same account) with the same licence.
I use this and I don't have any issues, my device is clean...and ESET is partnering with Google because ESET has a 100% detection rate. Best $15 I have spent.

• Xtazium

This phone is cool and all, but the WiFi disconnects when i hold it horizontally with both hands (watching videos streams etc.) when i am not in a room, with a router (so this only happens when walls block the signal). I know that i am blocking the antennas or smh, but is there a workaround for this, because the router was moved from my room and this makes me mad. Thanks.

Araceli, 04 Apr 2020I'm from Argentina! My last update is 1 December 2019 crazy... moreupdates come every month, it happened 2 times that it didn't arrive but mostly there are every month. try downloading the smart switch application to your phone and computer. connect and see if the smart switch will show if there are updates

Go to sammobile page and find last update for your country

• Araceli

Nikola19, 27 Mar 2020Where are you from?I'm from Argentina! My last update is 1 December 2019 crazy! With my last cell phone my updates were monthly. How often do you have your updates?