Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018)

• Lucext

Dark mode stops every few days. Anyone else has this bug?
One more: sometimes all quick buttons are light up and on the next notification bar access things are getting to normal.
Are those general bugs, or is something personal?

Gigi, 09 Aug 2019I had the phone for a year and everything worked great until the... moreI had a similar problem, I solved it by shutting down allways on and uninstalling the applications that consume the most batteries. You can also try to get into safe mode by using your phone to see if the battery will be drained by then.

• Gigi

I had the phone for a year and everything worked great until the july update. Now it loses 20% battery in one night in standby

Amirmohsen, 30 Jul 2019Does it connectable to TV? Can it connect to TV by MHL?Search on google for mhl compatible smartphones. I think they removed that feature in phones released after 2014/15.

• LYREA8

Has anyone using Gcam on A8 exynos vers? Share link please.. thankyou :)

Amirmohsen, 30 Jul 2019Does it connectable to TV? Can it connect to TV by MHL?Wi-Fi connect only

• Amirmohsen

Does it connectable to TV?
Can it connect to TV by MHL?

max, 29 Jul 2019not at all, the battery is excellent. last all day, even for pub... moreWhat firmware of month should I drawback to?

• Jmaxp

Yes A8 is special. Midrange like flagship's form factor with dedicated micro sdcard slot.
My A8 is in pie now with One hand operation + app. Everything just normal. I like the gestures.

I hope samsung keep releasing this A8 upgrade for every 3 years.

• max

Acikas, 29 Jul 2019Opinion about the battery consumption...does it drain faster or ... morenot at all, the battery is excellent. last all day, even for pubg gaming. just don't software update

• Acikas

LYREA8, 29 Jul 2019Smooth. I love the gestures..Opinion about the battery consumption...does it drain faster or it is normal

• LYREA8

Acikass, 29 Jul 2019Some opinion for pie .......Smooth. I love the gestures..

• LYREA8

Maria, 28 Jul 2019Yes, I am just surprised now. I read this spec. @gsmarena.com an... moreA8 is special i guess haha

• Acikass

Some opinion for pie .......

• Maria

Yes, I am just surprised now. I read this spec. @gsmarena.com and it said that the front glass is covered by GG v4 (which is true) and the back glass is covered by GG v5....really? Are you (i.e. @gsmarena.com) sure about GG v5?

July security update finnaly brings some improvements.

Device stability improvements, bug fixes.
· New and / or enhanced features.
· Further improvements to performance.

I got July security update

Aquarius, 23 Jul 2019Android Pie with One UI is great on this phone, it was slightly ... moreYes and I agree with you Android 9 One UI is is much better and more stable compared to Android 8.0.0 which was weak. A8 should have received Android 8.1.0 and not 8.0.0. which was a kind of Brussels sprouts! Too bad for the A5 2017 as it remained at Android 8.0.0 and not even got 8.1.0

Android Pie with One UI is great on this phone, it was slightly more smoother with Android Oreo but it's still a good update.