Samsung Galaxy J4

Samsung Galaxy J4

• ianiser

Bought it in January 2019. Microphone doesn't work for a long time (since summer 2019 I believe, it just spontaneously broke completely), heats quite a bit, camera is blurry, very unresponsive, is not able to run any game with playable FPS, can't handle OS itself with sane performance, apps take long to run, animations are very slow and delayed, battery isn't good and after 2.5 years it isn't really any usable without being able to constantly charge it. Never buy this phone, today there are way better alternatives with way better specifications even from Samsung, even though Samsung has proven in the past that it can't make decent enough budget phones, A20+ series are way better and are actually decent, but I recommend sticking with Xiaomi for example.

• Binusing

Been using this phone for 2 and half year and it starts overheating with temperature of 90°C.
Also external mic stopped working suddenly so I couldnt talk with someone without my earphones.

• Somwan

I use this phone for 3 years and it has microphone problem, my microphone cant work, and the vibration sensor is broke too :(, but this is a cool phone for me

My J4 only allows me to text . It does not allow me to receive phonecalls or phoine out. O2 claims that the signal strength in my postal code is Ok. My complaint suggests that this imay not be correct,

• Chris

Farhan, 30 May 2021After using three years, I can't now record voice in t... moreThe solution to the microphone problem is to change the 3.5 Jack and microphone module. Repair is quick and inexpensive.

• Farhan

Anonymous, 13 May 2021hi. does samsung j4 support normal version of one ui 2 or i... moreNow it uses One UI 2.0 and Android 10

• Farhan

After using three years, I can't now record voice in the phone while using external mic...But the phone's built-in mic is still Ok...

• Mimi

I had this mobile phone and I havent got any problems. This phone is one of the best!

• Frosty1

Hman, 12 Jan 2021My phone just went blank. Its on but I cant turn it off or ... moreI had Samsung j4. Whenever I update apps from Google play Store..the screen goes black and I can't do anything other than wait for the battery to die .then only I can use the phone again.. unfortunately I have to uninstall Google play Store then the issue doesn't happen..any ideas why it's happening ?

hi. does samsung j4 support normal version of one ui 2 or it has one ui core?
because i wish to know does it have these items or not?
samsung daily, bixby home, briefing,?
i really hate such programs!

• Cher

Had mine for 2 years and it suddenly won't turn on anymore. I suspect the charging port or the battery, or maybe I just overuse it. It always asks to update the system, but every time I update the system, apps easily crash. Nonetheless, it has great camera quality and it's user friendly.

• Taha Temuri

16gb memory with lots of updates always make this phone run with low memory.

• Alice

My j4 some tyms it says i must tap 2 restart my phone it takes the whole day and i don't even know how 2 tap

Anonymous, 13 Feb 2021Two years completed.. But it's like a new mobile.. I... moreG

ColdplaySwifties13, 20 Feb 2021No, Samsung did release Android 10 with One UI 2.5 update f... moreNope Android 10 One UI 2.0 for Galaxy J4

SmAbid, 20 Jan 2021Custom rom?No, Samsung did release Android 10 with One UI 2.5 update for Galaxy J4. But you will need to custom ROM it if you wish to get the Android 11 with One UI 3.1 since this device have already received 2 OS update.

You may wish to check the update list here: https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-J400F/XSP/doc.html

Lea, 28 Jan 20212 years of intense usage and its it's still like newTwo years completed..
But it's like a new mobile..
I really liked it..👌👌

• Vladesch

Great phone except the volume through the internal speaker is extremely low for apps like radio. Removable battery is a winner.

• Lea

2 years of intense usage and its it's still like new

parsa, 15 Jan 2021The phone is Upgradable to Android 10 (Q). Please Add this ... moreCustom rom?