Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)

• Yolo

Today, June's 2020 security update was ready to be installed to my smartphone (region: Greece). So maybe this model will be taking 2 security updates for this year (the second one must be December 2020).

• Tmc

Hi There! I'm using this phone about 2 years Excellent phone without doubt.
Everything is Excellent but only the battery is seriously bad but in compartment price with the product that is still Excellent phone Even is a little bit old.

Had the phone (SM-J530F/DS model) for about 2 1/2 years now and it has been a good, dependable dual sim phone.
Good value, nice screen and decent battery life. Camera pretty good too.

Decided to replace it recently as the charging port connector is now worn out and the last security update was in Dec 2019, which is a bit too long ago for my liking.

• Gate

Heres my overall opinion on this phone after using it for almost 2 years.

The phone is working great even after 2 years, the battery still hasn't downgraded, it's not as laggy as i was expecting after constantly using it, the screen has no burn-ins, but the ram is quite a deal after we got 2 major android updates, it just cannot hold more than 2 or 3 apps opened. Oh and the internal memory, 16 GB is just not enough nowadays if you casually use your device to get music, photograph stuff and such.

The phone itself has had updates, both security and major android updates for 2 years and it is no longer being updated, thats why you see in the comments below people not being happy it doesn't receive updates anymore, i'm just questioning how they don't understand that almost every android phone gets 1 or 2 years of updates and no more from that.

The phone never got a feature always-on-display which is quite a bummer since the phone itself doesn't have an LED or such to tell you if you've got a notification, the only option available in the settings is when you lift your phone and it vibrates, that indicates you've got a notification.

Overall, this phone has and is still serving me great till this day, it is a great budget phone. I'd actually say both j5 and j7 2017 are the best due to the AMOLED screen you get, it's just a huge battery saver. In few weeks or maybe a month i'll have to switch to another better phone, since 16 GB of internal memory and 2 GB of ram is not enough for me.

• Gucci

7 months without an security update ! Not good

• Gucci

mary, 21 May 2020hi everyone! i'd like to update my phone to android pie how... moreIt will not become lagy .. just no memory for big games

• Martin

w, 23 May 2020never update !Why?

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Samsung j5 pro, when I open my mobile the apps started to shake and also it scroll by itself. Can someone assist me in resolving this issue? I would appreciated, thanks

• Dagon96

Help, 19 Apr 2020I need to change the screen and digitalizer on my SM J5 201... moreI have the same phone and for me it is SM-J530-F

• w

never update !

• mary

hi everyone! i'd like to update my phone to android pie however, i'm not sure whether should i do it or not. It has 16GB store so I'm afraid to get a laggy phone after updating it. I generally use my phone with spotify, netflix and etc. in other words i'm not a heavy user. Can you give me some ideas? I'm really confused about this issue.

Charity , 09 May 2020Sorry to bother you but what is the meaning of this securit... moreSecurity patch are named by month of their release. It just bring some updates to make your phone more secure, it could be some new features or fixing some bugs. Everything stay the same and you wouldn't notice any major change but some things could be better.

• Sunny and

I m facing issue regarding storage place. I just inserted sd card but cell phone didn't support sd card.i always out of storage. Please let me know how I can use my sd card

Regards

• Charity

otnaaa2, 08 Apr 2020I am still on December security patch. I believe it will re... moreSorry to bother you but what is the meaning of this security patch you guys are talking about and what is its usefulness...can anybody explain pls...thanks

Help, 19 Apr 2020I need to change the screen and digitalizer on my SM J5 201... moreit should be on the back of your phone

Help, 19 Apr 2020I need to change the screen and digitalizer on my SM J5 201... moreGo into settings and about phone and it should say your model number in the info there.

I'm in England and still running on the December 1st 2019 security patch as of writing this.

• Help

I need to change the screen and digitalizer on my SM J5 2017 but i am not shure which model is exact - SM-J530F, SM-J530Y, SM-J530FM, SM-J530G, SM-J530YM, SM-J530L, SM-J530S, SM-J530K, SM-J530GM- but is it the same maybe for screen ?

otnaaa2, 08 Apr 2020I am still on December security patch. I believe it will re... moreI just received the March 2020 security patch in Australia

Dagon96, 07 Apr 2020Is this phone going to receive any more updates at least fo... moreI am still on December security patch. I believe it will receive some minor updates in the future . It is 3 years old model and it is coming to end of life so I guess it will be 1 minor update just for security. That was the case with J7 2016.