Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017)

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2020Exactly. Comments like that are total nonsense, no one with... moreoops lol I'm in the wrong Opinions page.

Damir, 09 Oct 2020Looks you bought a Chinese versionExactly. Comments like that are total nonsense, no one with a real Nokia 6.1 gets those problems.

• Damir

WY, 21 Sep 2020Flaws of this phone: 1. Will randomly go into black scree... moreLooks you bought a Chinese version

• WY

Flaws of this phone:
1. Will randomly go into black screen which you can't press anything but Volume Down button and Unlock button to force restart the phone.
2. Will self restart randomly, and sometimes reset your phone.

• wahid

i want to know about home button and return button light its working or not in Janine panel.
because i was change my phone panel the home button and return program button lights are not working. so plz inform to me about this.

• Yolo

Anonymous, 23 Aug 2020Do you know when will android 10 be available to J5 2017?It won't update to android 10 according to Samsung Members. Android 9.0 was the last major update. (Keep in mind that this midrange phone received 2 major OS updates, which was weird in the first place)

Anonymous, 23 Aug 2020Do you know when will android 10 be available to J5 2017?I think in December 2020 maybe update on android 10

Anonymous, 23 Aug 2020Do you know when will android 10 be available to J5 2017?J5 2017 will not recive android 10 update.

Yolo, 21 Jul 2020Today, June's 2020 security update was ready to be ins... moreDo you know when will android 10 be available to J5 2017?

• Yolo

Today, June's 2020 security update was ready to be installed to my smartphone (region: Greece). So maybe this model will be taking 2 security updates for this year (the second one must be December 2020).

• Tmc

Hi There! I'm using this phone about 2 years Excellent phone without doubt.
Everything is Excellent but only the battery is seriously bad but in compartment price with the product that is still Excellent phone Even is a little bit old.

Had the phone (SM-J530F/DS model) for about 2 1/2 years now and it has been a good, dependable dual sim phone.
Good value, nice screen and decent battery life. Camera pretty good too.

Decided to replace it recently as the charging port connector is now worn out and the last security update was in Dec 2019, which is a bit too long ago for my liking.

• Gate

Heres my overall opinion on this phone after using it for almost 2 years.

The phone is working great even after 2 years, the battery still hasn't downgraded, it's not as laggy as i was expecting after constantly using it, the screen has no burn-ins, but the ram is quite a deal after we got 2 major android updates, it just cannot hold more than 2 or 3 apps opened. Oh and the internal memory, 16 GB is just not enough nowadays if you casually use your device to get music, photograph stuff and such.

The phone itself has had updates, both security and major android updates for 2 years and it is no longer being updated, thats why you see in the comments below people not being happy it doesn't receive updates anymore, i'm just questioning how they don't understand that almost every android phone gets 1 or 2 years of updates and no more from that.

The phone never got a feature always-on-display which is quite a bummer since the phone itself doesn't have an LED or such to tell you if you've got a notification, the only option available in the settings is when you lift your phone and it vibrates, that indicates you've got a notification.

Overall, this phone has and is still serving me great till this day, it is a great budget phone. I'd actually say both j5 and j7 2017 are the best due to the AMOLED screen you get, it's just a huge battery saver. In few weeks or maybe a month i'll have to switch to another better phone, since 16 GB of internal memory and 2 GB of ram is not enough for me.

• Gucci

7 months without an security update ! Not good

• Gucci

mary, 21 May 2020hi everyone! i'd like to update my phone to android pie how... moreIt will not become lagy .. just no memory for big games

• Martin

w, 23 May 2020never update !Why?

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my Samsung j5 pro, when I open my mobile the apps started to shake and also it scroll by itself. Can someone assist me in resolving this issue? I would appreciated, thanks

• Dagon96

Help, 19 Apr 2020I need to change the screen and digitalizer on my SM J5 201... moreI have the same phone and for me it is SM-J530-F

• w

never update !

• mary

hi everyone! i'd like to update my phone to android pie however, i'm not sure whether should i do it or not. It has 16GB store so I'm afraid to get a laggy phone after updating it. I generally use my phone with spotify, netflix and etc. in other words i'm not a heavy user. Can you give me some ideas? I'm really confused about this issue.