Samsung Galaxy M52 5G review
There are no less than four Samsung Galaxy *52 models, and we've already covered the three ones in the A series. On our quest to exhaust that list, we'll now be showing you the Galaxy M52 5G - a slightly more budget-friendly alternative that misses out on some A-level goodies but still comes with a 5G-capable chipset, a large 120Hz AMOLED display, spec-heavy cameras, and a big battery.
The M52 5G is equipped with the Snapdragon 778G 5G SoC (same as the A52s 5G), so you'll be getting great performance for the class, latest-gen connectivity, and potentially great battery life, an area where the 5,000mAh power pack certainly helps (4,500mAh on the A models). The M series can have 120Hz screens, too, and the M52 5G's 6.7-inch AMOLED is also slightly larger than the 6.5-inch ones of the A trio - bigger is better, some say.
In the imaging department, Samsung has scrapped the 5MP depth camera, much to nobody's objection. Fret not - the 5MP 'macro' unit is still here. More importantly, there's a 64MP primary camera and a 12MP ultrawide, as well as a 32MP one for selfies.
Some concessions had to be made to fit the budget, naturally. The lack of an IP rating is a bummer indeed (the As are IP67-certified), and a single loudspeaker is undoubtedly one fewer than the stereo setups of the higher-priced phones. Whether you'd call the M52's side-mounted fingerprint sensor a pro or a con compared to the under-display ones on the As, is entirely up to you.
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 164.2x76.4x7.4mm, 173g; Gorilla Glass 5 front, plastic frame, plastic back.
- Display: 6.70" Super AMOLED Plus, 120Hz, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 393ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7325 Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm): Octa-core (4x2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 670); Adreno 642L.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, One UI 3.1.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.2, (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 2160p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 25W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC.
Samsung Galaxy M52 5G unboxing
The presentation of the Galaxy M52 5G is in line with other mid-tier Samsungs. The two-piece white cardboard box has a likeness of the phone printed on the lid, and the phone's name is above it.
Inside the box, a somewhat unpleasant surprise awaits - the charger is only rated for 15W output while the M52 5G can take up to 25W. There is a USB-A-to-C cable included in the box, and that's about it.
- 14 Aug 2022
Today I brought my swollen to repair and I've been told the battery was a bout to explode
- 21 Jul 2022
Nope I had the phone for a month now it occasionally gets hot but nothing alarming
- 19 Jul 2022
Question, will 5G works in Germany and Hungary with local sim card, Yettel has 5g, but could not get it with Motorola edge 20 pro, despite the fact it is 5G phone, so before buying it have to ask thanks j