Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G

zzzzz, 5 hours agoI didn't face such issue. can you go to settings and ... moreauto sync is on, if it were not I wouldn't get notifications as soon as I logged in.
sync Gmail is on, notifications is on (both system and gmail), background activity is allowed.
If I remove it from battery optimization it will turn off background activity and I will be no longer able to get notifications even after log in!

• zzzzz

Anonymous, 5 hours agoHello friends. I'm using S20 fe SD and it's a go... moreI didn't face such issue.
can you go to settings and make sure that auto sync is on?
also check if background activity is allowed for Gmail app
you may also remove it from optimizing battery usage, if nothing else works.
rest assured it should work normally!!

Hello friends.
I'm using S20 fe SD and it's a good phone except one thing that I couldn't find a solution for: Gmail does not notify me in stand by (screen off), it waits for me to log in and then notifies new emails! I have done whatever I could: reinstalling, resetting preferences, tweeking settings,... but nothing works!
Is there anybody around that has a solution for this?

Anonymous, 15 hours agoMy new phone's battery health is around 90% (around 40... moreYour battery health will improve over time (2,3 months). Mine started at 3900 now its 98% (4265).

• zzzz

DMM, 14 hours agoBTW to test the green tint, go to a completely dark room an... moreyes my unit has a slight green tint in bottom 1cm of screen, i checked in the incognito tab of chrome, it is not very much noticeable but still it is there. at 120hz
my unit even shows the same even on a completely black background at 60hz :(

Final Question - can this affect display in long run? i have seen few cases when display goes off someday and they have to replace the display!!
can these tint damage display permanently?
i mean i am ok with slight tint as long as my display can function normally for years.
it has been 4 months using this device

• DMM

Zzzzz, 06 Dec 2021By the way my s20 fe 5g shows till 4 clearly, 3 is very dul... moreBTW to test the green tint, go to a completely dark room and open chrome's incognito tab. Turn off adaptive brightness and turn down the brightness slowly all the way to minimum. See if your display is showing slight green hues or uniformity issues. Test this both at 120Hz and 60 Hz. Mine is more prominent to green tint and uniformity issues when 120Hz is enabled.

My new phone's battery health is around 90% (around 4000mAh) as per accubattery app. Is it normal , can anyone confirm or check for same?
I have been using another phone for around 1 year now but its battery health remains at 99%, i am lil spectical about the same

• DMM

Zzzzz, 06 Dec 2021By the way my s20 fe 5g shows till 4 clearly, 3 is very dul... moreWhen it comes to black crush, no. If you see all the way down to three, then you're lucky. The shades of grey are shown perfectly here. Mine can only show down to seven, which is quite terrible if you ask me. But from the green tint, yeah, mine has that issue as well, especially when 120Hz is enabled. My unit will have a slight magenta hue on the top half of the display, while the rest are slightly greenish. This is quite visible even at 60% brightness on dark grey background apps, but strangely not on AOD. I think every S20 FE units suffers from a slight green tint because of how its display works since it is using the older method of refreshing the screen (not adaptive), but I might be wrong though.

• Zzzzz

By the way my s20 fe 5g shows till 4 clearly, 3 is very dull?
Should i be worried?
Also do you have any such simple test for Green tint as well?
Mine display 1cm at bottom has a very light greenish tint in grey background also in always on display it is evident 😬🙄

• Zzzzz

[deleted post]I absolutely agree to your point 😃😃
Even i remember I asked some question related to my s20 fe 5g and there were so meaningless answers from this guy😂😂😂😂😂😂
Why do people speak if they don't know or understand something?
Forums are meant to clear doubts/queries.... not for entertainment 😝

• DMM

S . SUDHAKAR, 06 Dec 2021There is no number displayed in my phone.Yeah in a black picture it shows true black since it's an OLED screen, but I'm talking about the Google drive photo that I've attached in here. That picture shows numbers. 20 all the way to 1 or 0 (I think it is zero). If your device can show all the way to at least 4 (and below, all the numbers), then the display you have represents the shades of grey perfectly. If it can only show at least 6 and above, then it has some black crush on the display. You need to go to a completely dark room with max brightness and look the photo that I've attached. Hope this helps.

DMM, 06 Dec 2021I can only see down to 7 on 120Hz and the 6 is barely visib... moreThere is no number displayed in my phone.

DMM, 03 Dec 2021Hello! I'm using this phone (S20 FE 4G Snap) for almos... moreMy phone does not show any number when I opened a 1080x1920 pixel pure black in the gallery and set the brightness to maximum (can be set only till 90% - everyone knows why).

Which problem describes your feedback?. Does your post point out display problem in your S20 FE 5G phone?. Get it serviced before warranty expires

• DMM

Rave, 05 Dec 2021It's a S20 FE 5gAhh. You have a good screen then.

• DMM

zzzz, 05 Dec 2021what number are you able to see? I can only see down to 7 on 120Hz and the 6 is barely visible on 60Hz, but mostly it is seven, even if I change my screen modes.

• DMM

Anonymous, 05 Dec 2021When I block white bright areas of the top and bottom of th... moreOh. Nevermind, you have a good screen. Mine Can only show down to seven (7).

• Rave

DMM, 05 Dec 2021Your unit is S20 FE 4G or 5G??It's a S20 FE 5g

DMM, 05 Dec 2021That's quite I mean, It should be at least less than 4... moreWhen I block white bright areas of the top and bottom of the screen with my fingers I can see till 5

DMM, 05 Dec 2021That's quite I mean, It should be at least less than 4... moreSo what's wrong with my unit?