Samsung Galaxy S5 mini

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini

• Gb

I have 6.0.1 version of android

• Aleksander

Best phone i ever had. You just need to unistall some google apps or root it and its so fast. Easy one hand. Miss this phone.

• DTEG

AnonD-746946, 24 Mar 2018Last system update March 2018 makes practically all apps fr... moreWas this the mysterious GDPR update? There were a few other changes listed, e.g. new kernel, security etc versions. I've certainly sensed things have been significantly clunkier since applying the update. Not enough to be able to prove a connection, but suspicious.

AnonD-621054, 24 May 2018s5 mini marshmallow battery drain very fast down grade to... moreWe up to Oreo !! Get new phone heehhe

gabor, 28 May 2018Downgrade to Lollipop 5.1.1 made wonders to battery and dat... moreI downgrade to lollipop 5.1.1 but problem not solved battery drain

• gabor

AnonD-621054, 24 May 2018s5 mini marshmallow battery drain very fast down grade to... moreDowngrade to Lollipop 5.1.1 made wonders to battery and data usage. Marshmallow is a faulty implementation on this phone, if you can, downgrade.

s5 mini marshmallow battery drain very fast
down grade to lollipop any problems?

• jay

I can't upgrade my s5 mini it's reffering me to use KIES....

• S5 mini

josphat, 12 Feb 2018Android 6.0.1 is awesome. the only problm its drains ch.arg... moreMaybe 5.0.1 its good version for s5 mini and batery

No. Too much compromising. I am seething with rage.

s5 mini update news UAE 2018

Last system update March 2018 makes practically all apps freeze ...

From a good phone it just became a shitty one 🙁

Anyone have tips/ solution ???

DTEG, 28 Apr 2017Yes, it was Marshmallow, and it's working well. The "Doze" ... moreFor anyone else struggling with the buggy auto-brightness on this phone, the fix is simple! This is what I shared on my review website about the issue:

"I've diagnosed the problem with the auto-brightness, which was not resolved in the long-awaited Marshmallow update. Very little chance, from what I gather, of any bug report making it to anyone useful at Samsung, but I'll explain a little here in the hope it might help anyone else having trouble with the display appearing too dim or even dead upon waking. In short it looks like it's a bug with the "super brightness" that is engaged when the ambient light is very high, typically direct sunlight, which is why the problem only ever manifests on bright sunny days. It seems that if "super brightness" is required immediately upon waking (i.e. at the lockscreen) the basic brightness is never set from zero, and the screen appears very dark or even non-functional. The work-around is very simple, though. If the screen does not wake and the ambient light is bright, suggesting this might be the cause of the issue, immediately place your finger over the ambient light sensor (next to the earpiece speaker) and a couple of seconds later the display should activate, and you can carry on as usual. Hope this advice saves some frustration or wasted trips to the repair shop."

• rrrrrrrrrrrr

its very good phone samsung galaxy s5 mini

John, 28 Feb 2018Get the mini, it's a really good phone and I've been using ... moreThanks for the advice John, really appreciate it - I am in the UK though, so would have to get the European model. Best Regards, John.

• John

AnonD-737853, 15 Feb 2018Hi, I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S (yes no trailing n... moreGet the mini, it's a really good phone and I've been using it ever since it came out. Never had any issues with it.

This company is selling it for pretty cheap on eBay

Hi,
I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S (yes no trailing number)!!!!
I am looking to replace it with either a Galaxy S5 Mini or a Galaxy S5 Neo, I'm not really sure which one to go for and I hope someone here can give me some advice as to which one is the best phone, from a reliability / performance / ease of use / battery life perspective.
Thanks in advance!!!

• josphat

Android 6.0.1 is awesome. the only problm its drains ch.arge. otherwise performance is great

• Lal

This is my 3rd year with S5 mini locked to Telstra Australia. After Android 6 update I had to update all apps as well to prevent system restarting. Now everything ok. Still using original battery. Not planning to upgrade to a new phone until this one slows.

• S Mini andg ??!!!

My S5Mini, is not receiving 4g in France anymore since 2017-1july (with SFR Red product). The operators change something on frequencies as, since july , it's impossible on my phone to get 4g anymore (only 2g is supported). I guess they changed some support or some frequency and I can not anymore get the frequency wich I used before without problems. This problem arrived suddenly, without that I change something on my phone. Not fair from the operators to make these change secretly, thinking that people will have the idea that phone is broken!!! Obliged to change phone.