Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Slicko says: 10/10
I have had this phone since released and I can say (May 2020) it remains superb. I have dropped it, cracked the screen, immersed it, banged and dented it but it keeps on going. If anything the screen crack seems to have melded together over the years. I only purchased one samsung battery since the old one began to drain last year, but it has been a fantastic, versatile and reliable phone. Have and will support Samsung in future as long as they support their products.
- 27 May 2020
Anonymous, 28 Apr 2019does it have screen mirror feature?No
- 12 May 2020
I do agree, it`s a very good phone. I used it 5 years, it served well. No problems, accidents or mess, only battery starts to show it`s age. But now i got a new s10. It`s time to move on.
- 20 Apr 2020
- Huy Nguyen
I'm from Canada and I just got one Canadian version in this March 2020, which is running on android 7.0, I bought a new battery as well and I don't know why I really love it. If you don't play any heavy game or software, this is a great option personally. I sold all my phone (iPhone X & Samsung S8) then switched to this one since I don't need high performance, Lol
- 07 Mar 2020
I do like it's audio. Very nice.
- 18 Jan 2020
- 04 Dec 2019
- CAVBR 2277
I finally got a Galaxy S5 Neo, and my impressions are as follows:
- Strange not having the "Touch Key Light Duration" option on the S5 Neo, forcing me to download the "Button Light" app.
- Unlike the normal S5, I couldn't make the "Light Manager" app work properly to manage LED indicator notifications on the S5 Neo. I was only successful using "Light Flow".
- S5 Neo's video player got worse compared to normal S5. Previously, it had 3 screen aspect ratio options (on the S5 Neo, only 2), and more setup options (Sound Alive and playback speed).
- The camera app has fewer options on the S5 Neo, even though it has better cameras than the normal S5.
- Monthly security patch is better on normal S5 than S5 Neo, even though it is newer and received an update in 2019.
- The Theme Store is an advantage of the S5 Neo over the normal S5, but I couldn't find themes that would satisfy me, and what interested me most (Lucas Kendi's TW6DMM) is no longer in the catalog, forcing me installing it from the outside and disabling the theme store and theme center via the 'Package Disabler Pro', which is not the best alternative as it has crashed several times, preventing me from using the buttons or clicking any thing on screen.
- 17 Nov 2019
- CAVBR 2277
Has anyone who has or had Galaxy S5 Neo used it with the S View Cover of the original Galaxy S5? How was the experience?
In my case, I couldn't make the cover work properly, only working in a few moments, where I noticed that it's much more interesting than SM-G900's S Cover mode (because of TouchWiz 6.0, originally from Galaxy S7).
I don't know if the issue is on the cover or on my device, and I've only found videos and reports on the S View Cover from the original S5 on the internet.
- 17 Nov 2019
very good phone and i have europe version and dont have update to andorid 7 but still is good phone with android 6.0.1 work great no lag or anything just work also pubg work good on medium on high can play but sometimes lag but for almost 5 year old phone is good
- 27 Aug 2019
is the G903W rom compatible with the G903F
- 24 Aug 2019
blueberryflapjacks, 13 Jul 2019my s5 neo is still going strong and has android 7 (i'm in Canada... moreThe J3 is a major downgrade.
Bell Canada tried to do this to me when my s5 died. I had insurance.
1) Tech support is withdrawn. It use to be with My Tech Expert. They were quite helpful in getting the s5 data transferred to the j3.
2) j3 has 1.5 GB ram. S5 has 2 GB. 16gb storage vs 32gb on the s5. No SD. poor Cameras. USB 2.0 which is very slow. The list goes on. I would not pay $50 but for a j3
3) I had to use the j3 while we sort this out. It's now been 4 months. Data merge does not work. Galary, memos, and phone log were left behind.
Your s5 is a good machine. The j3 is a pos (not point of sale)
- 19 Aug 2019
my s5 neo is still going strong and has android 7 (i'm in Canada) just wanted to add to the info in the thread.
I'm trying to decide if I want to change to the galaxy j3 2018 though, it wouldnt cost anything for me but they seem like very similar phones
- 13 Jul 2019
S5 Neo with Android Nougat 7.0. When I am using the external phone speaker (the one in the back) during calls the other people complain about hearing an echo every time they talk, as if someone repeats what they are saying. No issue when I use the headset or the ear speaker. For me I hear them clear, the echo is just on their side. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
- 12 Jul 2019
Hi there for whoever may be reading this. This phone isn't entirely capable with Nougat like this website says. Only certain countries were granted with Nougat for this phone. Country models like Australia, Europe, New Zealand, and England were granted with Nougat and all models from those countries are upgradable to Nougat but countries like America, China, Japan, and Canada did not, unfortunately receive Nougat for their models :(
- 12 Jul 2019
Anonymous, 06 Jul 2019As of 06 July 2019 my S5 Neo is still on Android 6 [UK]No, its forever going to be with android 6, unless you have the canadian version, which has android 7
- 11 Jul 2019
Anonymous, 31 May 2019Did the european model get android 7.0?As of 06 July 2019 my S5 Neo is still on Android 6 [UK]
- 06 Jul 2019
It's still a useable phone as of June 2019 surprisingly, but don't expect to play games with high specs on it.
- 28 Jun 2019
I'm having problems with the ringtone volume. It's.not loud. Yes i went to my volume options.
- 10 Jun 2019
Did the european model get android 7.0?
- 31 May 2019
does it have screen mirror feature?
- 28 Apr 2019