Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra

Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra

Wow

The US variant of this tablet has been rooted via the Tab S7+ rooting method.

Check the XDA forums for more information.

Rooting is still 100000% worth the effort and everyone should have full control over the hardware they purchase. Educate yourself on the risks and disadvantages of root and don't attempt root if you're not confident that you know what you're doing.

Silent Crosshair, 15 Mar 2022There are 17" laptops with 1080x1920 resolution that d... moreWell those laptops ARE blurry (to me at least) and after using my TabS7+ and Note10+ for so long it might be noticeable. Though the PPI difference isn't all THAT much my career as an artist means that every single pixel counts. But I have changed my mind and decided to buy it anyway since a bigger screen equals a more comfortable surface to draw and stack references onto. An extra 2 inches of screen easily beats a slight loss in PPI. Nothing wrong with the S7+, i'm gonna definitely keep it as a backup or second screen for my PC it's just that the S8 Ultra has more real estate to work with.

God I love Samsung tablets. Best in the world by a thousand miles. Better than Cintiqs and those monsters cost a fortune.

Anonymous, 18 Mar 2022Most people here clearly don't have this device. Few t... moreIf you're saying the apps suck and the tablet lags and stutters all the time I highly doubt you have it either

Nice tablet! I want this tablet!!!

Most people here clearly don't have this device. Few things. It's screen is amazing, works so well with my S22 ultra. But, as I have my ipad pro 2020 still, the apps suck. It lags and stutters all the time. But I can't stand Pados, just doesn't do file sustenance great and to many unintuitive things. This Samsung tab does have a lot of little bugs, keyboard freezes and disappears. At least 4 times writing this. Can't install gboard for some reason. The screen jitters in the settings menu.

Any

• Writer anon

With a screen this wide and a device this thin, my primary concern is physical durability. Even with a sturdy case, I would be defecating myself with a slightest bump or even a low drop, or am I just paranoidi? I couldn't imagine taking it anywhere with me, apart from maybe using in a padded cell. Not too many reviews so far seem to even touch on it, so interested to hear views on that.

ish, 16 Mar 2022just curious would somebody help me on this s8 ultra is 14... more12 .9 inches in tab s81

ish, 16 Mar 2022just curious would somebody help me on this s8 ultra is 14... moreThe screen is measured diagonally. It's same way TVs are measured. Hope this helps

• ish

just curious would somebody help me on this
s8 ultra is 14.6 inches but when u measure it the size is just 12.9 something why call it 14.6 inches?

TrashBaby, 13 Mar 2022holy freaking crap this monster is 14.6" across tha... moreThere are 17" laptops with 1080x1920 resolution that don't look at all blurry so this definitely isn't a reason to not get it...

Mistyfire, 12 Mar 2022With out NFC and Radio and Headphone jack for a 1,000 plus ... moreWho TF needs NFC on a tablet...? And complaining about no radio... Seriously?
I understand complaining about the headphone jack but unfortunately Apple did it and people still bought it so... Guess we live in a headphone jack free world now.

Does anyone of you know when is this S8 ultra going to be sold in Amazon or Best Buy? Something extrange most have happened that they stop the real release. War Ukraine-Rusia? I don't want to die without having this first.

holy freaking crap this monster is 14.6" across

thats a MASSIVE tablet.

...at a reso of 2960p

ew. that's gonna be a BLURRY mf'er

lmao my note 10 plus has SLIGHTLY more pixels and its less than HALF as big

im gonna pass on an "upgrade" from my tab s7+ unless this one is HEAVILY discounted

• Mistyfire

With out NFC and Radio and Headphone jack for a 1,000 plus device is a loss to the customer

There are rumors that this will be the last android tablet that samsung would do. And by next year. They will be starting to use their own OS. Not Android anymore..........I wonder if that's true or not????

• Umm

Anonymous, 08 Mar 2022It's not about the fact that I can't afford it, i... moreShould buy external USB-C DAC if you're hardcore audio user

Who uses internal DAC?

• The Critic

Anonymous, 08 Mar 2022It's not about the fact that I can't afford it, i... moreI had wireless headsets that had lasted 4 years etc. Its how you take care of your stuff. And they does sound great so if a 3.5mm jack is soooooo important to you buy a midrange tablet or a cheap Chinese tablet and give it a rest!!! Its 2022! 3.5 mm jack is no more for flagships!!! The world has accepted it........move on!!!

nobody, 28 Feb 2022On a tablet, who would like to have a cord hanging around? ... moreIt's not about the fact that I can't afford it, it's the fact that they won't last and they need to be charged and have lossy audio as well as higher latency than wired.

GreenCopperz, 01 Mar 2022Look, those that say, "Buy an expensive tablet, you ca... moreHope you don't mind if I both agree and disagree with you at the same time. Yes, wired is going to be better than wireless but I don't understand that through the 3.5mm port is the best way. This is due to the fact that the digital to analogue converters in most mobile devices, PCs and Laptops actually aren't that good and you are stuck with them if using the 3.5mm port. If you use the USB-C port and an external DAC/Amp, you are going to get better sound.

I have not used one personally, hence why I used the word "understand", and the prices range from £10 -£100 for one. It does make sense, if you are using a better converter though!!