Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5

Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5

• Jho

How to go to market?? i bought this phone yday and i m not aware much abt this phone. if i do click on matket its open and close in sec i cant see any thing so hw i can open the market menu???

• Ganesh Parab

Can i restore my MS outlook 2007 contacts in Galaxy 5?

i had this phone for more than 3 weeks now...other than the battery issue...the phone is really nice..the only problem im having rite now is with the gps and wifi..they didnt seemed to work the way they suppose to be..probably with the bug on the Fw but i can always wait til they release froyo :D and did you know..that once its upgraded to froyo...it can do multitouch aswell..a friend of mine wrote a letter to samsung..and thats what they said...yes u heard me..multi touch phone :D

Any news about froyo update?

• Gaurav

Pls frnds,suggest me a good touch phone in range b/w 7k to 8k.pls reply fast

• G3orG3

Hi, all!

Have any of u tried to update ur phone firmware with Kies? My Galaxy 5 won't update, it says in Kies that it can't be updated. From what I've read, the latest firmware is from octomber, mine is from august. Did u encounter this problem? I don't know what to do. I've read that those updates can fix wifi and gps problems.

Thx!

• hahahaha

those ppl here who r using galaxy 5 and said that this phone will get froyo, please show us some fact about that

• GetConfused

Tushar , 03 Nov 2010mine is Gt-i5503 . don'y buy it.... before buying.... do check... moreThat's maybe because they never had google account or gmail before, so instead of sign in they should have done sign up to create a google account. I definitely can sign in to my google account from the first day I bought this phone...

Suman, 02 Nov 2010Hi Guys. I bought this set on 29th October,2010. It is really gr... more> 2. battery power is not sufficient. u need to recharge daily. this is due to so many application is running in background.

Turning off wifi when it's not in used will help. Using a task manager also will help for killing misbehave apps. But one should use task manager with caution, by putting default processes (the ones that run when the phone just starts) in the ignore/exception list.

> 4. for alarm u cant set mp3 song or radio. if any one knows any free apps so that i set radio station as alarm.

Download Handcent SMS, a better sms client. It also has a nice feature so that you can choose mp3 as ringtone, sms, and alarm.

• Kenny

Google phone cant login google's account?
I can login google mail

• Tushar

mine is Gt-i5503
don'y buy it.... before buying.... do check this issue... "Unable to sign in into google accounts via android"
thousands of people are facing same problems.... and there is no possible solution for this....
if still you want to buy.... Welcome To The Club.....

Hi all

Can anyone help pls

I bought this phone a few days ago and for price is quite a good handset. I turned off 3G and put onto 2G to save battery now unticked 2G as wanting to use 3G again and not showing on 3G on icons on screen.

Pls advised me how to get this back, I have also tried manual roam and not worked.

• losta

it has all the good feature you need from a phone..although i must say i have a few concern about the wifi same gps problem and i am aware that some of you may have the same problem i hope froyo will solve the problem :) and i just found out that once it upgraded to froyo... it can do multi touch :)

• Suman

Hi Guys. I bought this set on 29th October,2010. It is really great phone with some amazing ability. what i like most is synchronization ability with google. u just need to put ur mail id and password and voila!my office mail(MS Exchange server) and personal mail configuration is just so smooth. sound quality is good. what my observation is :
1. 240 x 320 resolution with 2.8" is not good enough. this resolution is good for 2 or may be 2.2" screen.
3. so many free and priced app. u just download and enjoy.
5. touch is good.
this is my first touch & business phone.

guys u know what...u need to understand the features completely ...
my mobile credit is running short dont know where it is going...applications automatic email log in etc.. :(

second tip: close down the unnecessary applications, audible sound etc...it consume ur battery alot!

• kennz

Hi guys,

People from the Brazil samsung support site states Latin American Froyo update for this will be early December.

BeNeLux states that it would be late November.

Based from the current trend of Samsung roll outs. Asia gets its dibss of the update the same time as Latin America. So expect your phone to be faster with the Froyo update come December.

autumn, 01 Nov 2010Hello there! Im planning to buy this phone probably on Dec. 2... moreAU$199 prepaid from Testra

• nina

My phone gets restarted when ever i click on the camera icon.. did any one face this problem?

• Gilles

Also called Samsung Galaxy 550.

• Harish