Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3

Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3

• Manohar

Hii Guys..

am in deep trouble... :(

Actually i am not able to send messages..

i dont know why..??

every time i send messages it says message not sent..

is restoring the factory settings the solution

if other solution is there then plz help

also
I have installed Kies on my desktop and i have transferred my contacts , calender and messages

for messages it has created sme file format
for contacts it has created spb file format
for calender it has created ssc file format

my query is that
how can i restore my messages contacts and calender data

does restoring the factory settings formats the memory card also..??

plz help

Regards,
Manohar

• harsha

at all win having problem with gps
As for as i tried its hard to get on gps application work. i feel its better use Google map as a indirect gps it will surely work

• harsha

gaurav, 31 Aug 2010I M Planning to buy this phone today.... 3 questions does it ... morehi there
1yes it has swipe input
2.the quality me audio is best ever i compared it with ipod wave psp Nokia 5800 but no one matches it its the best of audio on head phone
3.galaxy s has received update so hope to see on it in one or two months

• harsha

Pooja, 31 Aug 2010@harsha wat do you mean by "App running in background??&... morehi poo
there won't be any exit or close option in any android application. just you get out me them by using back or switching task. so they will be running in background. they did as the android is the only mobile os(as far a i look) has a garbage collector(if you know something me software you will get this) only problem with it is it fats battery

Anybody having problem in autorotation

• zedwal

Samsung galaxy 3 i5800

Swype finger-tracing text entry seems fast
Check the video

URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFKYumrq8cw&f­eature=related

• Harp

My phone is perfectly able to aquire a GPS signal in ca. 2 minutes after a restart (on-off). But when I switch just the GPS functionality off and on (e.g. for power-saving reasons), I'm unable to aquire a GPS signal again. Only a full restart is getting the GPS working again.

• viv

sam, 31 Aug 2010I got the phone on 29th. The phone is brilliant, majority of And... moreTry restarting the phone(power off-on) in a relatively open area and then start any GPS related apps. It makes my phone acquire locks in flat 10-15 secs.

• sambhav

Ravi, 31 Aug 2010Hi , Yes , I have a 2GB mobile office connection on my phone ... morei just tried this test..im frm india. and i recieved some sv0 location in about 10 secs and sv1 in 90 secs..i have no idea what the mean but is my gps ok??
does i5801 has digital compass??

• Ravi

Anonymous, 31 Aug 2010Addressing the GPS issue: Are you guys connected to the net whe... moreHi ,

Yes , I have a 2GB mobile office connection on my phone from airtel. I tested with the google maps and also with the GPS Test. But the result are same.

Also you can use the phone code

*#*#1472365#*#* there are also it is the same problem.

Regards
Ravi

• Ravi

Anonymous, 31 Aug 2010You actually waited for half an hour to see if GPS would get a fix?I kept it in outside my balcony for 30 minutes where the clear sky is visible. The GPS in galaxy driving me craze.

Ravi, 31 Aug 2010Hi Sam , We are all in the same boat, the GPS seems to be big... moreYou actually waited for half an hour to see if GPS would get a fix?

Addressing the GPS issue:
Are you guys connected to the net when you use GPS? Because Google Maps requires a net connection so it can download the map when you need it. the maps aren't pre-installed. So you'll require a WiFi or GPRS/3G connection to use GPS.
If that's not your problem, is anyone else experiencing this problem? I want to know of any flaws before I buy this phone.

• Ravi

We are all in the same boat, the GPS seems to be big problem in this phone. I have a cheap chinese device , even there I can get the GPS lock in 1 minute or 2. But here it takes some time 10 min's some times more then half an hour. The GPS is a crap on this. I think we need to report this problem to Samsung so that this problem will be fixed.

Regards
Ravi

• Pooja

@harsha

wat do you mean by "App running in background??"
how this is possible?? my privious mobile is N73 in this mobile if i exit Apps it totaly closed
And soory but i have no knowledge of Android
how App minimized???
Plzzzz explain in details,,,,,,,,,,,,
And clear my douts

• shafi

android market seems to have evrythin.... bt y not NFS?????????? is there any feedbck section for the same??? ne1 aware???

• sam

I got the phone on 29th. The phone is brilliant, majority of Android Apps work fine but one issue. I have not been able to lock my GPS even once? i seriously doubt whether the GPS functionality is there or not?? Kindly help..any settings/fix to help

• gaurav

I M Planning to buy this phone today.... 3 questions

does it have swype text input?
how is the mp3 sound quality on headphones?
when is the 2.2 froyo is coming?

thanks in advance

• RajeeV

harsha , 30 Aug 2010yes it supports launcher pro but in some places it hangs and few... morethnx Harsha for answering the question abt apps & all...

it will help me in buying this phn

hey does layar works in india