Samsung S8000 Jet review: Airborne
It's that time of the year and the living is easy: pool parties, blockbuster movies and new gadgets. The Samsung S8000 Jet sure knows good timing and gallantly promises a bit of everything - style, entertainment and impressively light and lively handling. It's a thing to show off to your friends and help you enjoy and capture the hot moments of the season.
The S8000 Jet is not exactly jet set stuff but claims a big piece of the touchscreen action. And it knows who it needs to kill to get it. The Jet is the direct and brave answer to the LG KM900 Arena and boy isn't it a tough call between these two. The S8000 Jet has the fancy 3D interface upgrade, 5MP camera with D1 recording, Wi-Fi, GPS and all the stuff to put this touchscreen phone in the desirable category. We have a thriller of a local derby and the high-end contenders need to do everything and do it well.
We were impressed in our preview with the new visual upgrades of the TouchWiz interface, which combine the best part of the 3D LG cube and page-organized iPhone menus. But now it's time for the final and deciding round with the Samsung S800 Jet.
Here is the full ammo of the S8000 Jet, along with what might be the deal breakers.
- 3.1" 16M-color resistive AMOLED touchscreen of 800 x 480 pixel resolution
- 800 MHz processor
- 5 megapixel auto focus camera with dual-LED
- Geotagging, image stabilization, face detection, Smile Shot, Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)
- Latest TouchWiz 2.0 UI with Motion UI, Media Gate 3D, Smart Unlock
- Quad-band GSM support and 3G with HSDPA 3.6 Mbps and HSUPA support
- GPS receiver
- 2 / 8 GB onboard storage
- microSD card slot with microSDHC support
- Built-in accelerometer for screen auto rotate and turn-to-mute
- Proximity sensor for display auto turn-off
- TV out
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Stereo FM Radio with RDS
- microUSB port and stereo Bluetooth v2.0
- Web browser has full Flash and Java support
- DivX/XviD video support
- DNSe and SRS sound effect
- Smart dialing
- Speaker Call
- microSD slot is under the back cover
- No preinstalled GPS navigation software
As the specs suggest, the Samsung S8000 Jet is nothing short of a multimedia monster. The picture is complete with full Flash support - still quite a rarity among today's handsets - DivX/XviD video codecs and great music package. The camera is a high-end snapper with premium features that the LG Arena doesn't have, while the Smart Unlock, Speaker Call and Motion UI just add to its uniqueness.
But first things first - let's get the handset unboxed and ready to roll on the next page.
- 31 May 2014
my samsung s8000 no skype
- 26 Feb 2013
I want to oder a samsung jet s8000.. How to order?
- 23 Dec 2012
My sumsung doesn't download applications or games