SKAGEN launches Falster - its first touchscreen smartwatch
Lifestyle brand SKAGEN, part of the Fossil Group, is expanding its smartwatch portfolio with the launch of its first-ever touchscreen smartwatch in India – ‘Falster.’
Powered by Android Wear 2.0 and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 platform the collection was launched globally in January 2018. Like the rest of the wearable collection from the brand, Falster is features minimalist design.
Two styles will debut in March - Falster Steel Mesh (SKT5000) and Falster Black Leather (SKT5001). Priced at INR19,995 ($310) and INR21,995 ($325), respectively, the duo will be available across select departmental stores like Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle International and other leading watch retail outlets across the country and key online shopping portals.
With a 42mm stainless steel case and 12mm thick the Falster is an elegantly restrained smartwatch and has interchangeable watch straps. With its focus on style, it comes as no surprise that the Falster forgoes an inbuilt heart rate monitor or GPS relying only on its inbuilt accelerometer to provide the usual activity tracking metrics. IP67 water resistance means that you can take it into the shower without worrying.
SKAGEN has created 6 custom watch faces for the AMOLED display. By using a dark design for these faces, SKAGEN promises to stretch battery life even further.
The list of key features of the Falster according to SKAGEN goes like this:
- Function-Based Dials, so you can access your favorite features quickly
- Battery-Efficient Design, featuring simple dials that maximize your wear
- Automatic accuracy, so you never have to set your watch
- Smartwatch notifications, so you can effortlessly view incoming calls, texts, and emails from your wrist
- Activity Tracking
- Customizable Watch Faces, allowing users to personalize their dial’s mode, color, and apps
- Touchscreen Functionality
- Voice Commands, powered by the Google Assistant
- Music Control, through third-party apps like Google Play
- Interchangeable Straps
- Compatible with iOS 9.0+/Phone 5+ and Android Devices 4.4+
- 22 Mar 2018
I get what you're saying and I definitely agree with you that when it comes to basic smartwatch functionality, the Pace and even moreso, the Bip (Longer battery life, lower price) is a better purchase. But to most people, a timepiece is mainly a fash...
- 09 Mar 2018
- 09 Mar 2018