Sony Ericsson Cedar

Sony Ericsson Cedar

• Vijay

abhi, 06 Oct 2010Someone here said that cedar records video at qvga@15 fps. But ... moreBoss, I Have A CEDAR in My Hand It's The Black/Red Version, About the setting in Video Recording... There is only 2 Normal & MMS Both of which are not able to record VGA @ 30FPS.... There is one more thing On the official SE Website it is only mentioned that It Can record video, no specification what so ever is given...!

Hope I make Myself Clear....

Jim, 05 Oct 2010SE official homepage says talk time in 2g networks is up to 12 h... moreYup, the 2g talktime is upto 12 hrs. 30 min.
Information provided on gsmarena is wrong.

• abhi

Someone here said that cedar records video at qvga@15 fps.
But every site is reporting its video capability as vga@30 fps.
Someone who has bought this phone please confirm it.

• abhi

Anonymous, 03 Oct 2010can any 1 cconfirm the battery life of it as its written jus... moreNo, battery backup is great.
4 hrs. 40 mins is actually for 3g.
In 2g its 12 hrs.
It's completely equivalent to naite.

• abhi

Vijay, 05 Oct 2010Can Someone Please Confirm the video recording capabilities of t... morePlease check ur video settings.
It might be possible that diff. resolution options are given to record video.

• abhi

Anonymous, 05 Oct 2010Features which are in naite but not in cedar 1.Photo fix and ph... moreDon't mislead people.
Cedar has photo fix, photo feeds,can be used as a modem(infact this is the very first point explained on se official site)
It has fm radio with rds,it also has megabass,google search,web feeds,bluetooth stereo,pan & zoom.
Get confirmed urself first & then say anything about this phone.

Features which are in naite but not in cedar
1.Photo fix and photo feed
2.Mega bass and Bluetooth stereo
3.Pan & zoom,Google search and Web feeds
4.Radio - FM radio with RDS(cedar has radio without RDS)
5.Naite can be used as modem
6.Video call - dedicated camera
7.Battery back up is good
8.Mp3 and ACC ringtones

Features which are in cedar but not in naite
1.3.5 mm Jack
2.Human curvature design
3.Internal Memory 280 Mb(naite 100 mb)
4.Expandable upto 16GB(naite 8gb)
5.Twitter
6.3G is faster

• Romeo

No secondary camera.. ;'(

Vijay, 05 Oct 2010Can Someone Please Confirm the video recording capabilities of t... moredoes it have photo fix and megabass ?
how is the sound and camera quality ?

• Jim

kedar, 05 Oct 2010how is the battery back up and call reception? is the talk time... moreSE official homepage says talk time in 2g networks is up to 12 hours 30 min

• Vijay

Can Someone Please Confirm the video recording capabilities of this phone! Is it really able to record VGA @ 30FPS?

Here I'm Replying to My own question.....

Cedar CANNOT Record VGA Video @ 30FPS... It Only Records Video & QVGA(320x240)@ 14.97 FPS....

I Found Out the hard way I Purchased a CEDAR For Myself...

Besides the short coming I Totally Like the Phone

• kedar

how is the battery back up and call reception?
is the talk time 12.5 hrs or 4.5 hrs?

abhi, 04 Oct 2010Comparison between cedar and naite- SE has dropped photo dj,vid... morevery true... infact i loved video dj n code memo applications. but i guess these can be replaced with some java applications... cedar definately has an upper hand with the 3.5mm jack...

• Jos

abhi, 04 Oct 2010Comparison between cedar and naite- SE has dropped photo dj,vid... moreThats a great comment buddy...

• abhi

Comparison between cedar and naite-
SE has dropped photo dj,video dj,music dj,front videocall camera and code memo from cedar(but naite have these features).
On the plus points cedar has faster 3g , sense me(great feature), music call, video rec. at 640*480 pixels at 30 fps, 3.5 mm jack,micro usb connector,new revamped os,new walkman player,280 mb internal memory,16 gb expandable memory,better design,homescreen widgets, which naite doesn't have.
I actually never found music dj,video dj,code memo,front videocall camera useful to me.
I am going to change my naite to cedar in few days. The only thing I will miss in cedar is photo dj.
Guys whoever is confused between cedar and naite remember one thing ,the only things that will make u miss ur naite is front videocall camera and photo dj ,
But if u don't care for these features than cedar is the best choice.

I already costumize my accoustic and the sound from earphone better than before, but I have no idea how to costumize the ring volume. Anyone?

• ann

Cedar=Naite+ 3.5mm jack+ video@30fsp+ micro usb great.... its cooolll

Would any of you guys who has the phone be willing to take some camera shots so we can see the quality of the camera?

I'm eager to get this phone. But i'd like to see just how good the camera is.

why i cant charge my phone its turn off. It will turn on everytime i plug my charger. Is it safe?

Anonymous, 03 Oct 2010Thnks... Hw much can b stored in the INBOX?dude its unlimited