Sony Ericsson W980

Sony Ericsson W980

Awarded Best Music Phone by EISA!!!!

huurrrayy!!!

• Edan

Anonymous, 12 Aug 2008eh cartoon, to reject call when the flip is closed just press th... moreGreat job! You're right! press the volume button at the side of the phone cancels the call! haha. Good info! This is the first time i use clamshell phone!
Btw JAMMI, YOU"RE WRONG :D !!!

• Edan

sip, 12 Aug 2008Well, the phone is my hands for 5 days now, and it is really a p... moreWell SIP you're right!
I tried some snap shots today.
The quality of the pitures isn't that great. My former phone was SE w880i.
I think the quality of camera of w980 (3.2 Mpixel) is lousier than w880i, although w880i is only a 2M pixel. Can't believe it though.
But i never believe in cellphone's camera, no matter it's 5 mpixel, or 8 mpixel. The reason we stick to SE WALKMAN hp is mainly because of the superior MUSIC PLAYER!
For Camera? Just get a digicam!

• LED

I dont have this phone, but on all the other SE phones I had, the LED goes on and off when the battery is really flat. It is not for miss calls or sms or faulty phones.

As soon as you charge it, it stop blinking.

ishu, 14 Aug 2008A question.., After the close, does the phone display the wallp... moresorry no lol. only the Walkman thingy will appear. but u can use the side button on the right to change btw WM/radio/time&date display. but it's not able to change permanently because it will just return to the WM screen after u open and close the flip again by default. kinda bumped about it as i wanted to have the time&date display as my default for the external screen.

• ishu

A question..,
After the close, does the phone display the wallpaper in the mini-screen like the N76/Moto razr??
Other than displaying the walkman, what other features have been embedded to be shown on the mini-screen?

lol for all u people out there wondering wtf the LED light does on the left side of the phone, heres the answer i got from SE: "With regards to your inquiry, the LED light in the left side of the phone is an indication that if it is blinking with a red light is that the phone is hanged or is faulty already. It is an indication for us to check that the phone is having some problems internally. It is perfectly normal if that will not be blinking with any indications." An extremely dumb 'feature' if u asked me, it should have been for un-read sms and missed calls!

anna, 14 Aug 2008Does the battery last long tho? My C902 has a poor battery and f... morei think it depends on how ur usage is. i open ebuddy application and let it run in the background as i stay on msn all the time. it drains out pretty fast if i do that. however if i do not do that, it lasts much longer like one would expect an SE phone to.

lockplay, 14 Aug 2008Anna - Yes, the camera lens IS in an awkward position. W... morebuttons are slightly small i agree but u'll get used to it. and i think u'll just flip it open to answer and close to end call. doesn't really matter if u r in a hurry to do that as its pretty easy.

• Moe

lockplay, 14 Aug 2008Anna - Yes, the camera lens IS in an awkward position. W... morei think it's ok that the call/end call are small coa it's a flip-phone ofter all, u know, flip open to answer, close it to end call.

• anna

lockplay, 14 Aug 2008Anna - Yes, the camera lens IS in an awkward position. W... moreDoes the battery last long tho? My C902 has a poor battery and faulty camera and I think I'm gonna change it for W980

• lockplay

Anna -

Yes, the camera lens IS in an awkward position. Whatever hand your are holding it in - your pointer finger will get in the way. You have to hold your hand in an awkward, uncomfortable position. Picture quality is pretty good, though.

My biggest problem with the phone is the Call and Drop Call buttons. They are Way too SMALL. You end up pressing the Shortcuts menu button all the time.
Maybe i'm just too used to my W850i - i love that phone

• lockplay

I bought this phone 2 weeks ago and have been disappointed with it. Yes, it is slow - I'm not sure why. But, on the brighter side, I finally figured out the MMS settings.
Just call your service provider and work with them. Ask for an OTC setting. I live in the U.S. and this phone is so new that T-Mobile did not even have the phone settings. We tried the settings that are congruent with W960 but no luck. Finally, he used W910 settings, and, Bingo.
good luck with your phone. I hope Sony will have support on their site soon. Even they don't have any new download settings for this phone

• big will

Anonymous, 13 Aug 2008we are talking about the wrong lighting panel here. u are referr... moredid the manual book says anything?

• anna

I'm thinking about changing my new C902 for SE W980. I'm not entirely happy with it as I got used to and loved my old SE W890i. Does anybody think it's a good idea? I'm just not sure about the camera lens, which you guys say is easy to cover with own finger when trying to take a photo. Any suggestions?
I love the SE W980 design

Hana, 14 Aug 2008One question, sounds w980 more high and better than ipod and wal... moreno idea wat u mean

• Hana

One question, sounds w980 more high and better than ipod and walkman mp3 series A? thx

vit , 13 Aug 2008BTW I wouldn't change this gem for another phone in near future ... morehow long was it since u got the phone? im pretty sure its a manufacturer's defect. get it changed or you'll regret it. either that or u can go to a service center and check with the guys there to see if its really a prob or its just u imagining things which i doubt is the case. lol! btw did u drop it or sit on it or something?

amethyst, 13 Aug 2008My w980 DOES light, when I play music and when I get a call or a... morewe are talking about the wrong lighting panel here. u are referring to the clear piece of glass/plastic(watever material it is) that lights up when music is played according to rythm, or when theres a call or sms it blinks white lights am i right? im referring to the small LED light panel thats just between the charging port and the left speaker which is like 2mm long

• vit

BTW I wouldn't change this gem for another phone in near future :) It is gorgeous and enchanting. I love it more and more each day.