Sony Ericsson Zylo

Sony Ericsson Zylo

abhi, 17 Feb 2011Guys, let me tell u something really hillarious...!! I was just... moreBuy a symbian phone now! Hoping in the next two years or 3 symbian phones will be considered as collector's items. :p

• sarath

how to get antivirus certificates?

Guys, let me tell u something really hillarious...!!
I was just checking out people's views & comments abt nokia C5 on gsmarena forum. One guy had a complaint that his c5 worked well for 1st 5 days but now it's taking 5-10 minutes for switching on.
So, most of the people replied to him that "as ur phone is new u shouldn't put much apps in it & ur phone will take time to adjust to the environment & settings...!!! "
I just can't imagine how much stupid reasons nokia fans can give to defend their phone !!!

nice

• Julian

Anonymous, 16 Feb 2011large screen with internet speedy, that what i'm looking for. bu... moreYes, the screen is perfect for browsing. The slide is excellent, has a very satisfying feel. There is only a very very slight rocking of the slide, feels like a solid metal slide mechanism with a bit of plastic components if you can understand what i mean.

Make sure you get a new batch (post december) phone. Older ones may have problems. Mine is october and hasn't died yet. Bought on 1st Jan, slider open count 1280 only!

• Julian

abhi, 16 Feb 2011I think Zte blade has android 2.1 from the starting but u should... moreEven though the tech specs are awesome, in the hand it feels a little cheapish; it's worth maybe 8-10k. Definitely not the 15k the Dell XCD35 is selling for. Yeah, 2.1, especially the orange branded one, is a drag but i wanna use it like that for a few days before i flash to froyo. Screen is awesome, but not that great in sunlight. The zylo's is better!!!

I managed to solve the opera mini 4.2 and 5 installation problem. Borrowed a friend's vodafone sim, set up the apn, and tested the internet is working in 4.1. Then ran 4.2 and 5 and they installed without a hitch. Then swapped back to the loop sim and they would still connect properly. it was only the installation phase that was getting stuck on that sim. So now my zylo has opera mini 3, 4.1, 4.2 and 5. Multitasking all of these together is really fun!

Many thanks for all your help man. And anyone else who contributed, esp. smard for the 4.1 suggestion :-D

• Adi

I just bought a Zylo a couple of days back! I found absolutely no issues (though I may be speaking too soon). The phone looks brilliant and is quite fast. I found messaging also very easy on it.

large screen with internet speedy, that what i'm looking for. but how the slide mechanical? however, good phone!

• abhi

Julian, 16 Feb 2011Guys, i just got myself an Orange San Fransisco/ZTE Blade. Since... moreI think Zte blade has android 2.1 from the starting but u should update it to android 2.2(it's available for blade) to get most of missing features on 2.1 version. Also u may find android awkward at in starting but soon u will start to like it. It's addictive like cocaine... lol...

• Julian

Guys, i just got myself an Orange San Fransisco/ZTE Blade. Since it's my first android phone it's very awkward for me, i'm just too used to SE's OS and shortcuts, but i'm learning. Not sure if i'll sell the zylo, i really like it in spite of the call problems.

Anyway, while reading the manual, i saw that MMS had delivery report and read report options. But not SMS, which had only delivery report. So i guess that's why when we enable read report for SMS on our Zylos it converts it to MMS. It's an option only for MMSs.

abhi, 15 Feb 2011Yes, we can download torrents on zylo or any other java phone. D... morethanks dude now i m using torrent on my zylo

• Julian

Julian, 08 Feb 2011I don't think you can download torents on a zylo! :-DYes, we can download torrents on zylo or any other java phone. Download the Mtorrent application. Procedure to download it >
Go to: http://mtorrent.mobi from ur phone's browser. Press on the first link "You can also download our MTorrent java client by clicking here" to download the java client.
After 2-3 seconds ur phone will ask for ur permission to download. Accept it & after download u r ready to use torrent on ur phone.

Anonymous, 14 Feb 2011http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/992748/ ...I saw this link on El... moreThanx... awesome app.

• Julian

now if i can only find a way to open pdfs. lol, now someone's gonna abuse me saying if you want to do all that buy a laptop etc... :-)

Julian, 14 Feb 2011Yes, the zylo can multitask very well. The shortcut button provi... morehttp://gallery.mobile9.com/f/992748/

...I saw this link on Elm section.

Its good mobile you sony mobile is made for multitasking

• Julian

emin, 14 Feb 2011how long the ideal period for charging zylo?Ideally till the charging indicator stops moving!

typically one hour or so.

• Julian

noob, 14 Feb 2011hey guys. i need some help in making my decision between zylo an... moreYes, the zylo can multitask very well. The shortcut button provides quick access to running apps as well as other shortcuts.

I have yet to find a good, free document reader for the SE platform. Anyone know of something?

• emin

how long the ideal period for charging zylo?