Sony Xperia 10 II

Sony Xperia 10 II

I have bought sony 10 II a few days ago, on offer from my mobile carrier with ch510 headphones as a gift.
Previously i had sony xa2 (a good robust phone), so i will compare 10II with xa2.
Overall i like 10II, it stays good in hand, offers a good grip, it fits ok in my pants pocket.

pros: good battery, better bluetooth (connects faster), i like dual view screen, display ratio, 128 gb

cons: lousy speaker, i am experiencing micro stuttering when i play movies from HBO app or some other streaming apps (anyone else? on youtube is ok), lazy vibrating motor, back panel sounds hollow, disappointing camera.

The ch510 are quite ok, but cannot be used on watching movies on 10II because it lags and it is very annoying to see an explosion and one 2 milliseconds after to hear it.

Kfav82, 18 Jun 2020Yeah that's definitely the case with the haters. I looked a... moreAbout the price, I don't really think 300+ usd is worth a Sanpdragon 665 midrange phone, the IP65/68 is really good though but still a bit expensive considering that has 4GB RAM, I think it would be better if Sony added a 6GB RAM version a little more expensive to relatively adjust the specs to the price. I really want this phone because of the 21:9 aspect ratio but the non-competitive price hits hard.

Battery is excelent, i miss the sony album app and widgets are very big in height, i cant stretch them. Sound during video is good and clear.

How is the flashlight, is it bright like the old Xperia 10 and the loudspeaker is loud like the old Xperia 10?

Ralf316, 19 Jun 2020My Xperia x started with Android six and ended with Android... morexa2 didn't get android 10 also xperia 10 (not mark 2) wouldn't get android 11

• Ralf316

Anonymous, 19 Jun 2020will this phone will get 2 android upgrade or just android ... moreMy Xperia x started with Android six and ended with Android 8. I hope that here it start in Android 10 and gets eleven and probably twelve.

will this phone will get 2 android upgrade or just android 11 thats it

• Kfav82

117, 19 Jun 2020Ordered the case off amazon as I have a account with them, ... moreThe only thing you may have to do if you have it set up is the fingerprint sensor as Sony have made it smaller on this handset and it took me a few goes to get it right once the case was on

• Ralf316

I just read phone review in one of the polish side - , they said that phone record videos Practically without sound.
So maybe it's a problem of polish dystrybution only?
It's going more and more strange

Does this telephone have reverse wireless charging capabilities?

Kfav82, 18 Jun 2020Yeah that's definitely the case with the haters. I looked a... moreOrdered the case off amazon as I have a account with them, that's what was worried about if it too much width and length to the phone

• Kfav82

117, 18 Jun 2020yes i got the update as soon as i set the phone up i dont m... moreYeah that's definitely the case with the haters. I looked around before buying this but found its a good phone for the money. I used it pretty much all day yesterday including watching videos, playing music, etc. and still had 31% battery by nighttime. I really can't fault it at all and if people actually tried the phone they would see. I got this case... It's good quality and doesn't really add any bulk to it https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264736131472

Kfav82, 18 Jun 2020Ah great stuff. Yeah I didn't like the gesture thing, think... moreyes i got the update as soon as i set the phone up i dont mind the swiftkey keyboard as it was like the keyboard on my old lumia phone battery life is good, the chipset is fast for what i need and use it for i'm a medium user not a heavy gamer all those ppl who complain about it some just dont like sony at all for the price this is a very good phone i dont know if to get case for the phone as i'm so used to having a case

• Kfav82

117, 18 Jun 2020@Kfav82 finally got it at 4-30 last night finishing settin... moreAh great stuff. Yeah I didn't like the gesture thing, think it's an android 10 setup? I went back to the traditional three buttons. I also installed the old Xperia keyboard don't really like the gboard or the swiftkey ones. I got a system update come through yesterday you may have already got it

Kfav82, 16 Jun 2020Hi, Hopefully it will turn up early. My handset is just st... more@Kfav82 finally got it at 4-30 last night finishing setting it up this phone is awesome compared to my xa2 the only thing I don't like is the gesture system it's different on brother's Xperia 10 he still has the back button so I have gone back to 3 button system I like the dark mode still playing with it as somethings are completely different to my xa2

• Ralf316

Kfav82, 17 Jun 2020If it were my phone I would be sending it back and getting ... moreIts Hard to say is it hardware problem - both microphones are walking in another apps like WhatsApp, sound recorder etc
It strange that only camera apps that issue appears.
my brother was working in phone service for few years and he told me that probably its software problem or zimÄ™ fanaberie of camera module.
i have no much time in this week but maybe i send back to support at the end of the month

• Kfav82

Ralf316, 17 Jun 2020Security patch date change from march to may. Unfortunatel... moreIf it were my phone I would be sending it back and getting a replacement. If it were a software issue then I would have the same issue, it sounds like a hardware issue- in my opinion anyway.

• Ralf316

Security patch date change from march to may.
Unfortunately the problem with low sound level in video still appear

• Ralf316

Guys first update is coming now in Poland. I am going to install it if something change i will write to you.

I'm using this phone for a week and I'm really happy with it. So far no issues. I'm not the heavy user and don't play heavy games on it.
I'm suprised how on this low hardware phone the OS is working snapy and with no major laggs.
Battery life with my use 1-3 days (depends how actively used).
And I really like the thin basel on the top with camera, led and speakers, because I really don't like triangles and black holes in the screen.
Things I don't like is lack of built in stereo speakers. Only one speaker on the bottom.